Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Sep 2016, 11:14 (Ref:3670481)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
GP2 Monza weekend

Gasly cemented his advantage at the top of the table with 2 sensible drives over the weekend, and to be fair profited from keeping his nose clean (well he did ping his front wing in race 1!) whilst his rivals didn't!

Sirotkin was pretty anonymous all weekend so he is out of it now barring miracles and really it's upto Giovinazzi to take it to Gasly in the remaining 4 races. I think he's a better driver (heck I think a most of the top guys this year are) but it will need Gasly to have problems now.

Rowland is slipping back which I feel is a result of his team not having the same engineering resource as the accepted series grandees. However he is a tryer and it will be interesting to see if he can manoeuvre himself into a Prema, ART or Racing Engineering drive for 2017.
Old 6 Sep 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3670618)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the reason for the lack of a thread is that Canamasas was involved in a major shunt that didn't appear to be his fault at all. Everyone was so shocked that they stayed silent
Old 6 Sep 2016, 22:00 (Ref:3670623)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I think the reason for the lack of a thread is that Canamasas was involved in a major shunt that didn't appear to be his fault at all. Everyone was so shocked that they stayed silent
Hahahaha very good!!!!! ☺
Old 8 Sep 2016, 16:07 (Ref:3671034)   #4
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I hate knocking the kid, but Alex Jacques immediately pinned the blame on Canamasas when it was clear it was Pic's fault. Yet Alex never provides ny real analysis of who was at fault in other incidents.

We really need a better commentator for next year. He's somewhere between Carlton Kirby and Jonathan Legard level bad at the minute.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 18:02 (Ref:3671059)   #5
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
I hate knocking the kid, but Alex Jacques immediately pinned the blame on Canamasas when it was clear it was Pic's fault. Yet Alex never provides ny real analysis of who was at fault in other incidents.

We really need a better commentator for next year. He's somewhere between Carlton Kirby and Jonathan Legard level bad at the minute.
At the minute? He's been terrible from the start and hasn't improved! There is a distinct lack of good commentators on live motorsport coverage at the moment.
Old 8 Sep 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3671060)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the minute because I thought he was Kirby bad at the start, and has only just improved enough so I'm not guaranteed to cringe during every race
Old 8 Sep 2016, 22:02 (Ref:3671112)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Thank god we don't have to suffer the increasingly estranged Croft outside of F1!!
Old 9 Sep 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3671131)   #8
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah but it's Canamasas, as soon as Pic threw it to the inside on a turn not normally used for passing, I thought here we go, these guys are going to wreck. Of course Canamasas stayed on the outside, gave him minimal room, whereas some other drivers would have just let Pic go and avoid a potential collision. But not Sergio. Not saying it's Canamasas to blame, clearly Pic lost traction and slid into him, but it could have been avoided just like Power/Kimball on the weekend. You can bet Alonso/Button racing through there wouldn't have wrecked.

It is amusing seeing how Canamasas will wreck at each round. GP2 should market it as some sort of feature haha. Put up tabs.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 07:12 (Ref:3671191)   #9
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Evans may as well apply for a V8 Supercar drive now,can't see his open wheel career going any further than this...
Old 10 Sep 2016, 07:18 (Ref:3671373)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Mitch Evans goes off to Formula E.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 12:38 (Ref:3671408)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Mitch Evans goes off to Formula E.
I suggest a call-in for people like Dillmann or Ellinas... Despite the criticisms by the Cypriot driver.
Old 11 Sep 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3671719)   #12
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Yeah but it's Canamasas, as soon as Pic threw it to the inside on a turn not normally used for passing, I thought here we go, these guys are going to wreck. Of course Canamasas stayed on the outside, gave him minimal room, whereas some other drivers would have just let Pic go and avoid a potential collision. But not Sergio. Not saying it's Canamasas to blame, clearly Pic lost traction and slid into him, but it could have been avoided just like Power/Kimball on the weekend. You can bet Alonso/Button racing through there wouldn't have wrecked.

I would say Sergio is at least just as at fault as Pic. Pic lost the rear because he was pushed on a very tight line over the kerb, while being alongside. I think he deserved a little more room.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3671847)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
I would say Sergio is at least just as at fault as Pic. Pic lost the rear because he was pushed on a very tight line over the kerb, while being alongside. I think he deserved a little more room.
How did Pic "deserve more room?" Because he tried to overtake? It was always a lunge, and as the car behind it was his responsibility to position himself in a place that would not end up accident. Canamasas was totally entitled to squeeze Pic, especially in a corner where overtaking is almost invariably a daft idea in cars going at that speed...

I didn't want to post my opinions or elaborate on this much but claiming someone "deserves more room" when overtaking is a truly bizarre claim...
Old 12 Sep 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3671894)   #14
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How did Pic "deserve more room?" Because he tried to overtake? It was always a lunge, and as the car behind it was his responsibility to position himself in a place that would not end up accident. Canamasas was totally entitled to squeeze Pic, especially in a corner where overtaking is almost invariably a daft idea in cars going at that speed...

I didn't want to post my opinions or elaborate on this much but claiming someone "deserves more room" when overtaking is a truly bizarre claim...

I agree overtaking is not very common at that corner, but at least in F1 there are guidelines for when an attacking car has won a claim to the apex, and Pic had done so. Therefore, for me the collision is not solely Pic's fault. He was practically squeezed off the track on the inside, while being nearly alongside.