Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Apr 2001, 11:54 (Ref:84706)   #1
Henrik Kjaer
Rookie

Henrik Kjaer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi - can some one help me with a couple of questions regarding driver management and sponsorship. You see my son has raced Karts since the age of 7 and has just finished a 5 day race intensive course at Silverstone and is now looking at the next step "Formula Fords". I have managed his affairs up till now but I'm starting to wander if it's time to get someone professional to manage him, plus the task of finding suitable sponsorship is proving difficult

Any feedback greatly appreciated
Old 27 Apr 2001, 12:55 (Ref:85771)   #2
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

It is very difficult 'going alone', especially getting sponsorship. I did the course at Silverstone last Summer, and many of the guys who raced with me are racing at present. Two guys I know are in the BRDC Formula Ford series run by Silverstone, one is in the Benelux FFord series, and another in the Avon Junior FFord series. I think all these guys have links with or are assisted by managers of some kind.

One of the guys doing the BRDC series is doing it on a race by race basis as he is really struggling with sponsorship, its a tricky world out there.

Try having a with word Ken Bowes who runs the Silverstone School, he might be able to help you or answer your questions better than I can... I chatted with him at length at the Autosports show, and he is really helpful. I guess you wouold have met him if you went to Silverstone to watch your Son, Ken would be the one doing the Murray Walker like commentary during the end of course race...

Hope this helps you, good luck...

Andy
Old 27 Apr 2001, 21:29 (Ref:86019)   #3
RCude21
Rookie

RCude21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Silverstone have a website? Thanks.