Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:11 (Ref:2972275)   #26
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest in peace Dan Wheldon. Thanks for the memories.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2972279)   #27
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How tragic that this was to happen to Dan, one of the most experienced and successful drivers in the field, amongst the wild card rookies on a track that should not have been raced on for fears of surface condition. How tragic that it happened to a driver who was helping develop a new safer car which would have prevented such an accident.

But most of all, how absolutely tragic that it happened to a young husband and father of a young family.

From this day, any time I hear Amazing Grace on the bagpipes, I'll think of that five lap salute to Dan, i'll think of all the lives he touched, both in Indycar and outside Indycar, of those he met and those he didn't meet, and i'll think, most of all, of his two sons, who are not even old enough to remember their hero of a father, Dan.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2972280)   #28
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just devastated. One of my favourite drivers...just gone...... My thoughts go out to his wife & children on this terrible day

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:35 (Ref:2972289)   #29
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Just terrible

A very dark day in motorsport.

nothing else to add....totally shocked by it

Rest In Peace Dan....my thoughts are with your family and loved ones
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2972294)   #30
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tragic and shocking, I remember when Dan first raced for Panther in one of the Pennzoil cars and have followed his career ever since. A fantastic driver who I felt was very underrated, and was ALWAYS a factor at Indianapolis and fast, especially on the ovals. Will be missed, and Im still in shock, to think just months after winning one of the biggest races in the world this would happen...

RIP Dan.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:55 (Ref:2972303)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So tragic.

My thoughts are with your family.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2972305)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A very sad day indeed....
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2972311)   #33
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A fine man and a great ambassador for alzheimers as well.

I feel for his family and friends terribly.

http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story...heimers-060711

Farewell Dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2972313)   #34
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always a sad day when a driver loses his life doing what he chooses to do. Condolences to his family and friends. Thankfully a much more rare occurrence than when I started following this sport many decades ago.
Dan Wheldon RIP
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2972316)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still in shock...my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, team and friends.

RIP Dan. You will be missed.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2972319)   #36
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Dan, a great champion.

My condolences to family and friends.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2972320)   #37
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP Dan. Another life taken too soon by the sport we all love.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 00:25 (Ref:2972321)   #38
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebrown View Post
. I bet he would trade that title to race against Dan again. RIP
I am sure that he would. Times like this make people realize fame, titles and money are worth a hill of beans in comparison.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2972380)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in shock... RIP Dan.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 02:50 (Ref:2972386)   #40
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Raising a glass tonight to Dan's memory, my deepest sympathies to his wife and children.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 03:01 (Ref:2972391)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 17 Oct 2011, 05:44 (Ref:2972433)   #42
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad news. RIP Dan Wheldon, my thoughts are with his family and friends as well as all those involved in the incident and in his care.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 06:13 (Ref:2972436)   #43
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 06:43 (Ref:2972440)   #44
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Dan a great loss to motorsport! my thought are with the Wheldon family.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2972441)   #45
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds a horrific crash. Rest in peace Dan and my thoughts are with his loved ones.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:07 (Ref:2972452)   #46
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
RiP Dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2972454)   #47
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember watching a video a few years ago of him talking about his life in the USA, and he seemed an enthusiastic lad, full of smiles and enjoying the good life that his talent had allowed him to take.

Feel rather deflated this morning.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:20 (Ref:2972458)   #48
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Devastated

I first met Dan in a gravel trap at Shell corner at Oulton Park. He was driving a Formula Ford in qualifying and had found the limit. We managed to push him out and he got going again. He thanked us on his slow down lap and the next day he won the race. When I chatted to him in the paddock later that day he thanked us profusely. I'll never forget that.

A great talent and a nice guy.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2972465)   #49
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dreadful, dreadful news. Heartfelt sympathies, particularly to his wife and children, but also to all his relatives and friends.

RIP, Dan
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2972466)   #50
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan pictured by me at the Goodwood FOS on July 1st this year where I had a brief chat with him about his early days racing Formula Ford in the UK for Jim Lee in Batley. This reminds me how incredibly cruel the sport can be.

By giraffe138 at 2011-10-17

By giraffe138 at 2011-10-17