Old 4 Sep 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2950835)   #1
hellblade
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
hellblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 (free)Spare Lemans 6hr tickets

Hi all

Ive accidentally been posted a second set of tickets (2) for the lemans 6 hour stunt at silverstone for next weekend, if anyone wants them please let me know (im only going to give them back at sign on friday) and we can arrange something, first come first served basis - post on here first

Thanks

Luke
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2950983)   #2
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblade View Post
Hi all

Ive accidentally been posted a second set of tickets (2) for the lemans 6 hour stunt at silverstone for next weekend, if anyone wants them please let me know (im only going to give them back at sign on friday) and we can arrange something, first come first served basis - post on here first

Thanks

Luke
Think you should do the right thing and hand them back anyway to the organisers. We all make mistakes, but it doesn't give you the right to make a second one.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2950989)   #3
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Retired should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Think you should do the right thing and hand them back anyway to the organisers. We all make mistakes, but it doesn't give you the right to make a second one.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2951051)   #4
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
unless this is like goodwood fos moving ms or f1 where theres only more of an invitation and limited-orientated selection process i dont see the harm in giving a couple of speccies or marshals the chance to go...
Old 5 Sep 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2951060)   #5
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
unless this is like goodwood fos moving ms or f1 where theres only more of an invitation and limited-orientated selection process i dont see the harm in giving a couple of speccies or marshals the chance to go...
The Guest pass given to Marshals by most clubs is a courtesy, a way of saying thank you for the services we give freely - usually for the love of Motorsport. AFAIK, The ratio is 1 Guest pass to 1 Marshals pass. If extra passes are sent out in error, they should not be seen as "freebies". Anyone who wants to volunteer for an event is free to do so via the club and receive passes in the usual way, that way the CM knows who is coming, and can sort out post allocations, remember we are not talking about someone who discovers late on Thursday that they are suddenly free to work a weekend. Where time allows - volunteering should be done in the normal way rather than by someone "donating a couple of extra passes that they just happen to have"

Passes sent out in error are not the legitimate property of the recipient to donate elsewhere. They should be returned with a brief note explaining that a duplicate has occurred, which may help the club correct a problem in its procedures. The procedures are there and should be followed in the same way as we should follow them when on post. This is entirely different to a Marshal donating a spare pass that they are not using to someone else.

Speccies are always free to pay for their sport.... or volunteer and join the Orange Army.

Just My Opinion.. YMMV.
Old 5 Sep 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2951069)   #6
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYankee01 View Post
you are missing the point

organisers give marshals a ticket for their entry and often a second for a guest

the fact that the organisers appear to have sent a second set in error does not mean that these "spare" tickets can be just given away to whoever for whatever reason you seem to think is reasonable - it would be good practice and polite to return the "spares" in this sort of situation to the organisers and certainly shouldn't be seen as an opportunity to take advantage of a "clerical error"

Dave
Old 5 Sep 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2951074)   #7
Peter Scillitoe
Racer

North Korea
Peoples Democratic Republic of Medway
Peter Scillitoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblade View Post
Hi all

Thanks

Luke
As a fellow marshal, I hope that you will do the correct thing and hand them back to the organising club. As an occasional senior club marshalling official, if I caught this being done at any meeting in which I was involved, at the very least words would be said and probably even firmer action taken. I'm sorry, but this is unethical, dishonest and puts all marshals in a very bad light. Nuff said
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2951097)   #8
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In addition to what others have said, a quick phone call or email to the Chief Marshal to explain the situation might help as well - especially if he has you listed twice on his post listing!!
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2951099)   #9
hellblade
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
hellblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aye fair enough, it was my intention to hand them back in anyway just trying to do a fellow marshal a favour.