Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1268608)   #26
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks FAB
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1268611)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Apr 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1268640)   #28
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one thankyou.

Oh and I remembererd another vehicle, Mark Eddy's 911.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 00:19 (Ref:1269348)   #29
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aussie Sports car series

DRT raises question of cars and I have been told the 3 Lambos are for sale, the Wagg car has not been repaired from Indy crash,Crick & French Vipers could race if they choose to,Hills car has been sold and appears on list, Eddy is on list, Teulan is racing overseas , Monaros are in ineligible.PHR GT3 has gone overseas. That is all I can remember.So for any Sports/GT series who else do you expect to see?

Last edited by silver 2; 4 Apr 2005 at 00:26. Reason: ommission/mistake
Old 4 Apr 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1269351)   #30
silver 2
Racer

DRT raises question of cars and I have been told the 3 Lambos are for sale, the Wagg car has not been repaired from Indy crash,Crick & French Vipers could race if they choose to,Hills car has been sold and appears on list, Eddy is on list, Teulan is racing overseas , Monaros are in ineligible.PHR GT3 has gone overseas. That is all I can remember.So for any Sports/GT series who else do you expect to see?
Old 4 Apr 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1269759)   #31
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 2
Hills car has been sold and appears on list, Eddy is on list, Teulan is racing overseas , Monaros are in ineligible.
Sorry missed Eddy on the list, great to see him out racing again as I sore last year he had his car for sale.
Who did Hills sell his RS to.

Also what OS championship is Teulan racing ?

Other cars that came to mind include :
- Peter Floyd Porsche 911
- Palmer Honda
- Jaguar (Bob Thorne) old, but please someone give it a run
Old 5 Apr 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1270361)   #32
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Floyd Porsche is on display in his Ferntree Gully Kawasaki dealership - hasnt moved in a while.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1270860)   #33
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and probably wont be as its for sale, he's busy racing his commodore in APCC.

Last edited by mixxer; 5 Apr 2005 at 13:52.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 10:31 (Ref:1274531)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

Flicking through V8 Central and found this quote from John Good (President of Marque Sportscar Racing Victoria and Vice-President of the Sportscar Racing Association of Australia.)
"In conjunction with the NSW & Qld state bodies I want to see all the state series cars being unimpeded to run beyond their state boundaries.Combined with the cars that have been left with no place to run from Porsche Cup, Nations Cup, the GTP Sportscars plus potential FIA GT & NGT and the new cars gives us a incredible pool of cars to make a sensational racing class."

Sounds pretty intruiging. The thought of having FIA GT1 vehicles running around is a great thought, but I cant see any vehicle of this nature being raced in Aus. I love to see a few GT2 (N-GT) vehicles ran during 2005, I see theres couple in the entry so far.

Also race format for Round 1 Winton April 30 - May 1 is 2 x 10 laps plus 1 x 14 lap.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 10 Apr 2005 at 10:32.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1274756)   #35
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am i missing something???

Has the GT/Porsche Drivers Championship folded, or still on?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 00:22 (Ref:1275163)   #36
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Sounds pretty intruiging. The thought of having FIA GT1 vehicles running around is a great thought, but I cant see any vehicle of this nature being raced in Aus. I love to see a few GT2 (N-GT) vehicles ran during 2005, I see theres couple in the entry so far.
Not while the balance of power is still in AVESCO's hands.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1275164)   #37
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is the Coopers/MCR Ferrari 550GT, depending on what has happened with it (was for sale wasn't it)
Old 11 Apr 2005, 03:13 (Ref:1275191)   #38
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
Am i missing something???

