Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1556062)   #126
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John

I'm not sure whether the T360 stuff belongs in that thread long term. There is also this brief Lola T360 thread from December 2005 that would make a better home for trimmed out T360 information. Or, to make life easier, we could just leave the T360 stuff embedded in the T460/T560 thread for the time being (as it predates the T360 thread) but use that thread just for T460/560 information from here on. So we'd have separate threads going forward for the T360 and for the T460/T560.

But yes, I am completely happy for you to do this without further input. I am very happy with what's been done so far. It's really working out well.

Allen
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1556069)   #127
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the Modus thread?
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1556072)   #128
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Allen. I'll try to sort that Lola thread out. If I can separate the T360 out, without losing too much continuity, I'll then see if I can fit it into the T360 thread you mention.

I haven't forgotten either that there is still some outstanding action on threads discussed earlier in this thread. I'll get it all done ...... in time!

Last edited by John Turner; 21 Mar 2006 at 22:54.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1556074)   #129
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Modus thread was one of them!
Old 21 Mar 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1556110)   #130
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
As you can see, I've started to add a few pics; not only to illustrate the models but help to keep track of where some of these cars are now. I hope that you think this is a good idea
Much appreciated, puts life into what can get a bit dry at times.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1556129)   #131
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,

I agree with Allen's post above, there is enough T360 stuff to stand alone, the T460 's should stay with the T560 , as there is only one T560 built .
Please see email re your above message , copy it to Allen if you wish.
Bryan.
Old 21 Mar 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1556173)   #132
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
I'd also like to get the Tui thread renamed to match the others. And the Winkelmann-Palliser thread. Allen
Now done, but I haven't checked them for editing. Do I need to?
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1556844)   #133
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Miller
John and all,

Chevron B29 thread.

Modus items, pages , 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45, 47, 61, 72 but with bits of everything, 104, 110 , 283, 288 the last 3 need to stay and be repositioned as well. Same goes for 72 .

Argo's , 448-458 inclusive.

Ralt RT1'S , 297-304 inclusive.

Tiga's , 402-409 incl, 412-416 incl. 418, 420, 421.
I haven't done this yet because it is, I think, the toughest yet. I have to print out the B29 thread and manually number the pages (as per the BT thread), then split this all out from several copies of the original thread sent to my 'Holding' area (what I call my cutting room!). I have, however, made a start and created an Ralt RT1 thread, using the 'Ralt RT1s down under' thread as the platform. I have already merged a couple of relevant posts in there from another thread, so that is likely to be the next one to appear!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 00:21 (Ref:1556870)   #134
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Wasn't there a thread on the Brabham BT14. I'm sure I remember starting one and getting a fair way with it but I can't find it now.

Anyone else remember that one?

Allen
Old 22 Mar 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1557361)   #135
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I can't find it either, Allen, but in searching, I found the Birrana thread which with a bit of pruning and editing has proved a very suitable candidate here, so that is now done. Complete original left in main forum, locked with a link.

My search also took me to Irish Formula Atlantic thread which has loads of RT1 stuff in it, so a copy of that has gone off to the 'Cutting Room', too!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1557553)   #136
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ralt RT1 now here! What fun that was merging posts from 4 different threads. Needs someone to collate all the data and do an update, I think!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1557577)   #137
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Quote:
Ralt RT1 now here! What fun that was merging posts from 4 different threads. Needs someone to collate all the data and do an update, I think!
Great work John ... but ...

there is also this RT1 thread and this even longer F2 RT1 thread. Neither of those appear to be included. The latter thread doesn't stick to F2 Ralts at all and wanders all over the RT1 universe.

We really must learn our lesson of only one thread per model!

Allen
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:14 (Ref:1557585)   #138
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, I have to say you guys do seem to go off thread topic on a regular basis! However, with this new forum there's going to be more self discipline, isn't there? Seriously though, the temptation will be less here because of both the format and aims of the forum. I'll merge those two RT1 threads in, no problem ........ in due course!
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1557611)   #139
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Another candidate: a very good Lyncar F/Atl chassis history thread.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1557838)   #140
Bryan Miller
Veteran

It is probably me , but where can I find the original uncensored B29 thread .???
Old 23 Mar 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1558020)   #141
Andrew Fellowes
Veteran

Australia
Tamborine Mountain, Qld. Australia
Andrew Fellowes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noted, in future thumbs it will be.

I guess that now this research has moved up a notch or three its time to get serious,

Where I have listed
1970 Driver A
1971 Driver B
I have assumed that its understood that A has not necessairly sold to B

Also
1970 Driver A
1970 Advertised by Bob Howlings
1971 Driver B

same applies again, for instance Howlings may have had it on consignment and Driver B is now leasing it from Driver A

When I post something, -assume nothing!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1558102)   #142
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
It's here Bryan:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...29#post1542278

Completely unedited and still open!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1559013)   #143
Bryan Miller
Veteran

John, thank you.
Bryan.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1559691)   #144
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I've now edited the RT2 thread and placed it here. Do you want me to keep the Lant RT2 thread separate? It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=Lant

The original RT2 thread is fully intact on main forum but closed.

I've also added the ARGO and Talbot 90 & 105 threads here.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1559696)   #145
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
I've now edited the RT2 thread and placed it here. Do you want me to keep the Lant RT2 thread separate? It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=Lant

The original RT2 thread is fully intact on main forum but closed.

I've also added the ARGO and Talbot 90 & 105 threads here.
Johnh, the Lant RT4 thread MUST remain seperate as they are a different manufacturer. It would be OK if they were 'built under license' but that wasn't the case.

Steve
Old 24 Mar 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1559720)   #146
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Fair enough, but I guess a tidied up version should be in here.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1559743)   #147
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ralt RT4 now in but its a 'bitsa' from plucked from 3 threads; hope it makes sense.

Incidentally, can I make it 'Pilbeam' only, as this is the chassis history forum? Also is it ARGO or Argo?
Old 24 Mar 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1559748)   #148
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Ralt RT4 now in but its a 'bitsa' from plucked from 3 threads; hope it makes sense.

Incidentally, can I make it 'Pilbeam' only, as this is the chassis history forum? Also is it ARGO or Argo?
John, by all means make it PILBEAM.

As far as I know it is Argo!

Old 25 Mar 2006, 10:56 (Ref:1560275)   #149
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
After much work, Modus thread now in (Bryan, I have kept it separate from the Argo thread, as I think that would have got swamped if merged with Modus - is that, OK?)
Also put a reworked Ensign LNF3 thread in here. Both the original Modus and Ensign threads remain intact in the main forum.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1563399)   #150
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
John,
There is also this brief Lola T360 thread from December 2005 that would make a better home for trimmed out T360 information. Allen
I've finally caught up with this one!. Now merged in its entirety into the T360 thread here. However, I have left the complete original in the main forum with a link to here and closed it.