Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Jan 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3496051)   #1
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Molebaracerson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moleba alfa romeo 1.6

Hello
I've been looking for a car my Dad drove in 1968, in Canada. The car was campaigned in the FB class and was in a bad crash the weekend of the Canadian grand prix.
Anybody with any information regarding the whereabouts of this car today would be very much appreciated.

My father's name. Andre Leclaire

I am his oldest son Jody Leclaire

Thanks
Old 25 Jan 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3497081)   #2
Molebaracerson
Rookie

I've been told that this car was seen at Monza in the mid 2000's. It was not racing but only from what I understand; demonstrating"

If this helps anybody!

Thanks
Jody Leclaire
Old 27 Jan 2015, 19:34 (Ref:3498062)   #3
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Update

Hello Again

The chassis of this car was a BWA monocoque with a 1000 cc fiat motor, that in Canada was converted to a 1.6 alfa romeo to run in FB

The moleba name is the team name only. " Ecurie Moleba" the team was based in Mercier Quebec, just outside of Montreal.

Hope this information helps with our search

Jody Leclaire
Old 28 Jan 2015, 12:18 (Ref:3498247)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jody,

I hope that you get a reply but you'll probably have to be patient. If nothing forthcoming after a while, I'll move it to The History forum or even Chassis archives. They maybe better places for this thread if the car is not currently being raced.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 31 Jan 2015, 00:22 (Ref:3499321)   #5
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Thanks John for your feedback, can I post photographs, I have pictures from the 1968 season here in Eastern Canada, that might help I would think.
Old 1 Feb 2015, 15:57 (Ref:3499745)   #6
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please post some photos!
Marcus
Old 4 Feb 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3500664)   #7
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Marcus

We have a mutual friend, Mr. Doug Mockett, he is the owner of the WR6 walter wolf F1 car that Jody Schecter drove to a second place finish at the inaugural Grand prix at the now today Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, I have neat little story about that car at that race.
On another note, it seems my Dad is not sure the 68 BWA was restored/ rebuilt, you mention a Real Desrosiers driving a staguielini in 69 with an Alfa romeo motor. By any stretch do you remember if the Moleba you saw was 212 no# or 80# as you said in your thread, Real's number in 69.

Thanks
Jody
Old 4 Feb 2015, 10:42 (Ref:3500783)   #8
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was not me posting about Desrosiers, I left Canada in 1969. The only Alfa Romeo engined car I remember was the Conrero FB. Charlie Laugesen was the driver.
Old 5 Feb 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3501150)   #9
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Excuse me Marcus
I just checked, it was a Mark Lindsay who posted the info about Real.
Could you email me again, I would like to save your email in my contacts. I'll send you some photos.

Thanks
Jody
Old 10 Mar 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3513696)   #10
Molebaracerson
Rookie

Hi Marcus

I heard from Mike Falloon yesterday, he told the car was seen at Mugello in 2014, looks like he has a contact that might know the owner. It seems were getting closer
He even posted the picture I sent him on the facebook page 1000cc historic formula 3, very cool.

Thanks again

Jody
Old 11 Mar 2015, 11:43 (Ref:3514071)   #11
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molebaracerson View Post
Hi Marcus

I heard from Mike Falloon yesterday, he told the car was seen at Mugello in 2014, looks like he has a contact that might know the owner. It seems were getting closer
He even posted the picture I sent him on the facebook page 1000cc historic formula 3, very cool.

Thanks again

Jody
Good news - old race cars never die!
Marcus
Old 16 Mar 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3515711)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molebaracerson View Post
Thanks John for your feedback, can I post photographs, I have pictures from the 1968 season here in Eastern Canada, that might help I would think.
Sorry, I missed this. Yes, please post pics, if you wish.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 11 Jun 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3648947)   #13
IvanL
Rookie

IvanL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking for the Owner of the Moleba Team.
Apparently same as the snowmobile company.
Doing research on an Iso Grifo whose papers lists Mr. Moleba as original owner.
Car is owned and restored now by my friend Adam in Budapest.
The Company itself is no longer active. Anybody knows the whereabouts of
Mr. Moleba or his family ?
I am in White Rock, B. C., still racing #106 Austin Healey
Cheers
Ivan