Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the Pirtek Enduro Cup?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 0 0%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 6.90%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 7 24.14%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 0 0%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 3.45%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 1 3.45%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 7 24.14%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 6 20.69%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus HOLDEN 0 0%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3757147)   #176
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=one five five;3757141]Surely if your car understeers, you are ultimately at fault for the car doing so (excluding mechanical failure, or a hit up the backside)

Its not your fault if the car isn't set right, if you don't have a car that's good on turn in how can you stop it. That's the most ridiculous comment I have seen for a while though regarding set ups, you cant be blamed for a bad set on the car.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3757150)   #177
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=mceci1;3757147]
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Surely if your car understeers, you are ultimately at fault for the car doing so (excluding mechanical failure, or a hit up the backside)

Its not your fault if the car isn't set right, if you don't have a car that's good on turn in how can you stop it. That's the most ridiculous comment I have seen for a while though regarding set ups, you cant be blamed for a bad set on the car.
Sorry little buddy, understeer is a result of pushing harder into a corner than your car is capable of, simple answer, back off slightly until the understeer tapers off, and you avoid hitting the car on your outside.

I'm afraid your comment has to classify as the most ridiculous comment rather than the one 155 is making.

I guess once you get your licence and actually drive a car at speed you may figure this out for yourself.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:15 (Ref:3757151)   #178
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh cmon! So he can hurtle into anyone and blame setup?!??
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3757153)   #179
Backagain
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Exactly, unfortunately, we have some posters who seem to have never driven a car let alone at speed on a circuit.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3757157)   #180
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Whats the deal here, I see a lot of hate to Caruso, yet SVG, Courtney, Percat, Coulthard, Moffat all take people out and its a matter of 'no its not there fault, they made an error so lets forgive them like that, doesn't matter the fact that they are all running in a title fight.

Yet Caruso, Bright, Frosty or Whincup do it and its, 'no their wrong, send them to the executioner they may have accidently did it but destroy them anyway'

I am not associated with NISMO but PRA and T8 (to be fair is asking for a war. I am mainly on the PRA side but know people in T8 too). The way people have made it look is like Caruso is the devil of V8s. It was an error but will understeer and the car settling its hard to control
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3757159)   #181
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
[QUOTE=Backagain;3757150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post

Sorry little buddy, understeer is a result of pushing harder into a corner than your car is capable of, simple answer, back off slightly until the understeer tapers off, and you avoid hitting the car on your outside.

I'm afraid your comment has to classify as the most ridiculous comment rather than the one 155 is making.

I guess once you get your licence and actually drive a car at speed you may figure this out for yourself.
I've got my license and have an EL falcon as a circuit car. Turning through there is a challenge in its self. A little understeer in a pack like they were in is a challenge. Lifting off in a battle pack can be the difference between being drilled or not. In saying that I know of cars I race having understeer with no throttle input at that corner
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3757161)   #182
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You should stick to sims.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3757163)   #183
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You should stick to sims.
Why waste time on a computer when you have real racing
Old 3 Aug 2017, 09:09 (Ref:3757167)   #184
Backagain
Racer

[QUOTE=mceci1;3757159]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post

I've got my license and have an EL falcon as a circuit car. Turning through there is a challenge in its self. A little understeer in a pack like they were in is a challenge. Lifting off in a battle pack can be the difference between being drilled or not. In saying that I know of cars I race having understeer with no throttle input at that corner
Mate, give it up, none of that made any sense whatsoever. Understeer with no throttle input, maybe they shouldn't have approached the corner at Mach 3.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 09:36 (Ref:3757171)   #185
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
anyway 2017 Pirtek Enduro cup thread

Penrite unveils Erebus retro concept livery

however
Quote:
A series of livery concepts are set to be produced in the lead up to Sandown although the Bartlett paint job is not expected to be utilised by the team’s #9 entry for David Reynolds.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3757173)   #186
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
[QUOTE=Backagain;3757167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post

