Other 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:42 (Ref:2772604)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
To make this thread a bit more interesting and involve a bit of debate, how about showing the names of who voted for whom?
If you click on the number of votes for any driver the information you're after is revealed.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2772614)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aha. Thanks strider.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2772638)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Got to be Vettel, superb form all day, but unfortunately too late for his title it seems.

Hats off to Kobayashi though, some superb opportunist moves. Once it worked for him once it seems he knew he could keep doing it!!

A few fun overtakes down the field aren't enough to give him DOR as much as I prefer attacking drivers to 'Sunday drivers'
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:10 (Ref:2772639)   #29
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Kobayashi for showing some spirit.....wonder how he'd have done if pitted earlier?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2772650)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
Kobayashi, no contest!
<<< That.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2772655)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would give to Koby, but I gave it to Vettel for levelling the things with that person and staying in the fight.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2772659)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Got to be Vettel, superb form all day, but unfortunately too late for his title it seems.
Hmm...definitely not too late. He is 14 points behind. Red Bull have the fastest car. If he wins the next two races which with the kind of pace RB have is a possibility then regardless of what Webber does Vettel will lead on race wins. Ofcourse that is fairly simplistic way of looking at it. For the moment though Webber seems to be eeking out the results he needs.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2772665)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Kobayashi, without a doubt.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2772673)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kobayashi - by light years. He actually raced, the others just drove round, and round, and round.........

Edit - I just thought I'd look at who voted for whom (just to see who it was who voted for T(PO)GF) and I realised that I gave my vote to Heidfeld by mistake!!

Edit #2 - Looks like I wasn't the only one with finger-trouble - Algersuari? Kubica??????

Last edited by Aysedasi; 10 Oct 2010 at 16:23.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2772674)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Kobayashi only just beat his much less experienced (in this car) teammate, so in terms of the result it's not stand-out. So for me it has to be Vettel. Did what he had to do to win, and is in a much stronger position in the championship now as a result.

Isn't that what Vettel did? Only just beat his teammate?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2772697)   #36
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it was a tossup between Kobayashi and Vettel, I ultimately gave it to Kobayashi tho
Old 10 Oct 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2772707)   #37
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kobayashi for me, the first rather sloppy do or die move aside he was king of that hairpin and tbh he made it look effortless.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2772749)   #38
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I probably have to give to Kobayshi as well. Interesting place he chose to overtake. I don't think I have seen many overtakes there in the past. The usual overtaking places at Suzuka are at the end of the start/finish straight and before 130 R. His first overtake was a bit sloppy, but then he was super clinical at it! If his team had pitted him earlier he would have had a better race.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 02:00 (Ref:2772872)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Its got to be Kobabyashi-turned what could've been a boring race into something quite exciting.

2 votes for Kubica? haha
Old 11 Oct 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2772942)   #40
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I think you're confusing 'racer' with something else. Maybe rally or hillclimb driver? The goal of circuit racing is to get in front of as many other people as possible, regardless of raw pace.
to finish first, first you have to finish
Old 11 Oct 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2773026)   #41
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildrop View Post
Kobayashi was awesome but I feel his aggression will catch him out soon, that car must be built like a tank
In fairness, I have no clue what Alguasuari was doing. Absolutely no idea.

To turn in to someone once is forgivable, but twice..?

Kobayashi for me, no doubt.

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2773027)   #42
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
To make this thread a bit more interesting and involve a bit of debate, how about showing the names of who voted for whom?

That way, we can see who voted for the unlikely suspects (like Webber for instance) and ask them why. Webber made a good recovery from a bad start, but driver of the race? Then we can debate it with that person. Someone has also voted for Kubica, which must be a joke (unless they are commenting on his weekend's performance as far as he got). Again, it would help provoke discussion if we knew who everyone has voted for.
Yeh I have a bit of a saying for this:

"I do understand that people are entitled to their opinions... But sometimes those opinions are just wrong"

I'd like to hear reasons given for these bizzare choices, too. There always seems to be a few people that just want to go against the grain, or vote for their countryman - both are equally sad given that this is a good forum.

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 10:21 (Ref:2773030)   #43
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Kobayashi only just beat his much less experienced (in this car) teammate, so in terms of the result it's not stand-out. So for me it has to be Vettel. Did what he had to do to win, and is in a much stronger position in the championship now as a result.
I don't think it was Kobayashi's fault that he had a ridiculous strategy.

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2773052)   #44
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Koby all the way! Just glad James Allen wasn't doing the commentary to ruin it.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2773066)   #45
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Kobayashi - purely for overtaking Alguersuari on both sides at the same corner
Old 11 Oct 2010, 12:49 (Ref:2773098)   #46
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has to be Kobayashi... and not for the first time this year he's dominated our DotR poll. A truely amazing drive yesterday. I'd love to see him in a top car.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2773109)   #47
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He drove a top car last year
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2773113)   #48
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was the Toyota really a top car? Trulli and Glock got some good results with it but it was hardly ever the outright best.
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2773114)   #49
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
That Toyota was a rollercoaster. It was terrific on some tracks but downright awful on others. I remember they were occupying the back of the grid in Monaco when I went to see it.

Selby
Old 11 Oct 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2773116)   #50
Wims
Veteran

Norway
They had the best car on Bahrain for example. It was just that Trulli and Glock werent that talented. I always said that if Alonso had gone to Toyota he would have won multiple races with them