Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 21 Jan 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3494723)   #51
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I kept an eye on everything this weekend thanks to Race Monitor. I was/am surprised that there has been no chat about TRS from the weekend just gone. Some of our kiwis did reasonably well from what I can tell, and I would have thought there would have been some discussion about the new car....but there you go.

Does anyone (Nigel??) know when the TRS races will be screened? I am assuming it will be on Sky, but I can't find anything yet.

From a TLX perspective, Bargs Camry must have been a rocket compared to the other 4. There was around 4-5 seconds covering the TLX's for qually. Maybe those cars don't have the setup brains that Bargs and his crew has. Obliterated would be the word I would use. But I still think that getting into the 25's for qually is pretty good. I cant for the life of me find any qually times for ST as the new website does not seem to have a decent archive, but can anyone remember what the top ST time was at Ruapuna in times gone by?

Anyway, weather seemed to be very dry from the TRS clips on both Tv1 and Tv3 (yes, both news programs actually did a little bit on them ), so dust would not have been a nice thing to deal with.

So Puke, you reckon there was only a 1000 or so spectators there? If so that is disappointing because, all the V8 stuff to one side for a moment, the TRS is the top open wheeler class we have and I would have thought that alone would have bought out a few thou'

A question for the NZV8 fans on here. I saw the results from R3 and it looked like a TLX (Bargs) and then 2 TL's. So does that mean that the podium would represent that, or do they have a separate podium for both classes that race within the same race?

Also, maybe the mods should move this discussion into the NZV8 thread as this thread was about the older NZ Touring Cars, not the current NZV8TC.

Hope your all well and handling the heat....crikey its hot today
TRS is screening on Sky, I offered Toyota air time on CRC Motorsport but the Sky deal was organised some time ago. It's a shame because CRC Motorsport would deliver a far bigger audience... we would also help with promotion of the Series which might help the gate take.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:44 (Ref:3494861)   #52
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point Nigel and cheers for the information
Old 21 Jan 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3494870)   #53
The Realist
Racer

The Realist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
TRS is screening on Sky, I offered Toyota air time on CRC Motorsport but the Sky deal was organised some time ago. It's a shame because CRC Motorsport would deliver a far bigger audience... we would also help with promotion of the Series which might help the gate take.
Is there some TRS racing going on at the moment?
Couldn't even find any post race articles in the Christchurch Press.
Well Promoted?
Old 21 Jan 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3494876)   #54
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
Well Promoted?
You could tell nobody knew about it as nobody turned up to watch. That's a sure sign IMO
Old 21 Jan 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3494904)   #55
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
You could tell nobody knew about it as nobody turned up to watch. That's a sure sign IMO

Bill Brown's comments about how few spectators were at Ruapuna last weekend, is born out by a trusted Club official who took the time to phone me yesterday to tell me that there was less than 300 paying people on Sunday, as he was most concerned about the promotion for the V8ST round in March, because in his opinion if it was not promoted properly, it would be as equally disastrous.

As Nigel has said in his post TV3 would have done their bit to help promote the meeting, but unlike the V8ST meeting they are not broadcasting the TRS racing.

Who were the Lady Wigram TRS meting promotor's and who appointed them?
Old 21 Jan 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3494950)   #56
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Well Promoted?
Eric Thompson is doing his best on behalf of Toyota. His article headed "Motorsport: Russian the one to watch in Toyota Racing Series" was, I thought, going to be about Artem Markelov, Mitch Evans team-mate in GP2 last season. But no, nothing of the sort; it was largely a load of waffle about Kyvat from 2011.

Eric, it's 2015 for goodness sake!!!

What a waste of space, but you guys can form your own opinions if you want read it - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=11389067
Old 21 Jan 2015, 21:05 (Ref:3494954)   #57
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
on_to_it.. you're a bit hard on Eric lol the link you posted was no doubt just a 'colour piece'. Eric did do a up to date article on the weekends racing http://www.nzherald.co.nz/eric-thomp...ectid=11388313
Old 21 Jan 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3494978)   #58
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like his article. To the ill informed it outlines he importance of this type of series and likely has more people taking it more seriously.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3494998)   #59
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well Promoted?
Perhaps if you looked harder you might find some?

