Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3483164)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Ten Tenths Fry Up and End of Year Gathering at the Ace Cafe 29th Dec.

I am just wondering .....is there going to be a meet and fry up over the festive season?
Old 8 Dec 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3483207)   #2
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the first time in 30 years we're closing over the holiday and having a break, so I am footloose and up for it. Previously it's always been tricky to get there before everyone else leaves!
Old 8 Dec 2014, 20:51 (Ref:3483210)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be in Spain!
Old 8 Dec 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3483212)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Someone make a suggestion for which day. Presume week commencing 29th?

I'm around that week so should be able to make it.....

Old 8 Dec 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3483214)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I'll be in Spain!
I hope you're not going to use your winter fuel allowance to pay for it Al
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Dec 2014, 06:50 (Ref:3483339)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now now Gordon, Al has probably refused the £200 on the grounds that he doesn't need it.
Old 9 Dec 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3483347)   #7
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Someone make a suggestion for which day. Presume week commencing 29th?

I'm around that week so should be able to make it.....

Ok so what about the 29th?
Old 9 Dec 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3483370)   #8
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
29th is good
Old 9 Dec 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3483386)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So that's 3 for Monday 29th. Anyone else?
Old 9 Dec 2014, 12:29 (Ref:3483401)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am very tempted to join you.

Are there any others from Yorkshire that might like to share the journey?
Old 9 Dec 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3483404)   #11
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Can I ask one of the Mods to retitle this "TEN TENTHS FRY UP AND END OF YEAR GATHERING AT ACE CAFE DEC 29th"
Old 9 Dec 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3483457)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Seems to have happened, Claire! Such power you wield.....

For anyone that hasn't been to Ace, the food menu is very varied and you certainly don't have to have a full English or whatever they call it!

Menu here....

Old 9 Dec 2014, 19:21 (Ref:3483500)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It'll depend on what time I finish work, what time do peeps normally get there, and leave?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 07:06 (Ref:3483663)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm up for it.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 09:05 (Ref:3483682)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It'll depend on what time I finish work, what time do peeps normally get there, and leave?
It's usually pretty shambolic, Tim, in the nicest sense of the word! Late morn to mid afternoon is about normal, and what I'm aiming for. Might even use the railways for a change.....

Old 10 Dec 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3483694)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
you'd better leave on the 27th then Mike !
Old 10 Dec 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3483698)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Engineering works- probably!

Old 10 Dec 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3483701)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Am very tempted to join you.

Are there any others from Yorkshire that might like to share the journey?
Not yet sure what Mrs MG has planned but it's possible, Mike. Where are you based?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 10:46 (Ref:3483704)   #19
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Not yet sure what Mrs MG has planned but it's possible, Mike. Where are you based?
I live just outside Halifax.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3483713)   #20
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Sorry, Peter, but further to my reply, I have just heard that I have to go to the local hospital that day for a small proceedure.

Would far rather be going down to the Ace; it's almost 50 years since I last stepped over that threshold, although I am sure that it has changed somewhat since then!
Old 10 Dec 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3483724)   #21
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
For anyone thinking of going by train, check before booking or setting off.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30398791
Old 10 Dec 2014, 13:53 (Ref:3483726)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
For anyone thinking of going by train, check before booking or setting off.
Quite. Work 'just outside Kings Cross' could be an issue for me! How often do we hear the word 'overrunning' on travel bulletins....

Will decide nearer the time.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3483741)   #23
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely you'd go into Liverpool St, Mike?
Old 10 Dec 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3483743)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rear View Post
Surely you'd go into Liverpool St, Mike?
Noo, Attleborough - Cambridge - Kings Cross is easier and more reliable! And I can walk to the station, or park for free if it is persisting down....

Old 12 Dec 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3484534)   #25
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
I better ring em and ask em to reserve a space for us as per norm