Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2002, 22:02 (Ref:327345)   #1
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to Silverstone today (still excited)

(sorry if this doesn't seem interesting to anyone, but I can't afford to go to the actual race and the invitation I got to go today was the best thing ever for me!)

wowowowowowow
this was such a brilliant afternoon! I had a great time.

so at 1h30 i get to simon & schuster... So it turns out the books, "Mac and Lauren" were written by Ron Dennis' wife Lisa. No wonder McLaren is sponsoring the launch... The books are quite cool for kids. I wish there had beens omething like this when I was kid.

Anyway, at 2 we all go down, hoping to get in a coach to go to the circuit and it was... a London red bus! bah dead uncomfortable for over 2h!

It took us till 4h30 to get to Silverstone. When we got there we are greeted by this guy from McLaren called Adam and he takes us to the paddock. There were some kids there already, the book is supporting a charity called Honeypot that give special days for deprived kids. those kids had the time of their lives, they even got to sit in the car!!!

We were in there for a bit (got Lisa's autograph on one of the books and suggested a future book in Estoril and took a pic with Kimi) then we went on a pit tour, where i took a photo next to a toyota and next to a mclaren and one actually holding a real steering wheel!!! Wow, they are amazing with all the little switches and buttons and flicks!

Afterwards it was back to the motorhome and it was the proper launch with Coulthard and Kimi and Wurz talking. Then I looked back and there was Jenson, Jarno and Eddie Irvine! so I managed a pic with them. Also got pics with DC, Ron Dennis, photos signed by DC and Barrichello...

And then there was a photocall with DC, Wurz, Kimi, Jenson, Jarno, Eddie, Panis, Montoya and Schumacher (who left the briefing to show up) with all the kids. It looked quite cool.

I talked a bit to the guy from the team and he has my ideal job... he is in the marketing dep of McLaren dealing with sponsors and PR... *sigh* i wish!

Then it was back to the old bus and back in london at 9h45.

can't wait to see all the pics!
Old 5 Jul 2002, 00:09 (Ref:327398)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
COOL Carla O

I'm green with envy
Old 5 Jul 2002, 02:50 (Ref:327440)   #3
Champ69
Veteran

Champ69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky, would have been great. Post the pics if you get a chance.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 07:00 (Ref:327500)   #4
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have a scanner, but I can try and ask a friend to do it. I still need to finish one of the films... might do it soon, if not, i'm going on hols in 2 or 3 weeks (god knows where) so i'll finish the film there.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 08:47 (Ref:327533)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds a ace a day Carla , finish your film and post your pics..be good to see them.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 17:50 (Ref:327834)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carla O
i'm going on hols in 2 or 3 weeks (god knows where) so i'll finish the film there.
My dear-it'll be old news by then!

Honestly, it sounds like a swell day, like Wrexy, I am green ith envy.
Old 5 Jul 2002, 18:06 (Ref:327847)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool Carla !!!

Wow ! All those drivers ! I bet Eddie Irvine asked you to give him your phone number !
Old 5 Jul 2002, 18:17 (Ref:327852)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I went to Silverstone today (still excited)

Quote:
Originally posted by Carla O
can't wait to see all the pics!
SO ARE ALL OF US!!!

Last edited by Red; 5 Jul 2002 at 18:17.