Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Aug 2017, 21:45 (Ref:3757474)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
btcc round 19,20 and 21 knockhill 2017

Next weekend btcc will head up to Scotland with 32 cars and when will the shredded wheat team speak about the replacement driver for Luke.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3757482)   #2
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
...when will the shredded wheat team speak about the replacement driver for Luke.
Would absolutely love Dan Welch to get the drive, but I would agree with others and say it's most likely to be Rory Butcher (which seems like a good choice).

Still a lot of big names who haven't yet won this season - Goff, Austin, Morgan, Plato, Hill, etc. - so hopefully we'll get one or two new winners. Moffat and Newsham too have done well here in the past so they could be near the front.

I believe all of the top three have done well at Knockhill in the past, and the Subaru's went well last year, so the standings should be tight!

Also, I think it's gone a bit unnoticed but I think Senna Proctor needs some credit! The odds were really stacked against him at the start of the season - young team, new car, lack of experience, etc. - and a lot of us put him down but he has had a great season so far (although maybe little messy.)
Old 4 Aug 2017, 23:25 (Ref:3757493)   #3
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Proctor's had a decent year. He's finished every race so far, which is what you need as a rookie.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3757498)   #4
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR kinda faded away after a relative strong Brands opening

Chilton is now just 13th , Proctor just 19th in the standings and they never got even close to the podium either
Old 5 Aug 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3757558)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That podium kind of flattered the Vauxhall, especially as it was done in reverse grid, that's the only way they are going to get one atm. They are solid midfield runners and always have been. So yeah Brands was a bit of a red herring for them
Old 7 Aug 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3757985)   #6
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.btcc.net/2017/08/07/butch...cing-with-duo/

Interesting article on btcc.net.

“Considering the size of the accident at Croft, we were hoping that TOCA would be a bit more respectful of Luke’s condition regarding the third car whilst he was still recovering in hospital and also of our position with the timescales involved;” Bartrum explained. “However, it was made very clear that there was no leeway at all in regards to losing our third licence so we had no choice. Ideally, we would have liked to have been given until Rockingham to ready the car, but luckily – thanks in no small part to Alex at DUO – we’ve managed to hit the deadline set by Alan Gow.”

C+P here for future reference as it really wouldn't surprise me if it is edited in the hours to come. I believe it is unprecedented for the official website to publish something which amounts to critism of Gow and the organisers.
Old 7 Aug 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3757999)   #7
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rory Butcher in at Motorbase for the rest of the season as expected

(whoops, stated in the post above)
Old 7 Aug 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3758000)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The natural choice, he's shown up well in Porsches and GTs, so there's no reason why he can't in the BTCC. He'll be racing against his brother in law of course
Old 8 Aug 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3758160)   #9
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Butcher might take a couple of practice sessions to get used to the car, but after that he'll be carving his way through the pack.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3758178)   #10
porsche962fan
Veteran

isn't it mandatory by TOCA that any new driver needs to have at least 300 km in an NGTC car ?
Old 8 Aug 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3758181)   #11
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
isn't it mandatory by TOCA that any new driver needs to have at least 300 km in an NGTC car ?
he did a day testing at Snetterton with all other btcc teams
Old 8 Aug 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3758205)   #12
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can see Rory Butcher having a reasonably good weekend at Knockhill
Scottish BTCC fans Lets get right behind the Scottish Racers on view this weekend
Old 8 Aug 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3758226)   #13
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
http://www.btcc.net/2013/11/04/toca-...-btcc-licence/
".. unless they are acknowledged by TOCA as having extensive experience driving a touring car or are a driver of high repute"

Rule was introduced to stop the certain teams running club drivers with more money than experience. Butcher may not have much touring car experience but no arguments over his background in other top-line series.
Old 10 Aug 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3758662)   #14
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to watching this event on ITV Sport.

Have been to Knockhill a few times.And I live in Norwich - so it's a long distance to travel! Wonderful track to view the racing - you get views of most of the track if you know where to stand.

BMWs are normally handy around the track. I have tended to want the BMW drovers to do well so that suits me just fine!
My local track has traditionally been one where Jason Plato goes well - that does not suit me!

When I've been in the past, the weather has been kind. Looks like it won;t be bad this weekend too - as long as a poor forecast day next Monday doesn't develop sooner!
Old 11 Aug 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3758775)   #15
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope all visitors have fun, such a great track to spectate at. Everyone should make the trip at least once.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3758779)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe one day I will
Old 11 Aug 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3758825)   #17
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say how much I'm looking forward to this weekend - attending both days, bring it on! Hoping I can get my comfy camping chair close to my usual spot at Duffus, as there are now wooden benches along big sections of the fencing. Good idea, but they've nicked my spot, and they are less than comfortable!
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3758891)   #18
Wawan
Rookie

France
Haute-Savoie
Wawan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doing the trip from Geneva for my first BTCC meeting, I'm very excited
Old 11 Aug 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3758901)   #19
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawan View Post
Doing the trip from Geneva for my first BTCC meeting, I'm very excited
You've picked the best event on the calendar. Enjoy!

Will be there both days, Saturday is a great day to have a wander and watch from a view different places. The end of the main straight just on the braking area for Duffus Dip is my personal favourite for qualifying.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3758970)   #20
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the best racing this year has been from the Ginetta Junior Series, this weekend it will liekly be a mass "karting" style battle with some great talent of seasoned drivers and rookies.
Expect a few close battles and anyone from about 8 drivers to win!

In the BTCC I expect it to be about the "boost" up the hill and then block and drive, shame that there is so much negaitivty about the engine performance levels still however many years into it

Sheddon surely after home points, id like to see some "others" win and keep the championship close for the remained of the season, in the wet though expect the honds to be quick
Old 12 Aug 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3758972)   #21
S griffin
Veteran

Funnily enough, we haven't had a proper wet race here since 2006! Although a couple of drivers gambled wrongly on wets in the 2012 R3
Old 12 Aug 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3758990)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hilarious qualifying. Impossible to follow. The drivers who managed to get a clear lap in at the end had the best chance. Really good fun that.
Old 12 Aug 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3758991)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

He's back!
Old 12 Aug 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3758993)   #24
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post

He's back!

Old 12 Aug 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3758994)   #25
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So having declared that he is going to support Sutton for the rest of the season, we'll see him concede the first corner and act as rear-gunner?