Mate, give it up, none of that made any sense whatsoever. Understeer with no throttle input, maybe they shouldn't have approached the corner at Mach 3.
Hot tyres can also cause understeer
Old 3 Aug 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3757174)   #187
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
I will be ignoring a group of know it all hypocrites here and no heading onto what is relevant. Regardless of what some clowns say
Old 3 Aug 2017, 10:55 (Ref:3757179)   #188
T-star
Racer

The other day Caruso was innocent and JLB was the devil

Now you say Caruso made a mistake

Interesting
Old 3 Aug 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3757193)   #189
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The other day Caruso was innocent and JLB was the devil

Now you say Caruso made a mistake

Interesting
I mistyped, what I meant was Jack would be seen as not ready by Nissan after that. Caruso is the only reason Nissan is backing the Kelly's and not heading to GRM or elsewhere so best for Kelly's to keep him
Old 3 Aug 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3757198)   #190
T-star
Racer

Cmon

You've changed tact and telling fibs
Old 3 Aug 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3757269)   #191
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
With HANS devices and driving position in the centre now it is harder and harder to see someone who wants to dive bomb so drivers will close the door and end up spinning out. If you allow it like this you end up with 90s BTCC style crash up derby which was out of control.

Careful of the rose-coloured glasses!
I've seen a lot of dodgy stuff blamed on HANS devices, but I'm very doubtful. Strapped in hard with head restraints in the seat isn't new, and the HANS doesn't prevent you from turning your head enough to see the mirrors. They can certainly see well enough to block, so they can see to leave a space. (and as a Rescue crew member, I'm a big fan of HANS devices and the improvement in driver welfare they give.)

Your comment about BTCC in the 90s is valid. That's when I stopped doing BTCC meetings because they'd turned into a load of hooligans! When diving up the inside had an intent to make contact and spoiled it for all.

Sadly, the current thinking penalises those who try to race in favour of those who wish to block and whinge. A rule set and interpretation that gives the benefit of doubt to those who try would improve things immensely.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3758564)   #192
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Not long to Sandown, but who remembers this by Stenaway and Canto, A driver performances in the wet.

http://www.supercars.com/videos/cham...andown-charge/
Old 10 Aug 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3758588)   #193
T-star
Racer

I loved that drive. Want him full time in the series.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3758600)   #194
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I loved that drive. Want him full time in the series.
I couldn't believe it. Was one of the best drives from someone who had never raced a V8, awesome given how well he did in the wet
Old 11 Aug 2017, 03:51 (Ref:3758721)   #195
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime in AA this week, Mr Ingall seems to think he is a genuine shot at the 2nd seat in the Tekno car come the enduros.

Perhaps he knows something we don't?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Aug 2017, 04:17 (Ref:3758723)   #196
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd have to seriously consider him.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3758731)   #197
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime in AA this week, Mr Ingall seems to think he is a genuine shot at the 2nd seat in the Tekno car come the enduros.

Come on Russell, whats he been smoking
Old 11 Aug 2017, 06:18 (Ref:3758734)   #198
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There isn't a lot of love lost between Ingall and Will Davison is there?

If Webb doesn't wish to drive, Ingall was quick enough over the past two Enduro seasons.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 06:31 (Ref:3758736)   #199
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You'd have to seriously consider him.
The article suggests Fox is very keen to find Mr Ingall a seat, as it enhances their telecast of the events.

A commercially minded person might suggest that for a team without substantial success in achieving full car sponsorships during its existence, being showcased to the world for 3 of the biggest weekends in the category couldn't hurt on the '18 sponsor hunt..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 11 Aug 2017, 06:54 (Ref:3758742)   #200
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The article suggests Fox is very keen to find Mr Ingall a seat, as it enhances their telecast of the events.

A commercially minded person might suggest that for a team without substantial success in achieving full car sponsorships during its existence, being showcased to the world for 3 of the biggest weekends in the category couldn't hurt on the '18 sponsor hunt..
A second car, and MSR are looking to join the series next year, as is MWM. Most likely MWM will keep their Nissans, therefore a threat to LDM's REC. Could we see a Tekno/MSR pairing next year and have a fourth, or fifth essential Triple 8 team. The three main Triple 8 cars, Tekno, Team 18 and MSR