Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Mar 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3045005)   #1001
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Oh, Shane McKillen. Got ya!

I wondered if the spelling was right. The grapevine said he had resigned as a director of TMC though.
I spelt it as I pronounced it, so yes I could be wrong, but at least we're on the same wave length now.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 23:30 (Ref:3045010)   #1002
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So no Mckenzie as well if your list is correct Jerico, I remember Edgell signed up for TRS later than most in it's first year. Is there a date you must sign up before Jerico or can you just earn interest on your own money and pay in a couple of months.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3045015)   #1003
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
I spelt it as I pronounced it, so yes I could be wrong, but at least we're on the same wave length now.
No worries. The list had nine sales to seven parties - I'm guessing two for Tulloch and maybe two for McKillen. I wonder if that means a resurrection of XXX in some form or other?

flyingduck - I heard from a well connected individual that McKenzies new-gen car is for sale. Maybe they're out altogether.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:11 (Ref:3045030)   #1004
flyingduck
Veteran

I heard the first one didn't look the best. Well it will be interesting, I thought Short would be in and was on the list I was told but have seen nothing in writing. The Short family have the biggest MNZ tie up of all, well good to see we are back on track talking NZV8 gossip.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:49 (Ref:3045049)   #1005
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well good to see we are back on track talking NZV8 gossip.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that
Old 20 Mar 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3045060)   #1006
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I heard the first one didn't look the best.
I'm not quite with you...
Old 20 Mar 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3045066)   #1007
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I heard the first one didn't look the best. Well it will be interesting, I thought Short would be in and was on the list I was told but have seen nothing in writing. The Short family have the biggest MNZ tie up of all, well good to see we are back on track talking NZV8 gossip.
i have been reliably informed of a new two car team with a well known young driver (with some international experience) and another young prospect being finalised shortly and anounced in a month or so--both new to V8's
Old 20 Mar 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3045088)   #1008
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Well good to see we are back on track talking NZV8 gossip.
Amen to that[/QUOTE]

You make the motions that you are an NZV8 fan. But in reality you must be an ST supporter, as you have made a total of 45 posts to date on this site, 35 of those were posted on the ST thread and only 7 on the NZV8 thread.

Just an observation.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:19 (Ref:3045114)   #1009
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
i have been reliably informed of a new two car team with a well known young driver (with some international experience) and another young prospect being finalised shortly and anounced in a month or so--both new to V8's

Who would want to buy a new NZV8?

I would think they will people who dont have the ability to be competitive with the Greg Murphy's, Kayne Scott's and Johnny Mac's,
but still wish to go racing in that type of class / car.

Which is probably a lot more people than you would expect.
Probably be a few who are new to NZV8's and maybe even the odd one who is new to car racing altogether.

Time will tell.

I think there are probably enough people in NZ to fill NZV8 and the ST fields.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3045117)   #1010
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Unless they all get ****ed off an go classic racing!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3045119)   #1011
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Amen to that
You make the motions that you are an NZV8 fan. But in reality you must be an ST supporter, as you have made a total of 45 posts to date on this site, 35 of those were posted on the ST thread and only 7 on the NZV8 thread.

Just an observation.[/QUOTE] maybe a motorsport supportor ??

i know the NZV8 Vs NZST has been a ****ing contest from day one, but using peoples post count and Facebook "Likes" as a popularity tool, dosn't actually cut it.

i believe most spectators bat for both teams, as long as there is a decent product to veiw.

currently, neither camp gets my vote, but may sneak a peek at Ruapuna to see if all the NZST hype is warrented.

good luck to any team involved, especially those who are prepared to keep the 'original ' DNA alive.

Last edited by Woolley; 20 Mar 2012 at 13:34. Reason: Ahem, autocensor
Old 20 Mar 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3045125)   #1012
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
good luck to any team involved, especially those who are prepared to keep the 'original ' DNA alive.
amen to that
Old 20 Mar 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3045130)   #1013
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post

I would think they will people who dont have the ability to be competitive with the Greg Murphy's, Kayne Scott's and Johnny Mac's,
but still wish to go racing in that type of class / car.

Which is probably a lot more people than you would expect.
Probably be a few who are new to NZV8's and maybe even the odd one who is new to car racing altogether.

Time will tell.

