Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 29 Aug 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3569683)   #1
BigGelmo
Rookie

BigGelmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moded Cinquecento???

Hi all, I'm after some clarification regarding Sprinting in my modified Fiat Cinquecento Sporting.
To make things easier I think I best start with a Cinquecento Sporting history lesson.... They were originally made by Fiat with an 1108cc Spi ( single point injection) variant of the Fiat FIRE overhead cam 8 valve engine which produced a whopping 55bhp.

I currently have a well modified Cinqecento SportingRoad car with the standard 1108cc bottom end BUT the cylinder head has been changed for a better breathing Mpi (multi point injection) head from a Fiat Punto Mk1 1242cc FIRE engine, I realise that the head change will make the Cinquecento ineligible for the Standard Production Roadgoing sprint class and would put the car into the Modified class.
In the Modified class I would be up against some stiff opposition and so I had planned to fit a complete well tuned 1242cc Fiat Punto Mk1 engine into the Cinquecento BUT further reading of the the Blue Book regs for Modified Production cars says that I can only use a cylinder block that was originally fitted to the car and the 1242cc never was fitted to a Cinquecento as standard and the two blocks are different heights so do not look the same.
So is my only option to stick with the standard 1108cc engine and tune the nuts out of it or go down the 1242cc route as both engined are from the same "family".
Old 14 Dec 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3597693)   #2
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGelmo View Post
Hi all, I'm after some clarification regarding Sprinting in my modified Fiat Cinquecento Sporting.
To make things easier I think I best start with a Cinquecento Sporting history lesson.... They were originally made by Fiat with an 1108cc Spi ( single point injection) variant of the Fiat FIRE overhead cam 8 valve engine which produced a whopping 55bhp.

I currently have a well modified Cinqecento SportingRoad car with the standard 1108cc bottom end BUT the cylinder head has been changed for a better breathing Mpi (multi point injection) head from a Fiat Punto Mk1 1242cc FIRE engine, I realise that the head change will make the Cinquecento ineligible for the Standard Production Roadgoing sprint class and would put the car into the Modified class.
In the Modified class I would be up against some stiff opposition and so I had planned to fit a complete well tuned 1242cc Fiat Punto Mk1 engine into the Cinquecento BUT further reading of the the Blue Book regs for Modified Production cars says that I can only use a cylinder block that was originally fitted to the car and the 1242cc never was fitted to a Cinquecento as standard and the two blocks are different heights so do not look the same.
So is my only option to stick with the standard 1108cc engine and tune the nuts out of it or go down the 1242cc route as both engined are from the same "family".
You'd end up in Sports Libre as an engine changed car