Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Dec 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3698390)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Felicitations

A Very Happy Christmas and a Happy, Peaceful, Prosperous, and a Blessed New Year to all on the Historic Forum From Bauble.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3698397)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Back at you Bob, but who is this Felicity? Do I know her? In fact, do I want to know her? Kendal maybe? Still looking pretty good at 70!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Dec 2016, 10:10 (Ref:3698400)   #3
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you, and the same to you.

Looking forward to meeting you at the "ACE" on the 29th.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3698402)   #4
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Back at you Bob, but who is this Felicity? Do I know her? In fact, do I want to know her? Kendal maybe? Still looking pretty good at 70!
She was cracking in Genevieve, eh? John!

Prisoner 917. Be careful what you wish for.

PS; What a sad bunch we are with nothing better to do on Christmas Day than to wander around Ten/tenths.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3698406)   #5
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=bauble;3698402]She was cracking in Genevieve, eh? John!

That was Kay, as I'm sure you know. Felicity would have only been 8 or 9 when that film was made.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3698409)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci beaucoup pour vos "Félicitations" Monsieur Bauble.
All the best for you and yours for the coming year and of course for the Tenthers.
Gérard.
Old 25 Dec 2016, 11:57 (Ref:3698412)   #7
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
PS; What a sad bunch we are with nothing better to do on Christmas Day than to wander around Ten/tenths.
With the wife away in Australia for six weeks, my life is my own and I can do what I want. It,s windy, dry and bright up here on the Suffolk/Norfolk borders and I can work on the cars and flick through the computer babble and contemplate the true meaning of Christmas.

I,m also having a purge on the workshop and trying to make the pile of rubbish to the right of the building big enough to order in a midi skip next week.

Bliss !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
004.JPG  
Old 25 Dec 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3698414)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm on my own too, but nothing new there. Will be heading up pub for lunch shortly especially since Planet Rock are playing a load of wretched Christmas songs for some extraordinary reason.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 25 Dec 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3698415)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
The sooner this day is over the better . It's crap . I find it very hard to be nice to distance family . Grrrrrr. Roll on Spring and racinnnnnnng
Old 25 Dec 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3698433)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
The sooner this day is over the better . It's crap . I find it very hard to be nice to distance family . Grrrrrr. Roll on Spring and racinnnnnnng
Then you'll be complaining of too much to do and not enough time to do it! Happy humbug!

This is how I spent the morning up in N Norfolk, followed by picnic lunch. Just home after non Xmas supper in front of telly watching Dr Who. Altogether a very nice day! Hopefully decent bike ride tomorrow- weather looks reasonable. Happy Boxing Day....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 25 Dec 2016, 21:52 (Ref:3698436)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just back in after the usual excessive food consumption with Blanche's youngest son, his ladyfriend and umpteen of her rellatives. Only one (early) bust-up and relatively peaceful for the rest of the day.....watching her son's kids ripping paper off way too many presents, then being the consultant called in to find ways into ridiculously over-packaged toys....and assemble things labelled "easy to build"...........yeah, right!

Hope everyone had a good day and enjoys the rest of the holidays - and of course the Plum Pudding Races for those attending!
Old 26 Dec 2016, 06:37 (Ref:3698477)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well finally got my Christmas meal at pub served at about 4.00pm yesterday and was completely stuffed. Got home and watched some telly which was mostly abysmal. However, was impressed with Rowan Atkinson as Maigret in a rather dark murder mystery.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 08:35 (Ref:3698489)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Well finally got my Christmas meal at pub served at about 4.00pm yesterday and was completely stuffed. Got home and watched some telly which was mostly abysmal. However, was impressed with Rowan Atkinson as Maigret in a rather dark murder mystery.

Yes, RA impressed me with his performance as Maigret. Will be watching again as missed a bit!
Old 26 Dec 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3698493)   #14
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Then you'll be complaining of too much to do and not enough time to do it! Happy humbug!

This is how I spent the morning up in N Norfolk, followed by picnic lunch. Just home after non Xmas supper in front of telly watching Dr Who. Altogether a very nice day! Hopefully decent bike ride tomorrow- weather looks reasonable. Happy Boxing Day....
Lucky you Mike! Holkham?

Being on my own here I had thoughts of doing something similar - Quend Plage les Pins is very like Holkham - but weather was horrible, a misty drizzle all day, so it was a very boring day at home.

At least that's over for another year!
Old 26 Dec 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3698497)   #15
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Hope everyone had a good day and enjoys the rest of the holidays - and of course the Plum Pudding Races for those attending!
Thanks for that reminder, Lancs. It was 50 years ago today I did my first ever race - a handicap race at Croft in a Ford Anglia. I came last after a spin in absolutely foul conditions. I can remember there was a C Type Jag in the race. My brother had done the saloon race earlier in the day which was won by rally driver Tony Fall in a Mini Cooper.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3698498)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Lucky you Mike! Holkham?

Being on my own here I had thoughts of doing something similar - Quend Plage les Pins is very like Holkham - but weather was horrible, a misty drizzle all day, so it was a very boring day at home.

At least that's over for another year!
We usually go to Holkham but went to Wells this year. Similar with trees and dunes. Lucky we didn't have your weather, would have been Thetford forest instead! It was quite busy, not that you'd guess from the pic. Would you believe still have to pay for parking on Xmas day- £6 for 4 hrs! Just preparing for a bike ride- wind perishing cold.......