Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Apr 2015, 02:32 (Ref:3530870)   #276
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
given the murmuring in the 2016 SS thread regarding the proposed source of the third 888 REC for 2016, has there been word of dissent between the old and new guard at Emeri St, (outside the race shop proper, that is)?
Old 26 Apr 2015, 05:01 (Ref:3530880)   #277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dick Johnson Turns 70!!

And a history of the team... $700k a year from Jim Beam.. Wow!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Apr 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3530904)   #278
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
$700,000 shocked me, but $9.1 million floored me
Old 26 Apr 2015, 12:42 (Ref:3530909)   #279
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
$700K for naming rights sponsorship back then for two cars was pretty weak.

Even today, $700K for one car is still a purse string-tightening budget.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3531020)   #280
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
$700K for naming rights sponsorship back then for two cars was pretty weak.

Even today, $700K for one car is still a purse string-tightening budget.
$700k in the door, $800k out the door to the lead driver. And still 2 cars to pay for to run. That sounds like great economics.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 05:01 (Ref:3531084)   #281
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats a lot of t-shirts and hats to sell...
Old 27 Apr 2015, 05:18 (Ref:3531086)   #282
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Again with the Hungry Jack's story... My whopper was THIS big
Old 27 Apr 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3531115)   #283
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Again with the Hungry Jack's story... My whopper was THIS big
Why do you continually push this barrow about the Hungry Jacks deal seemingly every chance you get?
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3531174)   #284
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Why do you continually push this barrow about the Hungry Jacks deal seemingly every chance you get?
I am not the one who keeps printing it as supposed fact. It's just an old fishing story and nobody has bothered to check whether it has or ever had any veracity.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:33 (Ref:3531178)   #285
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I am not the one who keeps printing it as supposed fact. It's just an old fishing story and nobody has bothered to check whether it has or ever had any veracity.
Well.. depending who you believe.. the DJR connection to Hungry Jack's apparently came from a new-to-the-team management type who happened to, it was said, live next door to a state operations manager for the Competitive Foods group, the master franchisee for the Hungry Jack's brand in Australia.

The story was that this was the connection that secured the windscreen branding formerly on some utes, then on different V8Supercars in different seasons. Note that the brand has been at PMM, DJR & WP so far.

Now, whether the plan to secure the significant dollars required to run the 2 car DJR team at full economic cost ever got to Mr Cowin's door is where the fact & fantasy seem interwoven.

That said, the teams that have had Hungry Jack's branding have shown plenty of effort going into activating the sponsorship with personal appearances by team members, drivers and occasionally a show car at different stores around the country, so its not like the brand hates the sport when they keep coming back, albeit in a small way..

The thing that is most interesting about the Hungry Jack's interest is that WP hasnt managed to convert the backing into a major, full car deal. You might have imagined given their previously demonstrated capacity to leverage sponsors coming from other teams, that this would have been a slam dunk... if the opportunity was ever as truly possible as it was originally presented in various DJR articles.

Presuming any of this actually happened

Old 29 Apr 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3531840)   #286
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Presuming any of this actually happened

Another fairy tale by Mr GTR? More than likely with no verification of facts.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 05:18 (Ref:3532049)   #287
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Another fairy tale by Mr GTR? More than likely with no verification of facts.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3532170)   #288
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Yes, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. I don't know where he gets this idea that telling mythical stories as he does contributes to the debate here. It is like trying to be king of the kids or some such thing.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:22 (Ref:3532171)   #289
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yes, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. I don't know where he gets this idea that telling mythical stories as he does contributes to the debate here. It is like trying to be king of the kids or some such thing.
You are hilarious...
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:26 (Ref:3532173)   #290
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
You are hilarious...
Not to you I am not as I have called you on this type of behavior and no one else has. You seem to think it makes you a person of importance here.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3532175)   #291
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Not to you I am not as I have called you on this type of behavior and no one else has. You seem to think it makes you a person of importance here.
I still contend that you are immensely funny...

That sharing noise coming from different places about an apparently sacrosanct subject is somehow not allowed in your eyes.

I can tell who is getting worked up here, and I can promise you my side of the keyboard is too busy laughing at the futility of your continued attacks on me to be concerned about your unproductive contributions.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3532177)   #292
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
I still contend that you are immensely funny...

That sharing noise coming from different places about an apparently sacrosanct subject is somehow not allowed in your eyes.

I can tell who is getting worked up here, and I can promise you my side of the keyboard is too busy laughing at the futility of your continued attacks on me to be concerned about your unproductive contributions.
OK, stop laughing at me tell us, we are waiting.......

Why do you persist in posting mythical unfounded BS on this forum? It has always puzzled me but then I am pretty thick sometimes. I am sure it is to be seen as a clever all knowing person who thinks he can be one up on everyone else.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3532185)   #293
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Why do you persist in posting mythical unfounded BS on this forum? It has always puzzled me but then I am pretty thick sometimes. I am sure it is to be seen as a clever all knowing person who thinks he can be one up on everyone else.
That something is 'unfounded' to you, does that automatically make it impossible? That choice seems to be making your assertion of 'BS' as the pronouncement of yourself being the 'all knowing' one doesnt it?

Hence the amusement you provide..

Is it right? Is it wrong? Its some chat in the lane. Will the sun still rise tomorrow either way? So.. who cares, really..
Old 30 Apr 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3532390)   #294
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey there Casper, be careful mate or you will get deleted like I did some time back for not agreeing with every thing.

Presuming any of this actually happened.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3532392)   #295
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Casper, are you connected to one of the supercar teams in some way?
Old 1 May 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3532404)   #296
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 1 May 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3532470)   #297
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Hey there Casper, be careful mate or you will get deleted like I did some time back for not agreeing with every thing.

Presuming any of this actually happened.
As I did the same in the fat mythical cave.

presuming any of this actually happened.
Old 1 May 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3532478)   #298
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And look at all those fabulous posts forwarding discussion about DJR.

Any comments on the team performance today?
Old 1 May 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3532482)   #299
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
And look at all those fabulous posts forwarding discussion about DJR.

Any comments on the team performance today?
don't know, your facebook twitter not making any mythical assumptions.

presuming any of this happened.
Old 1 May 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3532505)   #300
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
from what i hear GTR is more than 50% right on this.

a bit more to it, but a reasonable summary