Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Feb 2003, 00:26 (Ref:495598)   #1
Nomad
Rookie

Nomad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video Suggestions

Figured this would be a good place to ask this:

I've collected the official FIA F1 season review videos from 1988 and 1990-2001, and I'm looking to see if there's any way to complete the set (1980-ish to 1987, 1992).

Unfortunately (in this matter, at least), I live on the West Coast (yes, one of those California ) and haven't been able to find NTSC versions of the above (US uses NTSC VHS, England has PAL) except for perhaps 1987.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to look, I'd be happy to hear them.

p.s. - If anyone sees Paul Edwards in Europe this summer, tell him I want my 93-94-95 tapes back!
Old 4 Feb 2003, 13:39 (Ref:496044)   #2
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Chris Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get most of mine from Duke Video. I know they do all the F1 season reviews, but whether they are in the format you require I don't know. I'm not very good with things like that. Try www.dukevideo.com or possibly www.duke-usa.com

Hope that helps.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 14:00 (Ref:496090)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always recommend Duke. They've been around for years (I bought my first ever video from them - "In Car 956"!). I'm sure they must cater for US formats.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 14:25 (Ref:496129)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why does it say that for the F1 Review vids only orders are taken from UK and Eire adresses?

Quote:
N.B. Orders for this title can only be accepted from UK and Eire addresses.
Now that's fun! All the Brits and Irish hogging all the review tapes??

Last edited by ASCII Man; 4 Feb 2003 at 14:27.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 16:39 (Ref:496252)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, I didn't know that, sorry.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 17:11 (Ref:496299)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah well, i guess i'll never see something of the turbo era, see Jacques winning his title, etc...
Old 4 Feb 2003, 22:46 (Ref:496706)   #7
Nomad
Rookie

Well, Duke's always been a good place to go (most of my tapes came from there), but the Duke USA site only goes from 87-01 without 1992.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 09:57 (Ref:499202)   #8
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who about F3? they dont do the video any more from 99 I think. Does anybody know were to find that? or any FF or Renault?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 10:45 (Ref:499236)   #9
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
I'm in the same position as you, Morcilman. I used to like their F3 reviews and the occasional Formula Ford video. Now they seem to fill their catalogue with Great British Tractors and the likes.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 12:08 (Ref:499321)   #10
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes is incredible! it was my fav as well. is the best racing and the only place to whatch it if you cant atten races... and now I cant whatch
Old 7 Feb 2003, 13:14 (Ref:499428)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
I used to like their F3 reviews and the occasional Formula Ford video. Now they seem to fill their catalogue with Great British Tractors and the likes.
why is that ...it all seems to have gone downhill alot nowdays .
Old 10 Feb 2003, 23:07 (Ref:502837)   #12
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the 1992 review, its only 90mins. I could at a push make a ntsc dvd of it. for a friend. burchellchristopher@hotmail.com
Old 11 Feb 2003, 01:11 (Ref:502916)   #13
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try Duke-usa.com, its the American distributor for Duke international. Or, www.ewacars.com they have everything from now to the fifties in videos books, ect.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 05:41 (Ref:502982)   #14
Nomad
Rookie

To Radisichrox:

Thanks for the info, but as my earlier posts said, Duke's USA branch isn't quite that extensive. As for EWA Cars, they've got a great run of magazines (my subscription to F1 Racing comes from them) and a nice stock of model cars (got some of those, as well), but their video supply, especially in the FIA Formula One Review section, lacks a little. I do appreciated the gesture, though.

As for Chrisrb2002, your offer is also welcomed; however, I don't want to impose, so I'll only ask as a last resort. It is top-notch of you to offer, though …
Old 11 Feb 2003, 13:11 (Ref:503324)   #15
Chris Gray
Racer

England
Lincolnshire
Sato San; I can't explain why the catalagoue is filled with tractors and buses. My only (and very wild guess) is that Marcus Gronholm and Tommi Makinen are promoting tractors to the masses.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 15:51 (Ref:503448)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most British VCRs can play NTSC tapes as well as PAL, is the same not true in reverse on the otherside-of-the-pond?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:19 (Ref:503464)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Gray
Sato San; I can't explain why the catalagoue is filled with tractors and buses. My only (and very wild guess) is that Marcus Gronholm and Tommi Makinen are promoting tractors to the masses.
hehehehe......Duke used to be so good , but they have gone downhill alot over the last 3 or 4 years
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:54 (Ref:503493)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just like F1 then......