Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Sep 2023, 07:37 (Ref:4176233)   #26
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed my two days as a 'couch potato' watching the livestream. I know for some purists the 'development' of the cars is an issue but for sheer enjoyment of very enjoyable racing it is hard to beat, especially for a 'TV' audience. Obviously a few bits of iffy driving here and there and too many safety car interruptions but largely very good.

As for the commentary - we've had worse! As I've said in other threads I miss Marcus Pye but I wonder if the 'powers that be' now regard him as being too detailed in his observations & comments about the cars and their history and they want to appeal to a wider / younger audience? I don't know for sure. As to Alice Powell, she's obviously relatively new at commentary but I think she's doing okay and improving all the time.

Well done to Goodwood for putting on another great show and for still providing the free live-feed.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 08:27 (Ref:4176238)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ben Edwards is great, Bruce very enthusiastic but Jacques and Powell continue to be awful. It's cringeworthy at times.
I've no time for Jacques but Bruce is excellent (I've been listening to him at Le Mans for years). I thought Edwards was fine and no complaints about Alice either, to be honest.

For me, as a steward there, I got to work with some really nice people (mostly the same ones as I was with last year), meet and chat with some really pleasant 'punters' and watch the racing at the same time in lovely surroundings and fabulous weather. For me, at 66 it's a lot of time standing and my legs were crying 'foul' at the end of my shift each day, but I had a great time and I expect to be back to do it all again next year.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Sep 2023 at 08:35.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4176263)   #28
ron54
Rookie

ron54 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see what caused Justin Law to have his off?…To survive 3 days of track action only to have it end so near the last corner of the last race on the last day must be disappointing to say the least.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4176294)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Are you talking about this race? https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...dwood-revival/
Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:30 (Ref:4176306)   #30
ron54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It was the final race of the meeting Race 16 Part 2 of the St Mary’s Trophy..
Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:35 (Ref:4176309)   #31
ron54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
It was the final race of the meeting.
Race 16…. Part 2 of the St. Mary’s Trophy.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 17:31 (Ref:4176327)   #32
ron54
Rookie

It was Race 16..St. Mary’s Trophy. Part 2
Old 11 Sep 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4176335)   #33
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
If this one doesn't work for you, I'll give my tongue to the cat…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_oQ9pe4-s4 Or may through GW channel?
Old 11 Sep 2023, 18:08 (Ref:4176338)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Last call: https://www.goodwood.com/grr/event-c...-2023-revival/
Old 14 Sep 2023, 10:10 (Ref:4176600)   #35
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately the highlights shown on YouTube don't show what happened to Justin Law late on in the race.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4176601)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Unfortunately the highlights shown on YouTube don't show what happened to Justin Law late on in the race.
full race here (I think)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5LVISB0HQ&t
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Sep 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4176636)   #37
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Law's Jag was shown crashed on the last lap but not the incident leading up tp it !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Sep 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4176659)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Law's Jag was shown crashed on the last lap but not the incident leading up tp it !
There was a report albeit not heavy on the details in motorsport mag, which reported as follows:

Quote:
.....Dumas was up to make it a hat-trick in the Shepherds’ Thunderbird but only if the owner’s son Fred could stay in front of the Jaguars. Chris Ward in the Jaguar did lead the 7-litre monster for a while but ultimately power told and the Thunderbird won as Ward’s transmission snapped just metres away from the line in one of the weekend’s most thrilling finishes.

Behind was a titanic scrap between the Jags driven by Tom Butterfield and Justin Law, who got pinged into the barriers in the closing stages. So, the easy overall winner was Dumas/Shepherd, with Butterfield/ Stewart Graham Jag second and a remarkable third overall for the little Austin ‘Rorty’ 40 driven in Race 1 by Jimmie Johnson but with equal gusto by former British GT competitor Matt Manderson.....
Report on all events: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...h-anniversary/
Old 14 Sep 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4176663)   #39
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
Did anyone see what caused Justin Law to have his off?…To survive 3 days of track action only to have it end so near the last corner of the last race on the last day must be disappointing to say the least.
Yes, yes it is. ( very similar happened to me once on the last lap at the same event too )

Not as dissapointing as having your car smashed up before you get in it though.

Last edited by zefarelly; 14 Sep 2023 at 19:16.
Old 5 Dec 2023, 05:19 (Ref:4188313)   #40
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Yes, yes it is. ( very similar happened to me once on the last lap at the same event too )

Not as dissapointing as having your car smashed up before you get in it though.
Yep, been there, waited two years to get the unfinished car back as well.