Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 30 Mar 2016, 10:33 (Ref:3628666)   #1
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
WEC / ELMS Silverstone - Who Went/Who's Going?

Booked accommodation for this a few weeks back and finally got finger out and booked weekend track tickets today, so pretty confidently can say I'm going to be heading towards Buckingham in April.

Planning on arriving Friday evening, might be good to see some familiar faces in the White Hart for an aperetif? In years gone by there's been a group who'll do a curry on the Saturday evening - any enthusiasm for that this time round?

Last edited by isynge; 30 Mar 2016 at 10:33. Reason: needless repetition removed.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3628789)   #2
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A. It's Northamptonshire, not Bucks
B. It's the White Horse, not the White Hart
C. New Owners unlikely to offer Curry
D. I am very definitely up for meeting you for a beer on the Friday night. ( it's a 5 min stagger home !!!! )
Old 30 Mar 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3628811)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will be there friday as usual staying in the travel lodge Buckingham (the town not the county) up for curry as usual, Kevin will be with me again this year.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3628816)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
just checked the pub we use in buckingham is the white hart and the curry place just around the corner is still open, where is the white horse, buckingham is about 6 minutes from the circuit the other side of stowe park
Old 30 Mar 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3628841)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
just checked the pub we use in buckingham is the white hart and the curry place just around the corner is still open, where is the white horse, buckingham is about 6 minutes from the circuit the other side of stowe park
Pleased the White Animal in Buckingham is still open - for reference, it's this place I'm talking about.

Be great to see you LC2Guy - although I'm guessing as we may have been talking about different places it might be slightly more than a 5 minutes stumble?
Old 30 Mar 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3628861)   #6
88racing
Rookie

United Kingdom
nr Milton Keynes, UK
88racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for the Saturday - particularly want to see the Carrera Cup round and ELMS.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3628870)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=LC2guy;3628789]A. It's Northamptonshire, not Bucks

It's both. I think the boundary is around about the Loop/Beckets.

Wouldn't miss it for the world, best meeting of the year every year. I shall be waving flags as usual, unless I'm dragged onto a an extrication team.
Old 30 Mar 2016, 23:33 (Ref:3628894)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sad to sit this one out, as I won't be in the UK - I think the last time I missed the big ACO sports car race at Silverstone was 2007.

Going to do the 24 hours this weekend instead I reckon.

Have fun though, guys and girls - I think you're in for a cracking race. Hope I can find a way to watch it.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 07:43 (Ref:3628941)   #9
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Be great to see you LC2Guy - although I'm guessing as we may have been talking about different places it might be slightly more than a 5 minutes stumble?
Oooops, yes, my bad, I was thinking white horse in Silverstone village ( my home ) which is in Northants, That'll teach me to type after being on the beer all afternoon watching the T20 semi !!!!!
Old 31 Mar 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3628943)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be present at Silverstone in a couple of week's time thanks to a Christmas present from my daughter. However I will only be there on the Sunday. I am really looking forward to it as it's the first time since 2012 I have been to the WEC meeting.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3628945)   #11
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nearly had to give up hope, my wife is away and her parents who would generally have our daughter for the day are away too. Fortunately my sister can have Phoebe so Harry and I will be there on the Sunday. Are we meeting up on Sunday morning again this time?

Sean
Old 31 Mar 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3628985)   #12
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
British GT clash, Brands is my local so it's silly not to go.

Friday is my only option, but Saturday would have been nice to do too.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 12:12 (Ref:3629013)   #13
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up for this one ..............

All three days planned for the first time - driving in every day as I only live 20 miles away.

Looking forward to this year - thought that the second and third hour last year provided some of the best racing I have seen in many, many years!

Probably can't make an evening bash as am likely to have my good lady in tow but please post on here if a meeting is happening and I will try to make myself known.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3629116)   #14
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All three days for me as well. Ticket already delivered complete with pit walk pass for the Sunday
Old 31 Mar 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3629125)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i am sure we will have the usual sunday meet up in the grandstand same as the last 3 years
Old 31 Mar 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3629139)   #16
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All three days for me for one of the best meetings of the year.

Sadly can't go to any of the evening events as Buckingham is a trek from Northampton but sure will see familiar faces during the weekend and meet new ones at the Sunday meet.

Also people it's Silverstone, so you should be prepared for wind and rain and I so I don't want to see any posts about people being surprised at the weather over the weekend

*gets off soapbox*
Old 31 Mar 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3629152)   #17
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Also people it's Silverstone, so you should be prepared for wind and rain and I so I don't want to see any posts about people being surprised at the weather over the weekend
Let's be fair, Giba - I'm a Northants boy born and bred, but every single time I've ever been to Silverstone, I've always been one layer short, no matter how much I try to over-compensate.

Even the Michelin man has goosebumps on the grid at Silverstone.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3629222)   #18
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It could have been the Michelin man, but could also have been someone who had 17 layers on and still wasn't warm enough!

Won't stop me being there on both Saturday and Sunday though.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3629228)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i still remember those poor grid girls from a couple of years ago hypothermia was on the cards
Old 1 Apr 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3629279)   #20
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You don't want to mention grid girls in this context
Old 2 Apr 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3629592)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Was talking to someone at brands today and he said that ford and giving a discount for silverstone tickets, he said they had a code you use to get 25% discount, unfortunately i have already got mine but worth investigating if you have not got yours yet
Old 2 Apr 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3629617)   #22
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Was talking to someone at brands today and he said that ford and giving a discount for silverstone tickets, he said they had a code you use to get 25% discount, unfortunately i have already got mine but worth investigating if you have not got yours yet
If that's the case worth doing. Not begrudging the price of Silverstone but knocking 25% off may well make it that bit more appealing.

Now if we can just sort weather like it was today I suspect we'll be very pleased indeed.
Old 2 Apr 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3629628)   #23
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well it started very nice at brands today but towards the end of the qualy for the btcc race it started to rain, had to run back to the car to put the roof up.
And it looks like Helen will be at silverstone saturday and sunday
Old 4 Apr 2016, 09:41 (Ref:3630152)   #24
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Let's be fair, Giba - I'm a Northants boy born and bred, but every single time I've ever been to Silverstone, I've always been one layer short, no matter how much I try to over-compensate.

Good point, I just hope the main topic of conversation on the Sunday evening is the race itself

On a slightly different note, went to the cinema at the weekend in Northampton and before the movie there was an advert for the WEC event. It's good to see a bit more publicity for the event and targeted to the general public as well.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 10:07 (Ref:3630160)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As mentioned before Ford have a discount code for all of those who have not bought a ticket yet
WEC2016ford

should give you a 15% discount