Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Feb 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3365289)   #76
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Yes, the Seattle at event is at Dirtfish Rally School in Snoqaulmie.
Its back there again? Thats great news; thats been my fave GRC venue to date. Will they be using the same layout?
Old 7 Feb 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3365330)   #77
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I was wondering about the energy drink wars. Ken Block would keep running with Monster Energy. Tanner Foust and Bucky Lasek will keep with Rockstar.

Now, with Dodge apparently out of the championship, who will run Red Bull cars? Patrik Sandell (Ford), Rhys Millen (Hyundai), Sverre Isachsen (Subaru)?
Old 7 Feb 2014, 17:33 (Ref:3365358)   #78
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I was wondering about the energy drink wars. Ken Block would keep running with Monster Energy. Tanner Foust and Bucky Lasek will keep with Rockstar.

Now, with Dodge apparently out of the championship, who will run Red Bull cars? Patrik Sandell (Ford), Rhys Millen (Hyundai), Sverre Isachsen (Subaru)?
In the past Millen had Red Bull backing.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3365429)   #79
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, the Seattle at event is at Dirtfish Rally School in Snoqaulmie.

Have very happy memories of that place. AE convinced he could win on 3 wheels but some great two-wheel drive races and commentating with Brad J on a scaffold that I was sure was trying to kill me. Oh and driving through the warehouse in a rally school Impreza and almost wiping out at the end while being filmed for an ESPN piece.

Ah happy days!

Mark
Does anyone know if there's video of this track? I don't think I've seen it and it sounds fab.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3365448)   #80
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Google says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6lLNN_qA4Q
Old 7 Feb 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3365452)   #81
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have the official program for Round 2, but I've never bothered trying to put it on You Tube as I'm assuming it would be pulled pretty quickly if I did.

Best videos I can find on You Tube of the A Final:

http://youtu.be/S6zduICiS8E
Old 7 Feb 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3365473)   #82
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I have the official program for Round 2, but I've never bothered trying to put it on You Tube as I'm assuming it would be pulled pretty quickly if I did.

Best videos I can find on You Tube of the A Final:

http://youtu.be/S6zduICiS8E
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallycrossnl View Post
Thank you! This is the same track? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7UWr-X88Y

They're racing through a building. My God, I love this sport.
Old 7 Feb 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3365509)   #83
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Pretty interesting interview with Tanner Foust:

http://www.bybillwood.com/tanner-fou...tti-autosport/

Discusses the move from Ford, the build of the new cars and World Rallycross.
Old 8 Feb 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3365533)   #84
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
So Tanner's banking on four or five ERC events in the Polo. I'm glad to hear that. I wonder if Scott Speed gets to play in ERC? I also thought it was interesting that the cars were being build in Germany.

Last edited by Distracted; 8 Feb 2014 at 00:42.
Old 11 Feb 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3367135)   #85
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
I thought people might find this interesting: http://rallycross360.com/driver-cheat-sheet/
Old 12 Feb 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3367150)   #86
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
I thought people might find this interesting: http://rallycross360.com/driver-cheat-sheet/
Cool! Thanks! VW bugs starting to grow on me.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 10:51 (Ref:3367291)   #87
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Possibly a silly suggestion, but as the GRC is now a Red Bull backed series will that affect the participation of Monster backed drivers?

Both Block and Doran seem to be slow to announce their plans with regards to the GRC?
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3367344)   #88
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The title sponsor shouldn't impact car sponsorship. If anything there is an opportunity to have Red Bull pay for your Monster backed driver to get all the credit......

Remember apart from Red Bull none of the brands do above the line sponsorship so for visibility motorsport is a key channel to promote product.

My guess is that Doran will be too busy this year to do anything but an odd GRC event and now the WRX is evidently the place to be in terms of profile and promotion maybe the GRC has served its purpose for Liam?

Re Ken, I am trying to piece the conversations together but he reduced his Rally America schedule to focus on his Hoonigan shows and I believe GRC. After the last few years I think Lucy wants him to be home a little more! Could be wrong on that but also his team have posted the rallycross car on Facebook a couple of times being prepped.

