Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 23 Jun 2003, 01:52 (Ref:639691)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Riders of the Future

In the 125cc and 250cc fields today, we have many young riders eager to make a name for themselves and many with dreams of one day progressing to MotoGP (others, of course, are more than happy to remain where they are.)

I'm just going to throw a few names out and you can agree/disagree and also add to this list:

For starters, there are the guys who are almost certain to reach the highest echelons of the sport - Daniel Pedrosa for starters, Manuel Poggiali would likely be another. These two are the cream of their respective grids and no doubt they have the attention of many teams in the MotoGP field. Pedrosa would probably be better off maybe doing a season in 250cc before making the giant leap to MotoGP.

Others who have a big chance are Roberto Rolfo, who was offered a chance at Aprilia a season or two ago, Mika Kallio, who had turned many heads with his speed over the past 18 months, Randy de Puniet, who has had a reputation as a crasher but who is undoubtedly very quick and also Casey Stoner, who went backwards this year but will no doubt progress.

There are also many, many talented riders in national championships all around the world, particularly in the USA, UK and Australia who are itching to make an impact on the world stage but will need a slice of luck, a bit of money and a lot of sacrifice to get there. Can't think of any names at the moment, but I'm sure you guys can think of some!
Old 23 Jun 2003, 16:51 (Ref:640403)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vermuilen(I think i got it wrong ) Toseland, Xaus ... De Puinet, Rolfo, Porto.. and many more very good drivers ...

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jun 2003, 08:49 (Ref:641179)   #3
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRING BACK WEST !!!
Old 24 Jun 2003, 08:55 (Ref:641183)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Er, Westy is riding in the 250cc ranks for Aprilia Germany.

Finished third last week in Barcelona, the first podium of his international career.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 03:33 (Ref:642193)   #5
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i mean bring back west into the motogp, give him haydons ride
Old 25 Jun 2003, 10:20 (Ref:642461)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The most promising half-dozen outside MotoGP are, in my view, Pedrosa, Poggiali, Kallio, Porto, Rolfo and Toseland. There are also many others, although Xaus still hasn't convinced me.