Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 May 2001, 20:23 (Ref:90802)   #1
Happy Hippo
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Happy Hippo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morelli for 2 races with Astromega

Apparently Dino Morelli will only drive 2 races for Astromega. That's as much as he can pay. So much for consistency with astromega. Why didn't they take Jeffrey van Hooydonck. He's still trying to drive the last six races for coloni. So he can afford it.
Astromega really doesn't have confidence in van Hooydonck.
Makes you wander who's next after Monaco...
Old 9 May 2001, 20:55 (Ref:90811)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And why not Norberto Fontana?

I remember Norberto was in negotiations with Team Astromega last winter. Finally the team engaged Giorgio Pantano and Ananda Mikola. Norberto now races on TC2000 with team Toyota.

Someone of us can tell me about performances of Norberto of two last years, but I must tell you what Fortec, during 1999, was a new team and never got the clue during his F3000 campaign (and they want to engage back Fontana for 2001, but Norberto finally refused). Also about Della Penna, on CART it was the equivalent of "Minardi". He and the team landed in a bunch of problems, caused due to many reasons (Norberto's crash on Motegi, the bills not paid by Tinelli (Fontana's biggest sponsor), and the constant problems on the team). This year he races on TC2000, and with a new team with regular car (as Toyota is now) he really doing well. On last race, he was the only driver who can put his car between the two unbeatable Berta's Ford cars. He finally abandoned due to clutch problems, but he made a very good race.

Really I thought the team Astromega (one of my favourite) needs a professional driver to develop cars, as last year. Also it might be a good (do or die) opportunity for Norberto, to demonstrate his abilities on monoposto cars. Sponsorship? Well, he isn't so wealthier.
Perhaps PSN can backing him, but this is dubious because PSN exceed
his backing this year and because that the company need to administrate money funds. Someone told me PSN only paid U$S 5 millions for the U$S 20 millions they agreed to spend in motorsport. Because that it's probably what (as I read in other Forum) Filiberti will be replaced by Cochet at Prostar, but at now there is only a rumour. And some sadly for me because I'm also Argentinian.

Back to Fontana, I want to tell us he got a supporter group. Their website is: http://www.ganf.com.ar