Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > The Driver Files

Old 7 Feb 2010, 13:10 (Ref:2628520)   #1
dereklola
Racer

dereklola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bowler, Michael

Does anyone know where Michael is now? He'll probably be about 70 or just over.

Not sure he qualifies as a 'driver' in the traditional sense but he certainly did drive a lot of vintage cars and vintage races - and of course wrote a lot about them both in books and magazines.

I seem to remember he lived in north London (Harrow area?), went to Cambridge (where I met him) and at one time (mid 60s?) was technical editor of Motor magazine. I think his father was involved in vintage cars as well.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2629183)   #2
Leigh Trevail
Rookie

England
South Norfolk
Leigh Trevail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably this is the same gentleman that until a couple of years ago edited The Automobile magazine. The initials M H L B appeared at the foot of two pieces in this months (February 2010) issue; so he is still around.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 17:38 (Ref:2893716)   #3
Bert Young
Rookie

England
Preston Crowmarsh
Bert Young should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklola View Post
Does anyone know where Michael is now? He'll probably be about 70 or just over.

Not sure he qualifies as a 'driver' in the traditional sense but he certainly did drive a lot of vintage cars and vintage races - and of course wrote a lot about them both in books and magazines.

I seem to remember he lived in north London (Harrow area?), went to Cambridge (where I met him) and at one time (mid 60s?) was technical editor of Motor magazine. I think his father was involved in vintage cars as well.
Michael is a friend of mine . He lives in a property that once was his fathers ; it is located to the West of London not far from Ruislip . He still edits a motoring publication . His family are grown up ( all boys ) . He is married to a delightful woman called Jane . You can locate him on the web or via the BRDC ( he is a member ) . Regards , Bert Young