Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 25 Oct 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2569024)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aguadilla

Another request from fellow puertorrican racers, a racetrack in Aguadilla,near a mall in a good place for hotels, beaches,airport nearby,pretty cool location.

I tried to go for flow this time, making a series of fast corners joined toghether, trying to distribute many direction changes and some decent straights. Circuit runs CCW and measures 3,840mts, with 11 meters wide except at the final corner,where it gets wider to allow for a variety of lines and thus produce some spectacular finishes.

There's plenty of runoff everywhere for the predicted speeds and trajectories, I went 200 m away from the nearest houses, which of course I will give these people good jobs at the track so that they don't complaint about the noise!!!

there you go!
Old 25 Oct 2009, 02:35 (Ref:2569049)   #2
MKTurismo
Rookie

United States
Great Lakes
MKTurismo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a really awesome design. Looks like some pretty fun turns and sequences.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2570155)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a beautifully flowing track, especially in the section from Turn 2 down the curvy backstretch towards the entrance to the infield.
However, the kink of Turn 1 with its large radius, at the end of the front straight, should make overtaking pretty hard.

Switching the track to clockwise - and mirroring the curvy backstretch by a line in North-to-South direction might be a possible solution for that, which keeps alive all the characteristics of the track design.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2570445)   #4
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
However, the kink of Turn 1 with its large radius, at the end of the front straight, should make overtaking pretty hard.
Oh thx Yannick, I always like to listen to your comments!

I thought that kink-double apex and a fast corner would provide some b-i-c-t-h-i-n pass-repass ,at least in motorcycles, where you might find yourself leading at one turn but the other guy in the next and then a 3rd and 4th chance to fight back.sort like Sepang's weird chicane at t2.
,watch sunday's motogp and see what I meant.

Agree the track is reversible, that's one of my requirements on track design.Now I'm also trying hard to stay away from the "spaniard" style always chracterised me and put some organic areas,at least.