Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Jan 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3192332)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Fan vote for NASCAR Sprint Unlimited race format

Quote:
NASCAR is allowing fans to decide several aspects of the format of its non-championship Sprint Unlimited season-opener.

Formerly known as the Shootout, the event takes place at Daytona a week prior to the track's 500-mile race, round one of the Sprint Cup calendar.

The 75-lap race will be broken down into three segments, with fans choosing between four options for how the laps should be divided up.

The vote will also decide whether teams can make a pitstop after segment one, and if so whether it is for two or four tyres, and how many drivers are eliminated after the second segment.

Voting takes place via NASCAR's website and its mobile app. The pitstop and elimination votes only close once the race is underway, meaning teams will not know the exact format of the event as they take the green flag.

Source: autosport.com

You can vote here: http://www.nascar.com/sprintunlimited
Old 21 Jan 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3192335)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
My votes:

Race format: 40/20/15
Pit stop: No pit stop
Elimination: none

And the most important question :
Which fire suit: Design 1
Old 21 Jan 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3192407)   #3
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
You've got to be kidding me.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3192500)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why don't they invert the field anymore and where's body paint fire suit choice?
Old 22 Jan 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3192765)   #5
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hate the idea of segments, but I guess it's no different from a normal NASCAR race where there's a late-race caution and we get a "shootout." There's no point in watching anything but whatever the final segment is, so I voted for the one with a 20-lap final since it was the longest.

Pit stop? No opinion. It makes no difference on the repaved Daytona.

Eliminations? I voted to get six cars out of there. Fewer cars mean fewer wrecks, and if they can run the entire final segment green, it will be more exciting for me. I hate crashes and I hate cautions.

Uniform? Meh.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3192955)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh brother, I thought this was for the all star race! Shows how much I pay attention.

Yeah, I never saw anything wrong with running a straight up race for the Busch Clash/Bud Shootout, but NASCAR's MO has always been if it ain't broke, we'll fix it anyways.

Sprint unlimited? Even the name is lame, but its the first race of the season and under the lights on the high banks. I'll be watching.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 01:47 (Ref:3192977)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One race. 20 laps.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3192980)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
One race. 20 laps.
Yep.
Old 23 Jan 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3192983)   #9
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Oh brother, I thought this was for the all star race! Shows how much I pay attention.

Yeah, I never saw anything wrong with running a straight up race for the Busch Clash/Bud Shootout, but NASCAR's MO has always been if it ain't broke, we'll fix it anyways.

Sprint unlimited? Even the name is lame, but its the first race of the season and under the lights on the high banks. I'll be watching.
Agreed. Do what you like with the All Star race but leave the Shoot-Out alone.

This is the problem with the off-season. These guys have time to think. And when they think; that means trouble.
Old 25 Jan 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3194105)   #10
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets just have a forty-lapper and call it the Contractual Obligation 100, since this is obviously a Sprint induced gimmick.

As far as the All-Star goes, I bet NASCAR are secretly pretty p****d that Joonyer finally got a win under his belt. They'll actually have to run a proper 'fans pick' now.