Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Jan 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3492847)   #1
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forza Motorsport 6

Since it wasn't here already, a thread for the discussion of Forza 6.

Ford GT, there, I said it.
Old 23 Mar 2015, 05:08 (Ref:3518502)   #2
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wish there was something to say about it, but right now little is known.

If FM2, FM3, and FM4 are any indication, FM6 should be a significant improvement over FM5, not just in terms of content but in terms of performance. FM3 brought ten times the polygons seen in FM2, in addition to other improvements.
Old 24 Mar 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3519066)   #3
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be honest, I bought FM5 and will not buy 6. FM5 had a LOT of content removed, and then put into DLC (content which was just FM4 models). FM6 will be the same.

I feel ripped off with FM5, as the entire thing is DLC and pushed micro transactions. I don't see me making the same mistake with FM6.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3522906)   #4
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'll be honest, I bought FM5 and will not buy 6. FM5 had a LOT of content removed, and then put into DLC (content which was just FM4 models). FM6 will be the same.

I feel ripped off with FM5, as the entire thing is DLC and pushed micro transactions. I don't see me making the same mistake with FM6.
They removed them because they wanted everything to be at the highest level of graphical fidelity (compare Gran Turismo and its inconsistent graphical quality between cars). Therefore, some cars didn't get improved in time.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 07:39 (Ref:3523273)   #5
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
They removed them because they wanted everything to be at the highest level of graphical fidelity (compare Gran Turismo and its inconsistent graphical quality between cars). Therefore, some cars didn't get improved in time.
These cars were later put into the DLC, without improvements, and sold to you again. The Mazda RX8 and Audi R8 (LMP, not road car) are perfect examples. These cars are out of proportion and a bit odd looking in Forza 4. The exact same car models, with the same flaws, are in Forza 5, without editing. The R8 even has the same livery with the same low res texture in it.

So despite the marketing saying that the vehicles were improved, they were actually not. I previously worked as a software developer.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3523363)   #6
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
I definitely see improvement in the car, and on the inaccuracy front , I see no issue viewing it beside its real counterpart. The stupid thing it is a ALMS spec R8, which has some visual modifications compared to the ones that went to Le Mans. Why those used those instead, probably money related.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3523390)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The 3D models and textures of many of the cars in Forza 5 are the same ones from Forza 4. You can say they aren't, but they are. They even use the same liveries as before and have the same issues.

Sorry, but Forza 5 was almost a scam. A full priced game with stripped out content which was later resold to you, and micro transactions included too. Which is a bit insulting given that you already paid around £100 for the game and content.

I *love* the driving physics, sounds and graphics of Forza 5, but the entire game was designed on getting as much money from you as possible, rather than giving you an enjoyable experience. I am a long time Forza fan and was sorely disappointed with this.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 15:30 (Ref:3523418)   #8
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The 3D models and textures of many of the cars in Forza 5 are the same ones from Forza 4. You can say they aren't, but they are. They even use the same liveries as before and have the same issues.

Sorry, but Forza 5 was almost a scam. A full priced game with stripped out content which was later resold to you, and micro transactions included too. Which is a bit insulting given that you already paid around £100 for the game and content.

I *love* the driving physics, sounds and graphics of Forza 5, but the entire game was designed on getting as much money from you as possible, rather than giving you an enjoyable experience. I am a long time Forza fan and was sorely disappointed with this.
Except the free copies with some X1's.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3523452)   #9
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've not bought a next-gen console because I was rather unhappy with FM5. I bought an XB, and 360 for Forza because of Road America. Gran Turismo doesn't have my home facility...

But, when Forza took out a ton of content just to re add it as paid DLC. I was done. It's turned into a cash-grab franchise, much like Madden et al. Just don't have any interest in supporting it. Plus GTA V is still taking up the bulk of my time.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 25 May 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3541157)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
recently got into GTA V for the xbox1. fun game.

anyways question, why are games that much more expensive in the UK? £100 is like CAN$200 so that seems really high considering presale for FM6 on a nextgen is CAN$69.99 so like £35 of your beans.

personally going to wait for FM6 rather than get project cars.
Old 26 May 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3541312)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Is FM6 selling for £100? Most games for the Xbox One are £40-£55. Cheaper if you buy the disc version rather than digital too.
Old 29 May 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3542567)   #12
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Wondering if we'll have even one Japanese track this time?
Old 17 Sep 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3574415)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
anyone pick this up yet?
Old 18 Sep 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3574697)   #14
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bought it today, had at lot of fun so far.

great selection of cars and tracks for my taste.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3574807)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'm gonna get this when I can afford to. Seems as though they've emphasized the Motorsport part with more touring cars and GT racers as well as Can Am and other open wheelers
Old 22 Sep 2015, 03:12 (Ref:3575918)   #16
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be picking this up with a One between Black Friday and whatever holiday deals are going on.

It's disappointing to see so many flaws with the game still (mainly the crap career mode and incompetent job selecting competing models of vehicles), but I miss racing with my old league and I haven't had a good racing game to play since FM4, since I skipped getting a One for FM5 since it looked so unimpressive.

Looking forward to racing in the rain. Sure, it's some exaggerated downpour rain but I've always loved wet racing and so few games allow you to do it.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3576653)   #17
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm enjoying it. Had some great races in the classic championship last night.

Taking out the event list is a bizzare move. I'd love to be able to just jump in and out of different classes and race where I like.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 00:48 (Ref:3577867)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
picked it up as well.

very enjoyable but sadly my skills are old and weak!
Old 9 Oct 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3580802)   #19
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very tempted for the GPL machinery on offer ('67 Brabham, Lotus and Honda, plus the '66 McLaren thrown in for good measure) with some good classic road courses to race them on.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 15:16 (Ref:3594490)   #20
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's Matt Wood's in depth review http://nasportscar.com/sim-review-forza-6/