The Herald both ran articles in print and online form. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motorsport...ectid=11388516

Fairfax - http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/spo...-Wigram-winner

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/01/18/...wigram-trophy/

http://www.nzmotorracing.co.nz/strol...am-trophy.html

https://www.facebook.com/VelocityNew...type=3&theater

One News and 3 News both ran coverage I am told.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 00:29 (Ref:3495010)   #60
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
on_to_it.. you're a bit hard on Eric lol the link you posted was no doubt just a 'colour piece'. Eric did do a up to date article on the weekends racing http://www.nzherald.co.nz/eric-thomp...ectid=11388313
Each to their own PM. Why head a "history piece" with a title implying an observation of the current series? That's just silly in my opinion.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3495013)   #61
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Well Promoted?
20b found one..
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/spo...-Wigram-winner
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3495015)   #62
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^ thats cos 20b's in the know aye...
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3495016)   #63
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Who were the Lady Wigram TRS meting promotor's and who appointed them?
I reserve the right to be wrong but I was under the impression that the circuits are doing their own promotions. Should that be the case then the promoter? for the want of a better title, would have been an appointment by the Canterbury Car Club Inc. or their team at Ruapuna.

For sure I have read more pre event material from Teretonga than I did from Ruapuna.

Southland Sports Car Club utilise the services of Lindsay Beer and he does feed information out to a wide field of media outlets
Old 22 Jan 2015, 01:35 (Ref:3495019)   #64
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
I reserve the right to be wrong but I was under the impression that the circuits are doing their own promotions. Should that be the case then the promoter? for the want of a better title, would have been an appointment by the Canterbury Car Club Inc. or their team at Ruapuna.

For sure I have read more pre event material from Teretonga than I did from Ruapuna.

Southland Sports Car Club utilise the services of Lindsay Beer and he does feed information out to a wide field of media outlets
You will find that the Ruapuna event was "promoted" by a new to Motorsport company called 10seventy(?) and IMO Yes they did a dismal job of any promotion of the event, clearly evident by the poor crowd. I even spoke to a raft of motorsport competitors who were unaware the event was on until the last minute ultimately costing both gate revenue and competitor entries. From what I heard all the motorsport promotion during the week was about the Speedway next door & they had a bumper crowd on the Saturday night, with fields that were no bigger or better than what was at Ruapuna circuit. However to be fair it appears that as it way a 'dry hire' of the Ruapuna circuit, neither MSNZ nor CCC really assisted these guys with the promotion. IMO these events simply have to be a joint venture to work for everyone. Hell the new company couldn't even get competitor tickets posted out before the event!!!!

However, I believe the Teretonga round is a joint venture between Teretonga & whomever (10seventy?) and therefore Teretonga are working hard on the promotion of their round and deserve much more success.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 03:14 (Ref:3495025)   #65
The Realist
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
You will find that the Ruapuna event was "promoted" by a new to Motorsport company called 10seventy(?) and IMO Yes they did a dismal job of any promotion of the event, clearly evident by the poor crowd. I even spoke to a raft of motorsport competitors who were unaware the event was on until the last minute ultimately costing both gate revenue and competitor entries. From what I heard all the motorsport promotion during the week was about the Speedway next door & they had a bumper crowd on the Saturday night, with fields that were no bigger or better than what was at Ruapuna circuit. However to be fair it appears that as it way a 'dry hire' of the Ruapuna circuit, neither MSNZ nor CCC really assisted these guys with the promotion. IMO these events simply have to be a joint venture to work for everyone. Hell the new company couldn't even get competitor tickets posted out before the event!!!!

However, I believe the Teretonga round is a joint venture between Teretonga & whomever (10seventy?) and therefore Teretonga are working hard on the promotion of their round and deserve much more success.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...weekend-racing
Congratulations Teretonga on some local pre event print media.
Let's hope the patriotic locals turn up to watch.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3495039)   #66
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
Lindsay Beer does a great job. Good name, too
Old 22 Jan 2015, 07:31 (Ref:3495061)   #67
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
You will find that the Ruapuna event was "promoted" by a new to Motorsport company called 10seventy(?)
I think you'll find 10Seventy are a new to everything company.....

