Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2996141)   #1201
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eddie Jordan now confirmed on the BBC for 2012. Result.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2996153)   #1202
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
That's my info as well. Two tweets straight off Twitter from a reliable source:

"Eddie Jordan is NOT part of the @SkySportsF1 team according to a report on RTE radio. Thank you Lord."

"Eddie Jordan will however be part of the BBC line up next year..."
Old 6 Dec 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2996166)   #1203
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Murdoch can now have a blank cheque from me as far as i'm concerned. ;p
Old 6 Dec 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2996168)   #1204
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent news, 20 EJ free weekends.

Last edited by brands; 6 Dec 2011 at 22:17.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2996179)   #1205
boyracer019
Rookie

boyracer019 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That's my info as well. Two tweets straight off Twitter from a reliable source:

"Eddie Jordan is NOT part of the @SkySportsF1 team according to a report on RTE radio. Thank you Lord."

"Eddie Jordan will however be part of the BBC line up next year..."

GPD?
Cut through the flim flam and Rob is usually spot on
Old 7 Dec 2011, 00:05 (Ref:2996208)   #1206
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Breaking news from Twitter that will require translation, although nothing unexpected: @MartinHaven @OfficiallyGT is in. she tweeted earlier about tomorrow being a "huge" day. she did A1GP for @SkySports

If you haven't worked it out, @OfficiallyGT is the Twitter name for Georgie Thompson.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2996215)   #1207
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyracer019 View Post
GPD?
Cut through the flim flam and Rob is usually spot on
Yes, GPD.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2996230)   #1208
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I know, I should go to bed, have some sleep and wake up to the official announcement in the morning, but first one last tweet from Will Buxton:

"At the last count I believe it was Lazenby, Thompson, Rider, Croft, Brundle, Kravitz, Davidson plus a few others... Mansell rumoured too."

If that's right then surely it has to be Ben Edwards at the BBC. Finally.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2996315)   #1209
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
I know, I should go to bed, have some sleep and wake up to the official announcement in the morning, but first one last tweet from Will Buxton:

"At the last count I believe it was Lazenby, Thompson, Rider, Croft, Brundle, Kravitz, Davidson plus a few others... Mansell rumoured too."

If that's right then surely it has to be Ben Edwards at the BBC. Finally.
I certainly hope so. At least the presenting team topic is one thing BBC viewers can smile about. Roll on 2012.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2996343)   #1210
henners88
Veteran

Wales
The Sky line up:
Quote:
In an eagerly-awaited announcement, the station has confirmed that the hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box for each of the 2012's races, with Brundle on air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box. The flexibility means that former F1 driver Anthony Davidsonwill be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...l-2012-F1-team
Old 7 Dec 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2996346)   #1211
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And here's more

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...e-up-explained
Old 7 Dec 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2996349)   #1212
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nice to see that Ted K is going their too!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2996350)   #1213
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Nice to see that Ted K is going their too!
Yeah I was quite chuffed to see that too.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2996369)   #1214
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, at least all the Sky viewers will be able to enjoy Georgie's take on the art of driving a performance car after a drink or three. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz...6908-23407408/

I would have thought this would have caused her visa problems? Maybe she's going to be studio based.

It appears, as usual, Mr. Murdoch has been generous with his offers of renumeration. Can't blame people for looking after No 1. It will be a culture shock for some though, he does like to extract full "value" from his employees....

Overall, I think the BBC has a real opportunity here to keep and grow it's already flourishing viewing figures. Nobody is indispensable.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2996410)   #1215
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see they're trying to spite the BBC by taking a wealth of their presenters (and probably making them more wealthy as well; I don't blame the team for moving). At least I imagine that's part of Sky's plan, other than the logical aspect of making it quicker and easier for the team to gel.

I remain to be convinced Sky will be for the more hardcore fan; for the more gossip-interested fan, I suspect. There's no need for such saturation of F1 programmes.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2996416)   #1216
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that the loss of Martin Brundle alone will make F1 on the BBC seem like something very different to what it used to be.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2996417)   #1217
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I remain to be convinced Sky will be for the more hardcore fan; for the more gossip-interested fan, I suspect.
I don't think the two channels really separate who is hardcore and who is not. I consider myself to be a hardcore fan who spends alot of my spare time watching and reading up about F1 yet I'll be watching on the BBC. The slightly wealthier fans may be watching on Sky, but money doesn't buy you staus and passion..
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2996420)   #1218
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I think that the loss of Martin Brundle alone will make F1 on the BBC seem like something very different to what it used to be.
It'll feel different but I think people need to open their eyes if they think Brundle is the best British commentator going. He's good and we're used to him, but he's replaceable and I'm sure the BBC will find better.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 12:57 (Ref:2996439)   #1219
alan1302
Racer

England
Doncaster, UK
alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I remain to be convinced Sky will be for the more hardcore fan; for the more gossip-interested fan, I suspect. There's no need for such saturation of F1 programmes.
So because I can't afford to pay for Sky each month I'm only interested in gossip? Cheers!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2996447)   #1220
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
It'll feel different but I think people need to open their eyes if they think Brundle is the best British commentator going. He's good and we're used to him, but he's replaceable and I'm sure the BBC will find better.
Ben Edwards would be a more than adequate replacement as far as I'm concerned, but there might be one sticking point and that is that he commentates on TOCA for ITV. I have no idea what the terms of the contract are, but with 20 F1 races, there must be some clashes, so there would have to be some negotiation.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2996450)   #1221
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ben Edwards would be a more than adequate replacement as far as I'm concerned, but there might be one sticking point and that is that he commentates on TOCA for ITV. I have no idea what the terms of the contract are, but with 20 F1 races, there must be some clashes, so there would have to be some negotiation.
Wasn't the issue before that BBC wanted to tie Ben to them so he couldn't commentate for ITV?

And I thought Brundle and Crofty don't get on? I can almost imagine the same derision from Brundle that he reserved exclusively for Legard.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2996451)   #1222
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Good point Strider. Let's hope if possible there's a way around any contract problems.

Edwards on the BBC would blow the Sky package clean out of the water imho.
I hope it happens.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2996454)   #1223
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
I agree. I think the BBC got the balance exactly right and will presumably continue to do so. If you only wanted to watch qualifying and the race, you could, but if you also wanted to watch the free practice sessions and the post-race chat, you could do that, too, on the red button.

Wall-to-wall F1 for three days at every meeting isn't for me. There are other things in life!
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2996458)   #1224
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Wasn't the issue before that BBC wanted to tie Ben to them so he couldn't commentate for ITV?

And I thought Brundle and Crofty don't get on? I can almost imagine the same derision from Brundle that he reserved exclusively for Legard.
You may be right, but the point is that he can't do both 100%.

I've had a check and there are actually only five clashes next season, so it's not as bad as I thought. I'm hoping that the BBC and ITV will think that it's better to reach an agreement to repel the forces of Sky than let them have it all their own way.

My own view, without knowing, is that Crofty will talk too much for Brundle's liking, but if you read the Sky press releases Brundle is definitely leading the team, so I think he will get things adjusted to suit him.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 13:37 (Ref:2996459)   #1225
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
One person on the Sky list whose name hasn't attracted much attention yet is Natalie Pinkham, formerly of Radio 5 Live. If ever there was someone whose face was NOT made for radio it's her. She'll be in direct competition with Lee Mack, but I think she'll do a cracking job. You read it here first!
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky