Glock 0 0%
Hispania Driver 2 (please specify) 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3109755)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- German Grand Prix

Who for you?
Old 22 Jul 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3109762)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The winner takes it all !
Old 22 Jul 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3109812)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso and Vettel drove really well, but Button had a fair bit of catching up to do after the McLaren 'wet weather qualifying pace problem'. And then had the usual McLaren 'wears out tyres too much in the race' problem, to also put up with.

If that's what McLaren call a 'significant upgrade', then their problems haven't yet gone away.

Edit: Although, Jenson disagrees: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101427

Both Sauber drivers drove well, as did Kimi and Hulkenburg. TGF(1) seemed to go missing in action.

Last edited by Marbot; 22 Jul 2012 at 16:26.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3109861)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Close call, but I've given it to Button for his progress up the grid from his start position, and for the fact that by and large he used the race circuit that the organisers intended, rather than a random variation, as Alonso and Vettel did......

Alonso did well in both wet and dry, though, so an honourable mention.....as well as a slap on the wrist for going "all-four off"
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3109865)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel, for his impressive inventiveness in trying to find the fastest way around (but not necessarily on) the circuit.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3109871)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Alonso, simple. But i do wish that everyone would go on about how he wins in that car, at the start of the season, yes, it was slow, but no it's the best car out there.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3109885)   #7
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard one this , I am not a huge Ferrari/Alonso fan but i do admire and respect what the Spaniard has done this season . I have given DOTR to Button because of a great result considering his last few races , 3rd oh hang on sorry 2nd!!
Old 22 Jul 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3109913)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button for me. Good comeback from the doldrums.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3109929)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Alonso for me, well I would say that down here
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Jul 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3109942)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Webber.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3109961)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave my vote to kobayashi for a very entertaining driver
Old 22 Jul 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3109963)   #12
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimi for me, some brilliant overtakes and great driving without relying on DRS to get the job done

Perry McCarthy
Old 22 Jul 2012, 22:21 (Ref:3110020)   #13
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Gave this one to Kimi, although I guess Button also had a good run.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3110032)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I could have given it to Alonso who did everything he had to do. Or Button for a great climb up from a fairly lowly qualifying position (as well as showing a recovery from McLaren's recent doldrums). Or to Raikkonen for some exciting racing. Or to Bashibashi for some equally exciting racing and a super result.

In the end I gave it to JB because he's English.
Old 22 Jul 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3110065)   #15
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Alonso for another amazing "putting the car where it doesnt belong to" drive. When Schumi was out there winning races from pole for Ferrari, Barichello was usually in the mix too (top6ish at least), but look where Massa is now...for me it just suggests that Alonso is indeed doing something exceptional and is in the best form of his life.

Also, watch his qualifying lap onboard (if you havnt watched it yet) AMAZING car control.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3110070)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3110091)   #17
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was going to say Kobi, but Perez gets my vote for passing more cars.

Surprised some loveblind Hamilton fanboi didn't toss him a vote for passing Vettel.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3110194)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post

Surprised some loveblind Hamilton fanboi didn't toss him a vote for passing Vettel.
Nearly went for Checo, and went for Kamui, But thinking about it again I've made the wrong choice....

Mods, can you change my pick to Perez please?

Elsewehere, Vettel's really getting on my wick, waving his hands about at all and sundry. Just get on with it man!!

Button: mugged again and I think was fortunate to get the penal applied to Seb....

Alonso: What can you say that hasn't already been said. He is supreme.

Feel very sorry for Lewis, he would've been right in there.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3110202)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody takes my "Driver Of The Race" this time around, although Teflonso came close for a solid drive from pole to post, however it was just that, a solid drive, nothing particularly special enough to earn my "DOTR" vote.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3110212)   #20
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button for me. Glad to see him back on form as I admired his driving style from the camera car.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3110218)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were so many English drivers from which to choose it has been a struggle to decide. Alonso was stolid in his defence of first place, but I do think the over use of the outside of the final turn was somewhat unsporting, so he doesn't get the vote.

Sebastion was also guilty of lots of off road stuff, not to mention allowing Lewis to get into his head for a few laps, so again nil points, even ignoring the pass on Jenson.

The Sauber drivers (Ex Winchester I understand) were tremendous entertainment, with passing moves all through the event.

Lewis was unlucky to pick up the damage, then the gearbox problem, however I think he knew he should stop to avoid the penalty next time and that is why he made the point on the radio.

The chap in the Renault with the un english name was also extremely entertaining, especially when he chased down Michael whenm passing Nico H.

To suggest, however that Button was "mugged" is way off the mark, he had no grip for the last few laps as demonstrated by the oversteer he had going through almost all the corners including, the bend along the back "straight".

Mark was nowhere really and Paul Di Resta may want to forget about this one.

So in keeping with the forum rules of fair play and internationalism, I'm giving my vote to Jenson because he's English.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3110228)   #22
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post

I would have voted for LH, being a fanboi, but he wasn't good enough. Perhaps it's because I'm English, and I really can't be bothered trying to find excuses to belittle other people??

Alonso for me I think, Button a close second. But I didn't see the whole race.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 11:27 (Ref:3110258)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In order of preference :-

1. Teflonso (Another decent drive and gets pole. Where did his teammate come?).

2. Button (Good performance from him).

3. Checo (Good passing from him).

4. Kobawashabi (More good passing from the Japanese master).

Wally of the race : Vettel. Not only did he throw a fit at Hamilton("Show me some respect! - what is he The Godfather or something?), but his pass on Jenson was a mess. He missed out on a 2nd place for sure there.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3110323)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button, because it's nice to get through a race without hearing him whine about understeer!
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3110325)   #25
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alonso all the way, he was flawless although with better tyres it could have easily been Jenson.