Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Mar 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2406433)   #201
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly_Goo View Post
A pic of the advertisement.. One wonders how they will pull a sponsor with bad spelling mistakes...

In the same paper today...

Maybe Mr Verdnik reads the forums?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Mar 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2420796)   #202
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So from the grid it appears that Mr Verdnik was not able to come up with the funds.

Some questions (genuine) after one round.

1. Where is Mr Fisher in the development series
2. The change to the engines etc. was a fairly big one for everyone, does anyone have a list of who is doing each teams engines?
3. Are there any other teams/cars on the sidelines waiting to join in?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2420807)   #203
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK Andrew Fisher is only doing selected rounds whilst also campaigning the Ute.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2420858)   #204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Intolerant View Post
So from the grid it appears that Mr Verdnik was not able to come up with the funds.
I thought it was interesting that Mr John Verdnik owns the 2 cars run by Jay Motorsport, and neither unit had his son at the wheel...
Old 26 Apr 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2449853)   #205
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Could this be the next wave of Fujitsu Series driver?

This is Nathan Assaillit behind the wheel of the same ex-Waldock EF Falcon that Damien learned the trade. Out at Morgan Park on the weekend he kept getting closer and closer to the pace after previously having only run in it at Queensland Raceway.

Also, good to see an old car still plugging away, I'd imagine there wouldn't be many if any other EFs out there that weren't turned into ELs. Before this car went to Partington Race Prep, it was a part of Stephen Voight's sizable stable.

Photo as lifted from http://www.contactingpr.com/motorspo...lery-mp02.html
Old 26 Apr 2009, 21:05 (Ref:2450178)   #206
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse my ignorance but I don't get it, 'Could this be the next wave of Fujitsu Series driver?' Damien is already in the series and has been for two years???
Old 26 Apr 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2450186)   #207
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but driving is his younger brother Nathan.
Old 26 Apr 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2450191)   #208
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Yes, but driving is his younger brother Nathan.
Ahh My bad, I didn't even see the Nathan bit, I just saw Assallit.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 03:40 (Ref:2450345)   #209
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post

Could this be the next wave of Fujitsu Series driver?

This is Nathan Assaillit behind the wheel of the same ex-Waldock EF Falcon that Damien learned the trade. Out at Morgan Park on the weekend he kept getting closer and closer to the pace after previously having only run in it at Queensland Raceway.

Also, good to see an old car still plugging away, I'd imagine there wouldn't be many if any other EFs out there that weren't turned into ELs. Before this car went to Partington Race Prep, it was a part of Stephen Voight's sizable stable.

Photo as lifted from http://www.contactingpr.com/motorspo...lery-mp02.html
The chassis is owned by the Assaillits isnt it? Could be a good starter for the Shannons series??

Where are the Hard Yakka ladies Mr Waldock used when he had this car at Bathurst. Sometimes they showed off their yakkas too...
Old 27 Apr 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2450349)   #210
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I remember those yakkas from the parade lap at Bathurst were published in Motorsport News... but those were the days before internet forums, so they got away with it

It would an Assaillit owned beast, at least log book wise.

Nathan has taken the same route as Damien by starting out in the ex-Brett Peters Subaru WRX before moving on to the EF.

Another interesting aside from the weekend was the first race win for Ryan Hansford, older brother of Rhys who ran in the utes last year, and of course son the late great Gregg Hansford. Ryan had Fujitsu team owner Rod Dawson helping him out over the weekend, although I'm not sure if Ryan has aspirations to go to the big time, but there is obviously some talent there...