Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 11 Dec 2013, 01:09 (Ref:3342534)   #1
JunScooby
Rookie

JunScooby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
United Sportscar race at Indy (formally Grand am)

I was looking at going for the full 4 days to the Brickyard weekend in Indy this summer. I mostly want to go because it is the closest sports car track to me since Mid Ohio was removed from the schedule. (And I am a closet NASCAR fan too.) Does anyone have any feedback on this weekend? I am specifically looking to know about fan access. I know that NASCAR does not allow garage access but is there a different paddock for the sports cars? Do they use the garages before NASCAR shows up? I am used to the access to garages and drivers offered at Mid Ohio and became nervous when I did not see paddock tickets for this weekend?

Also, any overall experiences, tips, etc from the Grand Am race or brickyard would be appreciated. I am a racing noob and have only been to Mid Ohio and a NASCAR race (at Pocono) years ago.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3342802)   #2
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've never been to Indy, but given that the weekend is shared with NASCAR, I'm guessing that paddock access would probably be limited. Here's some track maps, if that would help:

http://secure.brickyard.com/Tickets/SuperWeekend.aspx

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 11 Dec 2013 at 18:33.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3342838)   #3
JunScooby
Rookie

JunScooby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was my fear with NASCAR being there but I did stumble on a map from last year and it looked like the two Grand Am paddocks are separate from the NASCAR garages. I am not sure what that means for access but it is a positive sign. I understand that things may change with the new combined series and all but was trying to get as much info as possible. Our other option for a race would be Belle Isle in Detroit and the access for the Sports Cars may make or break the deal.