Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 3 May 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1599954)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
1:18 and 1:24 Juan Pablo Montoya Models

Had fair bit of trouble over the last 12-18 months getting hold of any of Montoya's Williams models in 1:18 scale.

My fiancee had tried to buy one (either 2003/04) and had found on most of the leading websites stores that they were out of stock, or the product's production had run out. She reckons they were on ebay for as much as £100 quid?

Whilst opinions vary on how good he is, he is evidently a very popular driver in the merchandise stakes.

Suffice to say I was delighted to find a Minichamps FW25 2003, 1st Edition in a large toy shop whilst in Germany recently at a bargain price 40 Euros! (effectively £25 quid)

I decided to take it back in my back pack to protect it from getting bashed about in luggage. Caused great amusement coming through check in controls on way back - Baden Baden airport staff could see the chassis on their 3D screen but hadn't a clue what it was!! I think they thought it was a gun!!!

Anyway has anyone else had difficulty obtaining JPM cars and how have you got hold of them?
Old 3 May 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1600016)   #2
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm willing to sell my signed one if anyone is interested....
Old 3 May 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1600137)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll step in before Knowlesy, just kidding.
Old 3 May 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1600171)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a bit of difficulty getting some of them.

The FW25 appears once in a blue moon on eBay (or did). And the FW23 and FW24's seem to be quite rare. Having said that, when they do appear they go for reasonable prices! Just a case of being patient!

As for the 2004 car, that seems to be selling for about £30, but is again quite sparse.

Ebay is flooded with the 2005 McLaren though, it seems!!!

I've got 'em all now.....just need the '99 Champcar to finish the collection!
Old 4 May 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1600504)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I had a bit of difficulty getting some of them.

The FW25 appears once in a blue moon on eBay (or did). And the FW23 and FW24's seem to be quite rare. Having said that, when they do appear they go for reasonable prices! Just a case of being patient!

As for the 2004 car, that seems to be selling for about £30, but is again quite sparse.

Ebay is flooded with the 2005 McLaren though, it seems!!!

That's excellent Knowlesy!

The Germany shop had an Hot Wheels FW25 - but the Minichamps one is far superior, and also had the 'walrus' FW26, but it was the 25 I was always after as it was JPM's should've been WDC year!

I wouldn't mind the Champcar either, i've got a Zanardi Ganassi oner (with helmet in cockpit) in that scale from either '97 or '98 - think it's a Minichamps, (but the details of the chassis ain't brilliant so probably not).

Also got JV '96 FW18 without helmet in cockpit.

Until the Montoya aquisition I hadn't bought/received a model since the Zanardi car and that was in '99. Had ordered a Greg Moore Reynard from same collection, but was advised that the supplier could never get one in? Don't know what availability was like after that.

Got a '79 Bburago Candy Tyrrell in 1:12 and a '77 Polistil 1:14 Lotus 78 (minus half a rear wing!) but i've had those since i was very little.

Bburago also had JPS & Martini Lotus same as Tyrrell but different liveries, (they cheated!) a Renault RE20, Ferrari 312T4 and something else at the time, but have never found the 2 grandee cars anywhere?

I've got to add either a Senna MP4/6 or MP4/8 to collection as well, but theyire going for at least £50 quid each which is quite dear.
Old 10 May 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1605145)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got a JPM FW24, it's Hot Wheels though. Willing to listen to offers... or exchanges for Hill/Villeneuve models
Old 24 May 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1617753)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Knowlesy mate, if you ever find one, let me know where you get from. I have his 2000 Indy 500 winning car, but have never seen his 1999 or 2000 CART car.
Old 24 May 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1618103)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dunno if the 2000 CART car exists.....if it does, I don't have that. Anyone know about that one?

1999 Champcar appears on eBay from time to time....usually when I'm skint!

Anyways, I added to the Monty collection a few days ago....half-scale 2002 helmet, signed. Bloody lovely display piece.
Old 25 May 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1618719)   #9
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've seen his 2000 1:43 car on ebay loads of times....
Old 25 May 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1618920)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Gotta be 1:18 though.....and it just doesn't exist!

Stupid Action models.....
Old 25 May 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1618976)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Incidentally, on a 1:43 note, the British GP McLaren of JPM's is out now.

I got mine in the post today, was a bit surprised to get it......it's fantastic though, a reminder of a great, great day!
Old 26 May 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1619739)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

I got mine in the post today, was a bit surprised to get it......it's fantastic though, a reminder of a great, great day!
Of course it was a great day, you met me and Hugh Jarce for the first time ever
Old 27 May 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1619998)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That is what I meant of course!

And the back breaking hug from the Colombian fellow(?) sat next to me when JPM crossed the line of course.....
Old 27 May 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1620034)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
No offense Knowls, I can see you are a big collector of these items, however I just find the prices totally insane.

I have a few 1:18 models, but only ones that I have seen at knockdown prices whilst either browsing at a supermarket, or looking in bargain bins. I just dont understand why they cost so much, surely they must only cost about £3 to make?

I do have a rather nice 2003 Merc DTM which I picked up for £15, and a 1999 BMW Williams LMR, which again I saw in Tescos for something crazy like £5.

Its a shame, I could have picked up an Audi R8 too, but I passed on that opportunity, shame really.
Old 27 May 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1620044)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No offense taken!

Yes, they are expensive. Perhaps overly so. But I don't know about them being cheap to make.

And the thing is, with my collection, if I sold it now, I would be confident of selling it for more than I paid out for it.
Old 28 May 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1621456)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Here's knowles car he won, well has the same, quite a few bids though...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-18-ACTION-JU...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 4 Jun 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1626612)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...PCN_BIX_Stores

Think this might be worth a look at
Old 4 Jun 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1626677)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Here's a cheaper one.

I nearly bought this, then realised I already had one in another set.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1651490)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, god... I feel another part of my collection starting... urgh... this is gonna be expensive!
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1651495)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So then, does anyone know of 1/18 NASCAR's?
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1651499)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
That's the problem, innit... they're all 1/24 aren't they?

That's the reason I have avoided starting a DEJ collection in the past. Quite apart from the money side...
Old 9 Jul 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1651505)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well that's a bummer. Gutted.
Old 9 Jul 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1651531)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quite.

Though have you ever seen a 1/24 and a 1/18 next to each other? I wonder how they would look side by side? Given the Nascar is a pretty bulky beat it might not look out of place?
Old 11 Jul 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1653626)   #24
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So then, does anyone know of 1/18 NASCAR's?
I've got Matt Kenseth's in 1:18. Least I think its 1:18 - looks the right size.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1699623)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Here's one I didn't know existed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEAM-MCLAREN-M...QQcmdZViewItem

Whether it is genuine or not, I don't know.

It's rubbish anyways, as it is a car and driver combo that never existed.

Tags
jpm