I think there are probably enough people in NZ to fill NZV8 and the ST fields.
Agree...and always good to see new blood coming along. Unfortunately for some the NZV8 series will be around next season, i just hope that other manufactures get on board to so it makes it real interesting.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3045182)   #1014
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Which means if you have the money to race a V8 and you don't want to go classic racing you can either go for the CC or the NZV8's new format...
or NZV8 Utes or GTRNZ or Sports GT or Jet Sprints or Speedway or Drag racing..
Old 20 Mar 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3045342)   #1015
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right, most of that lot has gone again. There was probably some talk about the series which got deleted, so sorry if there was anything useful. In the meantime if you could all discuss the subject instead of discussing each other I can save a lot of effort with my delete finger and we may just get some useful discussion. If not I'll just keep deleting it and start issuing warnings for off topic/pointless posts and we'll see who's the first to get a holiday.

The subject, I remind you, is NZV8s. Not STs, and not "Why the bloke who posted something about me 3 pages ago is a moron."

Thank you.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3045520)   #1016
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
I would suspect any team that wishes to contest a New Zealand Motorsport Championship.

Super Tourers are not a NZ Championship class, in fact they are in a very similar position to OSCA all those years ago when a group of South Islanders who did not agree with the way NZ Motorsport was heading formed their own association and raced very successfully for many years. Unfortunately what we see from OSCA today is a very pale imitation of what was the real thing but as a class it is still going 40 years later and is the longest surviving class of racing in NZ.

Many bemoan the fact that OSCA is not like it used to be and maybe in the minds of spectators and competitors alike Super tourers could become the OSCA replacement big, brash, exciting personalities, aggressive racing with plenty of colour and that Motorsport NZ continues to control championship classes just like it allways has.

OSCA had it's PDL team, Leonard, Crowe, Tulloch, Osbourne, Huxford, Collins , Bellis etc.etc and the Motorsport Championships had their Dawsons, Coppins, Fahey & Richards etc.

There is room for both, just needs a wee bit of management and communication between parties and that will eventuate.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3045522)   #1017
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The subject, I remind you, is NZV8s. Not STs
Well you're the boss Woolley, but I would like to add a comment and a question. In a small country like NZ, and particularly when you factor in how V8ST came about, there are many discussions about V8 racing that can not avoid reference to both classes. Should we have a "V8 racing in NZ" thread then?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3045602)   #1018
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Well you're the boss Woolley, but I would like to add a comment and a question. In a small country like NZ, and particularly when you factor in how V8ST came about, there are many discussions about V8 racing that can not avoid reference to both classes. Should we have a "V8 racing in NZ" thread then?
I completely agree, your suggestion is what's required to stop all the infighting and it will help to improve discussion, well lets hope so.

As you said this country is not big enough to support two V8 threads, this is why we are hoping from one to the other, looking for someone to talk to, or about.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3045608)   #1019
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
With Cambridge driver Nick Ross making an improvement on last year's championship position he looks to the future and the new generation of the NZV8s with ambition and enthusiasm.

"It wasn't quite the end of the season we had hoped for but we showed some very promising results, finished higher than last year and came in as the highest placed Holden." said Ross.

Checking out the presentation at Taupo over the weekend regarding the new generation of NZV8s chassis Ross is enthusiastic over the future of his sport in New Zealand.

“I think the new concept is great. It’s going to be really affordable for the little guy who hasn’t got a big budget.. They can buy one of these cars and go racing and be competitive right out of the box.” he said.

The regulated racing chassis will be identical for both Holden and Fords but will be powered by engines unique to the relative manufacturer with body panels to match.

The Holden driver also likes the idea of opening the NZV8s to other interested manufacturers.

Motorsport New Zealand declared at the weekend of the final round in Taupo that the new generation series will accept any other brands able to meet the requirements of the NZV8s which was previously restricted to Holden and Ford.

"Like the idea but must warn we need to tread carefully and be careful with who we let into the series to retain the integrity of the NZV8s." said Ross.

interesting line..
Old 20 Mar 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3045620)   #1020
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
With Cambridge driver Nick Ross making an improvement on last year's championship position he looks to the future and the new generation of the NZV8s with ambition and enthusiasm.