So, $64,000 question..... How does a brand new company, whose owners have no particular track record in promoting events step straight into tier 1 promotion?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 08:31 (Ref:3495064)   #68
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
someone must be a wellington rugby fan

https://www.facebook.com/10Seventy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Summe...097081?fref=nf

nothing from their pages screams pick me
Old 22 Jan 2015, 10:13 (Ref:3495087)   #69
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
I think you'll find 10Seventy are a new to everything company.....

So, $64,000 question..... How does a brand new company, whose owners have no particular track record in promoting events step straight into tier 1 promotion?

Possibly 'cos no one else wanted it?
MSNZ was told to get out of the promotion, so the package as it is was offered to anyone interested, including the ST management group, and the Circuit Owners Group. MSNZ carried basic promotion for two seasons after TMC went; on the understanding with MSNZ clubs that it would not cost the sport money.

It's all been discussed before on various threads here.

One of the directors of this company had a relationship with motorsport promotion a few years ago.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3495227)   #70
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
MSNZ was told to get out of the promotion, so the package as it is was offered to anyone interested, including the ST management group, and the Circuit Owners Group. MSNZ carried basic promotion for two seasons after TMC went; on the understanding with MSNZ clubs that it would not cost the sport money.

One of the directors of this company had a relationship with motorsport promotion a few years ago.
So Crunch who hirers the circuit, 10Seventy?

You say, quote "MSNZ carried basic promotion for two seasons after TMC went; on the understanding with MSNZ clubs that it would not cost the sport money" so Crunch if MSNZ made a loss as promotor's who tops up their coffer's? The sport, in one form or another surely?
Old 22 Jan 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3495249)   #71
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post

A company formed just in October. Amazing to not see Martin Fines name appear in one way or another but we can only wait and see on that. I spoke with some one yesterday who went and they were charging an additional $10 to stand on the bank. Brave people on more accounts than one.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 00:05 (Ref:3495356)   #72
The Realist
Racer

Quote:
So Crunch who hirers the circuit, 10Seventy?

You say, quote "MSNZ carried basic promotion for two seasons after TMC went; on the understanding with MSNZ clubs that it would not cost the sport money" so Crunch if MSNZ made a loss as promotor's who tops up their coffer's? The sport, in one form or another surely?
Maybe it's back to the future again.
Remember the adds, " Oh what a feeling, TOYOTA"
I think we may be all TOYOTA'D
A better feeling than a pineapple I hope.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3495731)   #73
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe it's back to the future again.
Remember the adds, " Oh what a feeling, TOYOTA"
I think we may be all TOYOTA'D
A better feeling than a pineapple I hope.
It is alleged that Neil Allport and Rick Armstrong both got TOYOTA'D at Ruapuna last weekend, with Rick apparently chasing Neil Allport through the Toyota pits hurling abuse at him for some on-track incident between the two 'field filler's' in the Toyota 86 race, each blaming the other, and ending up in a fist fight.

If there was any truth in this rumor you would expect that one or other of the drivers would be banned from racing for bringing the sport into disrepute, would you not! Or will this alleged altercation just be hushed up in the interest of the Sport?
Old 23 Jan 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3495779)   #74
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is alleged that Neil Allport and Rick Armstrong both got TOYOTA'D at Ruapuna last weekend, with Rick apparently chasing Neil Allport through the Toyota pits hurling abuse at him for some on-track incident between the two 'field filler's' in the Toyota 86 race, each blaming the other, and ending up in a fist fight.

If there was any truth in this rumor you would expect that one or other of the drivers would be banned from racing for bringing the sport into disrepute, would you not! Or will this alleged altercation just be hushed up in the interest of the Sport?
I must have missed the best bit of action for the weekend!
Old 23 Jan 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3495792)   #75
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Teretonga this weekend

I just had a quick look at Live Timing and Craig Baird was conspicuous by his absence. Anyone know why or should I guess?