Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2578551)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hairpin Madness

A little hairpin lunacy
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled direction.jpg   Untitled Dimensions.jpg  
Old 9 Nov 2009, 05:27 (Ref:2578665)   #2
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, it doesn't look nearly as bad as Caesar's Palace or the old Cape Town circuit (from the '30s).
Old 9 Nov 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2578713)   #3
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, guys!

If the track is 6.7kms long, it wouldn't exactly be hairpin madness because they wouldn't be that tight, but I know what you mean by madness. Very fast though BTLOI
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2582871)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from scaling it a tad bit down i wouldnt change a thing here.

Good one.

bio
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:07 (Ref:2582900)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It reminds me of Ceasar's Palace. IIRC that was a huge physical challenge because it was anticlockwise and incredibly twisty, with Nelson Piquet Snr requiring an hour and a half with Sugar Ray Leonard's masseur after a practice session.

Unfortunately I think that car park has been built over, but as a venue it can't have been that bad. Vegas would be a logical venue for the F1 brand and reasonably good for European TV and fans in California (?).
Old 16 Nov 2009, 16:57 (Ref:2582938)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually like the flow of this track. It does not have an overabundance of sharp corners like its title suggests. Not at all. This is better than most Tilke tracks, which cannot be said of Caesar's Palace, so comparing this one with the ancient car park track is not quite right because this is clearly not meant to be a weird concept, but a workable one - which I like.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 11:28 (Ref:2584073)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I really like it. As people say it looks a bit more do-able than Ceasar's, so to speak. Just because it's full of hairpins, it doesn't mean it has to be slow, and this is a prime example

I'm gagging to upload one i've just made... Having a lot of difficulty getting through this bloody school system.

Hopefully this will work:

Selby
Old 18 Nov 2009, 23:53 (Ref:2584665)   #8
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ssadly didn't - at least I can only see the red X

bio
Old 19 Nov 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2584679)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Hopefully this will work:

Selby
I don't even see an X, try attaching the image here using the advanced option
Old 19 Nov 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2584884)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
There we gooo

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
syncmans.jpg  
Old 21 Nov 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2586515)   #11
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the "S" shape, my favorite design. Standing ovation all across PR.

T12 looks like a scary place on a bike though, it seems you can top out 6th cog while leaned and then a braking area that will push you outside on the trail braking, wheeehhhwww!!!I see lots of high sides approaching t12 but of course it's the riders problem to solve!!!
Old 23 Nov 2009, 09:51 (Ref:2587691)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Thank you very much, LS

And I must apologise - I completely forgot to put turn numbers in there!!

Selby