"It wasn't quite the end of the season we had hoped for but we showed some very promising results, finished higher than last year and came in as the highest placed Holden." said Ross.

Checking out the presentation at Taupo over the weekend regarding the new generation of NZV8s chassis Ross is enthusiastic over the future of his sport in New Zealand.

“I think the new concept is great. It’s going to be really affordable for the little guy who hasn’t got a big budget.. They can buy one of these cars and go racing and be competitive right out of the box.” he said.

The regulated racing chassis will be identical for both Holden and Fords but will be powered by engines unique to the relative manufacturer with body panels to match.

The Holden driver also likes the idea of opening the NZV8s to other interested manufacturers.

Motorsport New Zealand declared at the weekend of the final round in Taupo that the new generation series will accept any other brands able to meet the requirements of the NZV8s which was previously restricted to Holden and Ford.

"Like the idea but must warn we need to tread carefully and be careful with who we let into the series to retain the integrity of the NZV8s." said Ross.

interesting line..
Very interesting, but could be taken out of context.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3045653)   #1021
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post

interesting line..
On refection, it's a wonder that Nick didn't mention that thay had bought 2 MRX cars for next season, the second car is going to be driven by Nick's brother in-law Simon.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3045682)   #1022
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The subject, I remind you, is NZV8s. Not STs, and not "Why the bloke who posted something about me 3 pages ago is a moron."
To clarify, because people in here seem determined to react to everything, "me" in the comment above does not refer to 'me' as in Woolley. It is merely indicative of the sort of comment that I have had to delete in large numbers. ie, poster X described poster Y in such fashion because they disagreed with something they said 15 posts previously. It's not the playground, just discuss the subject and lets lose the 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' posts.

Quote:
Quote:
As you said this country is not big enough to support two V8 threads, this is why we are hoping from one to the other, looking for someone to talk to, or about.
The country probably isn't big enough for the two series, and time and a court case will likely decide which will prevail. However, you should be able to keep the two threads separate. When the court case is settled then there will certainly be cause for discussion of the result and that will clearly be in it's own thread. A certain amount of comparison is OK (which is heavier, which has most power) is fine, but filling the NZV8 thread with 'ST is better, V8 is rubbish' and vice versa is just plain rude.

I hope my point is clear. This is a discussion forum so please discuss. Don't throw insults, don't swamp the thread with posts to belittle the series of the subject or those who wish to discuss it and don't avoid the autocensor while you're at it. If in doubt, read the FAQ and engage your brain before hitting the send button. If you'd get upset by someone saying that about you, then don't say it about them.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3045686)   #1023
flyingduck
Veteran

I need to talk to my brother in law, I think for Xmas I got a bottle of bourbon which I was very happy with but a brand new race car now that's nice.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3045697)   #1024
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
I need to talk to my brother in law, I think for Xmas I got a bottle of bourbon which I was very happy with but a brand new race car now that's nice.
hmm want to trade brother in laws?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 23:26 (Ref:3045698)   #1025
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see why the new NZV8 class cant work.There are plenty of good drivers out there looking for a chance to move up--and an incentive.
the new cars will be reasonably similar and gives a base for everyone to be competitive.you wont see 10 year old chassis technology up against current thinking and an engine builder war going on.Yes we will still have engineering prowess to factor in ,but most classes have that.
Just because you dont see the names of Baird,scott,manuell,Booth etc on the entry list doesnt mean the class will fail, and certainly does not mean that all the names we dont hear about all the time 'cant drive'.
there is now an opportunity for some new names to emerge as well as some new teams and new sponsors.
Also ,correct me if i am wrong but ST is pretty much full now and apart from the odd driver dropping out each year will stay that way for the next couple of seasons at least,so with the new NZV8 class being not a million miles away from ST it must have appeal to the other aspiring drivers out there,and there must be plenty who dream of being able to drive in a big class as they develope--thats why a good percentage of young guys go racing in the first place.
i hear a whisper that TMC management of the series is in for a fairly sizeable shakeup---which it certainly needs to regain some credibility.
I am not a part of motorsport hiearchy but have a lifetime in the sport and while ST is a neat new class there is also the 'rest' of nz motorsport and if the powers that be do finally listen to the groundswell of discontent within the ranks then it wont take a huge amount to fix and move on,
in my opinion that is.........