Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Aug 2023, 18:25 (Ref:4172605)   #1
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone Festival (Classic) 2023

I've had a look but cant see a thread for this years event. This was formally know as the Classic so hopefully it stays faithfull to how that event was. Anyway, here's the time table for the races for those who going or who interested:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sf23-grid-timetable-v16 (1).pdf (37.9 KB, 55 views)
Old 13 Aug 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4172628)   #2
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much!!
Old 14 Aug 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4172699)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope to be there all three days. Looking forward to catching up with Delta and some old mates. Sadly not racing though. Will be interesting to see how the new format works.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 10:38 (Ref:4172705)   #4
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'll be there Saturday & Sunday and am looking forward to catching up with a number of friends, and hopefully meet some fellow tententhers to put a voice to the Avatar.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4172727)   #5
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'll be there Saturday & Sunday and am looking forward to catching up with a number of friends, and hopefully meet some fellow tententhers to put a voice to the Avatar.
Watching historic cars racing at Silverstone is such an unrewarding experience that, for me at least, it is not worth even a fifth of the ticket price. Happy to pay for a day wandering around the paddocks on Friday though
Old 14 Aug 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4172758)   #6
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
It costs me the equivalent of 20 quid a day, with an advance car club deal and includes BOGOF. I'm there from 7am Fri- Sun , as although it is not a great place to watch racing the enlightened access all areas policy means I can spend at least one full day perving over 1100 racing cars in pit and paddock .

And the day when I don't get a tingle as 50 plus FJs jink into Village , or a bevy of T70s and GT40s , Cobras etc is when you can take me to the knacker's yard .

Oh and we have a collection of NASCAR cars too. Add in God knows how many intriguing cars in the car club areas and I have no complaints.
Old 14 Aug 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4172765)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
Watching historic cars racing at Silverstone is such an unrewarding experience that, for me at least, it is not worth even a fifth of the ticket price. Happy to pay for a day wandering around the paddocks on Friday though
To be honest Mike, watching the racing isn't that high up my priority list either, I'm looking up to catching up with friends, looking at types of racing cars that I used to be involved with when they were current and spending a couple of days with like-minded mates. (I also have the added advantage of a free ticket into the circuit!)
Old 14 Aug 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4172772)   #8
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
To be honest Mike, watching the racing isn't that high up my priority list either, I'm looking up to catching up with friends, looking at types of racing cars that I used to be involved with when they were current and spending a couple of days with like-minded mates. (I also have the added advantage of a free ticket into the circuit!)
I don’t really have the stamina for three days at the Festival any more. Silverstone on Friday, Gurston Down on Sunday and Castle Combe on Monday will do for me
Old 14 Aug 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4172779)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure I do but I will find out after Fri, Sat and Sun at Silverstone , and stewarding at Mallory on Monday . Oh , and Sat and Sun at Croft too. Beats working for a living .
Old 14 Aug 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4172802)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Team Delta will be there . The only thing confirmed is BBQ for Marshals Friday eve . Back from the Ring but very sad to learn that Peter Baldwin has passed away . We always caught up for a chat at this meeting .
Old 15 Aug 2023, 07:55 (Ref:4172842)   #11
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Remind me of your car ? I'll say hello
Old 15 Aug 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4172844)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Team Delta will be there . The only thing confirmed is BBQ for Marshals Friday eve . Back from the Ring but very sad to learn that Peter Baldwin has passed away . We always caught up for a chat at this meeting .
Yes very sad about Peter. I'll endeavour to make the usual delivery for the BBQ on the Friday.
Old 15 Aug 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4172903)   #13
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.mastershistoricracing.co...tone-festival/

Masters Entries out. Very impressive with not one but TWO Ferrari 512Ms.

Brilliant grids all-round though the downward trend numbers wise with the sportscars continues.

Cannot wait.
Old 16 Aug 2023, 06:12 (Ref:4172956)   #14
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Gosh - ,my appetite well and truly whetted . I crawl over broken glass for Ferrari 512s...
Old 16 Aug 2023, 07:41 (Ref:4172960)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knE0aLHcuO0 Till the end of '71, Group6 cars were allowed to enter the rallye Le Tour de France Automobile, people could admire and listen to sport protos like Matra MS 650 and the now famous yellow Tergal 512 (Escuderia Montjuich).
Old 17 Aug 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4173139)   #16
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The full grids are now out and this looks to be stunning weekends racing, here's the racecard for anyone who interersted

https://viewer.joomag.com/silverston...1745246?short&

PW : SF2023
Old 17 Aug 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4173141)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for that, will there be live streaming does anyone know?
Old 17 Aug 2023, 20:02 (Ref:4173143)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
The full grids are now out and this looks to be stunning weekends racing, here's the racecard for anyone who interersted

https://viewer.joomag.com/silverston...1745246?short&

PW : SF2023
Ah the password
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Aug 2023, 21:04 (Ref:4173152)   #19
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Notice one of the 512s is shown as a T70 yet Brundle posted on Instagram 3 days ago they was racing the former? Hmm the annoyances of different entry lists aye
Old 18 Aug 2023, 07:24 (Ref:4173184)   #20
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was that the 512 that was badley bent at Brands last year,might not be ready yet.
Old 18 Aug 2023, 07:35 (Ref:4173185)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Are you talking about the Tergal (Monterverde/Pearson), Robert? Was it '22 or '21? This? https://www.pressreader.com/uk/autos...83051237368476
Old 18 Aug 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4173190)   #22
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Are you talking about the Tergal (Monterverde/Pearson), Robert? Was it '22 or '21? This? https://www.pressreader.com/uk/autos...83051237368476
Yep that's the one, it was out testing at Donington last week, I think it's first run out since the accident in 2021. maybe it wasn't quite ready so old faithful the T70 mk3b being used?
Old 18 Aug 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4173194)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be. When you know what it takes to maintain this kind of wonder in good racing condition and perfect period match…
Old 18 Aug 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4173212)   #24
Markwest
Rookie

Markwest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi do you have password for this?
Old 18 Aug 2023, 12:47 (Ref:4173213)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwest View Post
Hi do you have password for this?
SF2023