Now the more fun stuff would be how do we convince him to bring the ex-Hopkins RS200 over to the UK to run in some retro events against Pat in Rosie??

Mark
Old 12 Feb 2014, 13:39 (Ref:3367357)   #89
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's plenty of non-Red Bull riders at the Red Bull X-Fighters, so I guess that Red Bull is fine with having competitors.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3367399)   #90
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
The title sponsor shouldn't impact car sponsorship. If anything there is an opportunity to have Red Bull pay for your Monster backed driver to get all the credit......
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
There's plenty of non-Red Bull riders at the Red Bull X-Fighters, so I guess that Red Bull is fine with having competitors.
Yeah, fair point(s). The thought had crossed my mind as both brands are backing rival(ish) Championships.

Quote:
Re Ken, I am trying to piece the conversations together but he reduced his Rally America schedule to focus on his Hoonigan shows and I believe GRC.
I read the article on the Rally America website...

http://www.rally-america.com/news/en...-participation

...where it mentioned that he wouldn't be running the full Rally America Championship, but it was a bit vague on further details. I assume Gymkhana Grid is back again in 2014? Is there a chance Block will run any World Championship rounds, or does that seem unlikely?

Quote:
Now the more fun stuff would be how do we convince him to bring the ex-Hopkins RS200 over to the UK to run in some retro events against Pat in Rosie??
Now that is a good idea: the balls in your court to talk him into it...
Old 12 Feb 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3367541)   #91
USRallycross
Racer

United States
I promise that if I see Ken at an event I will mention it to him. I am not sure what state the car was in when he bought it from Trevor's widow but he is the sort of guy to air freight it over! Pat and Liam are better placed than me to convince him to do a brief vacation in England, bring the family, and run it at Lydden in August.

Stranger things.....

Mark
Old 13 Feb 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3367635)   #92
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I promise that if I see Ken at an event I will mention it to him. I am not sure what state the car was in when he bought it from Trevor's widow but he is the sort of guy to air freight it over! Pat and Liam are better placed than me to convince him to do a brief vacation in England, bring the family, and run it at Lydden in August.

Stranger things.....

Mark
When did Ken buy this?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3367639)   #93
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Me too, I never knew Ken boght Trevors RS200.

Thought it was broken up!
Old 13 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3367650)   #94
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
When did Ken buy this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Me too, I never knew Ken boght Trevors RS200.

Thought it was broken up!
The last time I can recall reading about it on Ten Tenths was in this thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=134327&page=2
(Post #19 onwards)

It has been mentioned on the RS200.org Facebook group a number of times and I'm sure someone mentioned about some issue whilst it was being worked on forcing a move.

I half expected that Block would use it for a Gymkhana film, but the trail seems to have gone cold in the US. Would be great to know where it is, what state its in and if its every likely to see the light of day.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3367689)   #95
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I read somewhere that Block has two RS200s...?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3367792)   #96
USRallycross
Racer

United States
I don't know if he has two although nothing would surprise me!

I do know that he has the ex-Haynes of Maidstone Ford RS200 and I always assumed that was Trevors as can't recall anyone else driving it. He would have bought it - or at least it came to the States - around the same time as we ran Marcus at Lydden.

Mark
Old 13 Feb 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3367869)   #97
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do remember Hoppys car in red and white and later in blue and white.
He run it with a 1.8 engine in at least 1987 and 1988 AFAIR, but later changed to a 2.1 Evo lump as well.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3367953)   #98
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that Hoppy had two RS200's
Old 13 Feb 2014, 18:10 (Ref:3368001)   #99
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Mark
Talking about Monster backed drivers.

Ricky Carmichael drove stock cars (NASCAR) for 4 or 5 year. He didn't have much success and in 2011 Monster Energy switched to Kyle Busch and Carmichaels NASCAR career came to an end.

On his website I see he's still sponsored by Monster. Another sponsor of him is Chevrolet. Wouldn't it be great to see him in a 2nd Chevrolet Sonic?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3368050)   #100
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Or Mini?