Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Aug 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3665382)   #1
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham Drift Day Marshals (7th Aug) THANKS

I'm a circuit racer who occasionally does some drifting so came on this day. Boy were you chaps kept busy, don't know if that made it a 'good' day for you or a 'bad' day but your efforts were greatly appreciated. I didn't need to call on your assistance myself but plenty did.

Heard lots of positive comments from those attending on how well the day was run and how efficient the marshaling was. Most of the guys in attendance would perhaps not have done any circuit based drifting before so wouldn't know that this is the norm for you guys.

I hope they run more of these, am sure many that were on this one will be a bit more 'aware' of the the consequences of a badly executed drift and at circuit speeds, most would have done cone based courses at lower speeds.

So, just wanted to say Thanks and pass on what I am hearing in the drift community. Hope they were all well behaved towards you guys. They often look a 'rum bunch' but I find it a great community.

Malcolm
Blue S14a
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3666972)   #2
MaxxUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
MaxxUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had the opportunity to speak to one of my marshal buddies at Rockingham the week after at the NissShow and he said that, despite being a busy day and having the taste of rubber in his mouth for 2-3 days after the marshals enjoyed the day. He also said the drift crowd were very appreciative of all the 'help' given and that they left the place very today, no rubbish.

He also said he would have loved a passenger ride around there in a drift car which I have passed onto the organisers and they are happy to try and sort this on the next event.

So, if you're wondering what it's like drifting around Rockingham National I did upload a short video from onboard my Nissan S14a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY_TBGg0dVA