Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3079243)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Member AllonFS

Many of you will know AllonFS, a long-standing Tenths member and Le Mans devotee, who went to Le Mans on a number of occasions with Tenths founder Craig and was even a 'Tourist' with me in 2008. Bad 'family planning' ruled him out last year.

I've had a PM from Allon which he thought I might share with you all, particularly the longer-standing members who know him well. Rather than paraphrase, I'll quote him -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS
Hi Andrew, long time since we have been in touch. As you know I missed last year as we had a new baby and leaving my wife with an 8 year old and 8 month old was not really on!

Unfortunately I will not be coming this year either, this time for not such good reasons. My leukaemia from 5 years ago has returned and from next week I start a course of intensive (for that read bloody awful!) chemo which will eventually end up with a stem cell transplant which is a fairly major procedure with a long recovery time afterwards. I have been told to write off the rest of the year, but although my odds aren't as good as last time, my consultant is optimistic about the outcome.

I didn't want to post this on the forum as I such an infrequent visitor these days, but if you want to put something on or tell people who do know me I am happy for you to do that. At the very least I expect a toast on the Saturday lunchtime meet up!

Sorry to send you such a rubbish msg. I hope you are well and looking forward to Le Mans this year, although unless the Toyota is spectacular out of the box, I fear an Audi procession. And the less said about the Delta Wing the better!

All the best
Allon

I'm sure you'll all agree this is not the news we wanted to hear. I fervently hoped that Allon was well and truly through the very difficult time he and his family had 5 years ago and I know you'll all be as disappointed as I am to hear that Allon is going to have to go through it all again.

Certainly my thoughts are with him and his family that he gets through this OK with as little pain as possible and although prayer is a slightly difficult thing for me, I suspect there are plenty here who won't have that problem. The rest of us will keep him in our thoughts and I know we will most certainly raise a glass to him at that place he loves just like the rest of us.

Get well Alan - that's an instruction!
Old 25 May 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3079254)   #2
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
it's indeed quite sad news, certainly not the one we wanted to hear

Allon is such a nice bloke
all we can do is wish him strengh, raise our glass in june, and already plan for meetings in Le Mans in future years, for celebrating his come back
Old 25 May 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3079255)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That is not the sort of news anyone wanted to hear meet Allon at many of the earlier meets and I hope we will meet again next year, if you read this my thoughts are with you and your family
Old 25 May 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3079256)   #4
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Obviously I am not the most experienced 10/10's member and therefore do not know Allon but I still think this just terrible news and wish him well and also pray for a speedy recovery for him.

Good Luck Allon,
Adam.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 25 May 2012, 19:43 (Ref:3079275)   #5
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many thoughts to you and your family Allon. I Wish you a lot of strength and a quick recovery to see you soon.

Eric
Old 25 May 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3079278)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I wish allon a full and speedy recovery ..... possibily we can meet up next year(allon too) at the 10/10ths meet up and toast his good well being .

Prayer on the way
Old 25 May 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3079287)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best wishes to Allon and his family.
Old 25 May 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3079290)   #8
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Allon, best wishes for a quick recovery. We know your mind is strong. We will have a thought for you and your family at the meeting.
Old 25 May 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3079320)   #9
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Here's to a speedy and complete recovery Allon, however distant that may seem just now.
You will be in all our thoughts from now on and those luckier ones among us will raise a glass to you before the race on June 16.
Bon courage!
Old 26 May 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3079342)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
The sort of news that really puts everything we talk about on here in proper context and reminds us of what's really important.

Very much in my thoughts and with my best wishes.
Old 26 May 2012, 03:50 (Ref:3079351)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shocking piece of news. So sorry to hear you've got to kick this thing into touch again Allon. Thoughts are, of course, with you and yours, and yes, we shall most certainly raise a glass to you on the Saturday.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery,
James
Old 26 May 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3079354)   #12
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Wishing a good Recovery !!
Old 26 May 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3079357)   #13
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Sad to hear Allon, my best wishes and prayers go out to you in this time.

Here's hoping you can give luke a good kick up the behind and continue on life's journey.

You may not be there in the flesh but you will be at Le Mans in spirit. All the best.
Old 26 May 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3079365)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What awful news, get well soon Allon.
Old 26 May 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3079375)   #15
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Hope you will be well again soon, all the best!
Old 26 May 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3079473)   #16
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I haven't had the pleasure to meet Allon or interact with him online. But if he's anything like the rest of the guys here, and judging by the responses he is, Allon is a quality person. Good luck and best wishes, Allon, to a speedy and full recovery.

-Robert
Old 17 Jun 2012, 15:07 (Ref:3093685)   #17
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
I haven't had the pleasure to meet Allon or interact with him online. But if he's anything like the rest of the guys here, and judging by the responses he is, Allon is a quality person. Good luck and best wishes, Allon, to a speedy and full recovery.

-Robert
Likewise, hopefully Allon will have a swift recovery!
Get well soon!
Old 27 May 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3079855)   #18
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!

Hi guys, just wanted to say a quick thanks and how much I appreciate the kind words and best wishes. I'm in tomorrow for my first week of chemo and from then on timescales are based on how I respond to each bit of treatment, although I'm hoping to spend Le Mans weekend at home so I can watch as much of the race as possible!

I'll try and drop in here from time to time to let you know how things are going. In the meantime I hope everyone going to the race this year has a great time and fingers crossed that I can hopefully see you all again next year.

Best wishes and thanks again
Allon

P.S. A particular thank you to Aysedasi for starting the thread - cheers mate.
Old 27 May 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3079887)   #19
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be thinking of you mate. I've some great memories of Arnage campsite, and I remember and appreciated your concern when I was ill.

Wishing you all the very best in the coming months, and here's to a triumphant return to trackside in 2013.
Old 27 May 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3080085)   #20
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Get well soon Allon.
Think positive and the positive will come.
Old 31 May 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3082801)   #21
JasonM3
Rookie

United States
Berkeley, CA
JasonM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you get well soon, Allon. Cheers and prayers from California!
Old 1 Jun 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3083576)   #22
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Dearly hope you win the fight !

Greetz from Holland here to you AllonFS.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 00:26 (Ref:3092896)   #23
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
not much words for now, just a picture

Old 17 Jun 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3093083)   #24
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Just mentioned on RLM!!! ten-tenths and allonfs!

Get well soon AllonFS!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3093211)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Can't see the photo so you might want to try again with a larger one!

Bad news from here in the UK, Allon was taken into hospital yesterday and there is no satelite TV or internet there so he is gutted that he will miss the entire race. He's in good spirits other than that.