Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3045044)   #1926
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The beeb cover anything better than any other channel. Consistently.
Nothing has changed since I left then in that regard..
Old 20 Mar 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3045171)   #1927
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richyy View Post
BUT what an awesome season lies ahead !!!
Oh yes, plenty of lies ahead!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3045215)   #1928
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Oh yes, plenty of lies ahead!
Put that man on the stage...
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3045221)   #1929
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quickly, it leaves in 5 minutes!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3045227)   #1930
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Quickly, it leaves in 5 minutes!
Stagecoach? Sorry, I'm a bit young to remember that term
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3045234)   #1931
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Stagecoach? Sorry, I'm a bit young to remember that term
Hmm, Your post suggests different.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3045235)   #1932
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You must be joking! All Ben Edwards did was scream and tell me what I could see with my own eyes.

The rest of the Beeb team were pretty good although Anderson needs to be a bit more mic friendly. But really Edwards was like Allen on speed. I dunno where he got his rep from but he needs to go back there.
If a commentator doesn't tell you what you can see with your own eyes, what else can he do?

I think he was ok when he settled after the start of the race. It seemed a bit forced and not very natural, certainly at the start. He had a different tone of voice to what I have been used to with ITV and the BTCC. When he relaxed a bit it was better. There were a few times when he and DC were talking over each other, but they certainly made a better impression than Legard and Brundle at the start of 2009 (and up until the end of 2010 to be honest).
Old 20 Mar 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3045238)   #1933
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
If a commentator doesn't tell you what you can see with your own eyes, what else can he do?
He's supposed to give an insight into what's happening, not just relay what the cameras are showing. Sorry ther bloke is just very poor IMO.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 12:32 (Ref:3045293)   #1934
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I must admit I've never got the deification of Ben, but maybe that's because his greatness has been extolled so much, it builds up the hype too much. I know Knowlesy rates him so highly and Adam rates him too. I found him fine, but then commentators can be auditory wallpaper sometimes, not in a bad way.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 13:54 (Ref:3045367)   #1935
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
My affection for Ben Edwards is that I grew up listening to his commentary. Mark Cole as well. I'm completely and utterly biased towards these commentators so much so that they may actually be disastrous commentators - I just wouldn't be able to tell.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3045410)   #1936
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
It was live on Sultanta
Which commentary did you get?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3045414)   #1937
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Which commentary did you get?
Setanta carry the BBC live commentary (well it was when I flicked over to it.)
Old 20 Mar 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3045417)   #1938
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Setanta carry the BBC live commentary (well it was when I flicked over to it.)
Ok, thanks.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3045460)   #1939
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I wouldn't trust Jonathan Liew after his appalling hatchet-job on Stan Collymore the other week.
I wouldn't trust him generally to be honest.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3045462)   #1940
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
My affection for Ben Edwards is that I grew up listening to his commentary.
I'm the same with Ben.

There will be people here writing him off who did not watch CART when he and Jeremy Shaw were on and I feel desperately sorry for them because, not only have they missed the greatest racing ever witnessed on earth, but they have also missed the finest commentary pairing as well.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3045466)   #1941
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
see, i did too, and i remember him being fantastic too. but i think we've been spoilt by having two experts last year. it was more like sitting watching the race in the pub with a couple of really sad know it all mates who could tell you exactly what the implications of what was happening was.

that and the f1 forum on the red button afterwards meant you genuinely knew the race inside out, and in a sport with so much non-wheel to wheel combat going on that's really saying something.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3045471)   #1942
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

There will be people here writing him off who did not watch CART when he and Jeremy Shaw were on and I feel desperately sorry for them because, not only have they missed the greatest racing ever witnessed on earth, but they have also missed the finest commentary pairing as well.
I would agree with that. Not only was the commentary very good, but the racing, in what was essentially a spec series, was also 'out-of-this-world' at times.

I hope that the Indycar series gets back to something as good as that.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 17:37 (Ref:3045481)   #1943
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He's supposed to give an insight into what's happening, not just relay what the cameras are showing. Sorry ther bloke is just very poor IMO.
Surely that is DC's role?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3045505)   #1944
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd chuck out any one of the current F1 commentators if it made room for Jeremy Shaw. That man is to motorsport commentary what Mr. Spock is to science. He's the final word in the box.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3045523)   #1945
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Surely that is DC's role?
Ok, then one of them should do it, not both of them fail to do it.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3045531)   #1946
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So nervous are the Sky F1 top brass of upsetting Bernie they pressurised the supposedly "independent" Sky News to pull a story......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...nce?CMP=twt_fd

It's the thin end of the wedge imho...thank God Murdoch didn't take over all of BSB.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3045545)   #1947
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
So nervous are the Sky F1 top brass of upsetting Bernie they pressurised the supposedly "independent" Sky News to pull a story......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...nce?CMP=twt_fd

It's the thin end of the wedge imho...thank God Murdoch didn't take over all of BSB.
Also in that article it mentions the viewing figures are down 75% over last year, I wonder how the beeb did in terms of viewers for Sundays's race?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3045549)   #1948
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Also in that article it mentions the viewing figures are down 75% over last year, I wonder how the beeb did in terms of viewers for Sundays's race?
I read 3.3 million or something for the afternoon 2 hour show?
Old 20 Mar 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3045557)   #1949
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I read 3.3 million or something for the afternoon 2 hour show?
Thank you so that means that overall viewership is similar to last year with the BBC getting over 85% of the viewers.
but then there are statistics and d....d lies !!
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3045657)   #1950
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can I find which races BBC will cover?

Tags
outrage, sky