Has the GT/Porsche Drivers Championship folded, or still on?
It appears that they have aall merged into this Intermarque Challenge National Championship. See entry list www.intermarque.net

By all looks, it seems to be well thought out with benefits for all competitors
Old 11 Apr 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1275457)   #39
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Flicking through V8 Central and found this quote from John Good (President of Marque Sportscar Racing Victoria and Vice-President of the Sportscar Racing Association of Australia.)
"In conjunction with the NSW & Qld state bodies I want to see all the state series cars being unimpeded to run beyond their state boundaries.Combined with the cars that have been left with no place to run from Porsche Cup, Nations Cup, the GTP Sportscars plus potential FIA GT & NGT and the new cars gives us a incredible pool of cars to make a sensational racing class."
Wasn't that what the Tattersalls Series was supposed to be about?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1275595)   #40
D.R.T.
Veteran

From reading the information I quoted from above, I believe the Tattersals Series will still exist, with this championship an extension providing competitors to race in this class all over Australia.

To tell you the truth Im pretty excited by this hopefully in the future each class can build its strenght and they can run in their own races, but this is the first step and a very good one.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1275875)   #41
White Knight

Wasn't this whole thing suppose to kick off at Mallala this weekend and now its not? Same thing for F4000, which really means that not much has changed and both will struggle for numbers - shame really. It all sounds like Sports Sedans, the cars are out there but they won't come out play - no matter what!!!!!

Old 12 Apr 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1275941)   #42
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
I noticed they're just using the 2b rule book which makes it nice and easy (and quite fair) for everyone.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1275943)   #43
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
Wasn't this whole thing suppose to kick off at Mallala this weekend and now its not? Same thing for F4000, which really means that not much has changed and both will struggle for numbers - shame really. It all sounds like Sports Sedans, the cars are out there but they won't come out play - no matter what!!!!!

Intermarque challenge begins at Winton, it's predecessor (if you can call it that) was supposed to start at Mallala. F4K was always going to start at P.I.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1278058)   #44
D.R.T.
Veteran

http://www.cams.com.au/content.asp?P...e&ObjectID=540

CAMS gives go ahead for GT Championship and Porsche Drivers' Challenge

The Aus GT and Porsche Challenge Championships will kick off at Round 4 Phillip Island May 21-22.

"A great deal of consideration by both CAMS and the AMSC has been given to building a significant and sustainable sports car racing category with an international flavour and we are confident that the arrangements now in place will go a long way to securing its long term future here in Australia," said Tait.

Great news for the championship and GT fans. This does leave us with the interesting situation of having Intermarque Challenge and Aus GT/Porsche Challenege running on the AMRS all for similar machines.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1278829)   #45
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about those poxy Monaro's ? where have they ended up, blocking GMH doorway I hope.
Sorry but I never liked the way the rules were writen to allow the Monaro's in Nations cup.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1278879)   #46
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ross Palmer Monaro was sold off to a collector. I believe that the Yellow Monaro is still in the hands of Garry Rodgers but the last monaro to be built by Team Brock ithas slipped my mind to where it has gone.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 02:13 (Ref:1279366)   #47
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
Sorry but I never liked the way the rules were writen to allow the Monaro's in Nations cup.
Nor did almost everbody. What Aus GT is aiming a Sportscar championship without the aggro of Nations Cup. The eventual aim of this should be to run an Aus CHampionship for GT2 and GT3.

But Terry dont not watch this series beacause of the Monaro, that way it still wins.
Old 16 Apr 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1279434)   #48
TerryK
Racer

TerryK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nor did almost everbody. What Aus GT is aiming a Sportscar championship without the aggro of Nations Cup. The eventual aim of this should be to run an Aus CHampionship for GT2 and GT3.

But Terry dont not watch this series beacause of the Monaro, that way it still wins.
That's cool, I didn't have a problem with the other cars only the Monaro & the way the rules were writen in favour of it.
In the real world there is no way a Monaro would keep up with Ferrari's etc.

The red army were loving the Monaro winning.....sure if it had the 350 cid in place then perhaps but the 427....no way
Old 17 Apr 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1279911)   #49
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
That's the good thing about this years championship, a rule book that makes some sense.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1280133)   #50
silver 2
Racer

Chucky , what rule book is that ?