Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Jun 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3555020)   #326
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Interesting timing.
Indeed! Great news!
Old 30 Jun 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3555060)   #327
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Glad Kyle won & not JJ - reckon Ambrose would have blitzed that lot this year

Kyle still has a bit of work to do to get in the top 30 points for "chase qualification" - he is currently 38th in points & 138 points behind 30th place - 10 races remain before the chase starts...
So a hypothetical, If Ambrose came back to run Sonoma and the Glen, won both, is he eligible for the chase, or does it have to be a full season drive to get into the chase?
Old 1 Jul 2015, 03:15 (Ref:3555095)   #328
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
So a hypothetical, If Ambrose came back to run Sonoma and the Glen, won both, is he eligible for the chase, or does it have to be a full season drive to get into the chase?
You need dispensation from NASCAR and I presume the criteria is that you had originally intended to compete full time but where caught out by forces beyond your control. i.e Kurt Busch's legal issues. If so, Ambrose probably wouldn't get that dispensation.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 05:15 (Ref:3555109)   #329
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
You need dispensation from NASCAR and I presume the criteria is that you had originally intended to compete full time but where caught out by forces beyond your control. i.e Kurt Busch's legal issues. If so, Ambrose probably wouldn't get that dispensation.
So a drive in Australian V8Supercars wouldn't be something "beyond his control", even though he isn't driving?
Old 1 Jul 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3555138)   #330
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the rulebook states that a driver has to be a NASCAR licensed, full time driver, in the Series to be eligible to compete for the championship.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 11:08 (Ref:3555156)   #331
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
So Kyle should be fine to compete for the chase because he missed races due to a broken leg which occurred in a NASCAR event - he doesn't need to worry about the top 30 finish in points?
Old 1 Jul 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3555170)   #332
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
So Kyle should be fine to compete for the chase because he missed races due to a broken leg which occurred in a NASCAR event - he doesn't need to worry about the top 30 finish in points?
Nope, NASCAR has already stated that he has to be in the top 30 in points to make the Chase.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3555175)   #333
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting timing.
I know where you're going with that.....

Old 2 Jul 2015, 10:04 (Ref:3555350)   #334
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I know where you're going with that.....

The YMCA?
Old 2 Jul 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3555367)   #335
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
The YMCA?
My first out loud laugh of the day. Thanks!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3556090)   #336
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are they seriously doing this?
Old 6 Jul 2015, 06:14 (Ref:3556102)   #337
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Live NASCAR at dinner time,thats different,its usually on at breakfast time here.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3556109)   #338
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
What a finish....ripped the engine clean out of the car...
Old 6 Jul 2015, 07:00 (Ref:3556110)   #339
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Junior win the race but man, that was one nasty wreck for Dillon. Good thing he hit the fence underside first.
Old 6 Jul 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3556127)   #340
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were stupid to move this race, from it's traditional starting time, 10:00 am. It RAINS in Florida, EVERY afternoon/evening in July! THAT is why it was always scheduled early, on the 4th of July! They could run and complete the race BEFORE the afternoon/evening rains came and also before the heat of the day! Being that it was only a 400 miler, because it was completed early, there was also ample time for everyone to spend the day at the beach, or whatever! They should MOVE IT BACK to a 10:00 am starting time! It was AFTER 11:00 pm, when they finally dropped the green flag. Considering that I have to work today, I could not stay up and watch the race! I recorded it, but really, what good does that do? I already know who won it, what happened, etc.! This RUINED my weekend, with regards to racing! Thanks for NOTHING, NASCAR!
Old 6 Jul 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3556143)   #341
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sure was a huge shunt, Harvicks fault for wrecking Hamlin on the finish line perhaps?

Dale Jnr sure is the best at keeping cars behind on these plate tracks...

Top 17 in points...

Kevin Harvick - 656
Dale Earnhardt Jnr - 593
Jimmie Johnson - 589
Joey Logano - 581
Martin Truex Jnr - 569
Jamie McMurray - 526
Brad Keselowski - 520
Kurt Busch - 508
Matt Kenseth - 501
Jeff Gordon - 500
Kasey Kahne - 496
Denny Hamlin - 480
Paul Menard - 480
Ryan Newman - 472
Clint Bowyer - 465
Aric Almirola - 441
Carl Edwards - 408
Old 6 Jul 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3556181)   #342
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Are they seriously doing this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
They were stupid to move this race, from it's traditional starting time, 10:00 am. It RAINS in Florida, EVERY afternoon/evening in July! THAT is why it was always scheduled early, on the 4th of July! They could run and complete the race BEFORE the afternoon/evening rains came and also before the heat of the day! Being that it was only a 400 miler, because it was completed early, there was also ample time for everyone to spend the day at the beach, or whatever! They should MOVE IT BACK to a 10:00 am starting time! It was AFTER 11:00 pm, when they finally dropped the green flag. Considering that I have to work today, I could not stay up and watch the race! I recorded it, but really, what good does that do? I already know who won it, what happened, etc.! This RUINED my weekend, with regards to racing! Thanks for NOTHING, NASCAR!
After a very busy and "hard" weekend , I laid down in the bed last night, after seeing how wet it was hours earlier and thought it wouldn't go until today, I turned on the TV to find out they were on lap 30 at midnight EST. I thought "you've got to be kidding" and proceeded to pass out after 2 laps.

After finding out they were doing Sunday night in lieu of Saturday night, I thought it would've better to do a double header Saturday w/ Xfinity Seris. Hindsight now says that was indeed the better choice, but I am sure they won't do this again, or will they? They continue to clout this type of "racing" as great and they are going to kill someone soon. Glad Dillon is OK and glad JR has got another win, but that was a disaster of a weekend. Women's soccer was better than this
Old 6 Jul 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3556211)   #343
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It started circa 4am 'round these parts. Me watching this live wasn't on the cards, that's for sure.

Well done young Earnhardt.

Dillon's crash was bone chilling and I'm surprised and relived it didn't have more lasting consequences.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3556463)   #344
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just saw an interview with Dillon on good morning America and first, when nascar is one of the top stories on GMA, that ain't good, but there were some pretty harsh comments quoted from Jeff and Newman, with Jeff saying he's happy he has only one more plate race.

I am driving past Talladega today and hoping to convince the wife to take the boys to the international motorsports HoF instead of some dinosaur thing in Gadsden (which I know they'll like better), but I am left to wonder what, if anything these clowns will do with 'dega and the "world center of racing". Like their mentality, these tracks are dated and it's time for a change to what should have been a temporary solution in the late 1980s. Think about that for a second. This fix was slapped on the cars and nearly three decades later and nothing has changed. Innovation at its finest.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3556470)   #345
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436274735287.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	45441

They do sensationalize, but is this how nascar wants to make the front page?
Old 7 Jul 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3556484)   #346
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Attachment 45441

They do sensationalize, but is this how nascar wants to make the front page?
It's stupid that it is front page news to begin with.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3556490)   #347
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Easy to pick on the "South" these days and what else they gonna throw up there on a Tuesday, but agreed.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3556510)   #348
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am driving past Talladega today and hoping to convince the wife to take the boys to the international motorsports HoF instead of some dinosaur thing in Gadsden
That's a great stop ! May be fun to see if they have track tours going on.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3556511)   #349
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a great front page photo for the sports and entertainment section. Not for the newspaper.

(Ha, in Uruguay football often gets front page photos. But it's more relevant here than Nascar there.)
Old 7 Jul 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3556515)   #350
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That's a great stop ! May be fun to see if they have track tours going on.
Dinosaurs won.

Next time.