Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Apr 2000, 13:16 (Ref:6705)   #1
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Colin Edwards has taken provisional pole for rd2 of the World SBK. Troy Corser on the Aprilia is the best placed Australian and is favourite (as usual) to take Superpole yet again. Fogarty is third and Haga 4th to make it 4 different makes on the front row, and 8 different makes in the top 10 with Gobert on the Bimota in 10th.

Aaron Slight was at the track but not racing, but it is said he looked well, which is good news. Crafar is 8th on the grid.

Australian Andrew Pitt has taken provisional pole in the SuperSport race.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 23:18 (Ref:6707)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go Aussie go!!

I havent seen all of both races yet...waiting for one of the countless Fox replays....but i thought Fox did a good job of it (what i saw)...
Old 23 Apr 2000, 09:13 (Ref:6706)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems that it was the Go-show times 2 today down at Phillip Island with both Anthony Gobert taking Bimota's first win in a number of years in SBK and also Aaron Gobert winning the 250 Production race from pole position.

Corser once again had pole position after superpole. But the first race belonged to Gobert after rain delayed the start. Gobert, on full wets, stormed through the field and pulled away at about 10s per lap for the first 5 or so laps and then backed off to win comfortably from Carl Fogarty by about 30s. Apart from a few spills a reasonably uneventful race as everyone was being rather cautious in the slippery conditions.

The second race was more interesting with a good battle for a few of the placings as riders moved up and down the field as the track dried, depending on tyre choice. The race was marred though by a crash involving Carl Fogarty when he tried to go around the outside of Ulm into turn 3 and Ulm moved across to take the corner not seeing Foggy. This meant Foggy ran into Ulm and went off the track taking a tumble and breaking his collarbone. Corser came through to win the race when it was stopped short due to more rain falling on the circuit. Haga now leads the championship from Edwrards and Corser.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 12:13 (Ref:6708)   #4
elephino
Veteran

10s coverage of the first race was very good, but there were some strange gaps in the second race where riders moved about a lot but it wasn't mentioned or caught on camera.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 22:41 (Ref:6709)   #5
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What sort of coverage do you guys get? In Britain we get live coverage from the drop of the flag on race 1 to the end of the sidecar race including supersports. Something like four hours non-stop viewing. Are we being spoilt? Oh, yes, we get superpole too. Anyone want to emigrate to Pommiland!
Old 25 Apr 2000, 06:03 (Ref:6710)   #6
elephino
Veteran

We get 2 hours of delayed coverage...delayed by up to 2 days.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 08:09 (Ref:6711)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe, well ive got Fox and we got the whole 2 days live...woo hoo, and a heao of replays.

2 things:
Is Fogarty all right?

Do you think Ducati are happy they ditched Corser and Bostrom is running at the back?
Old 25 Apr 2000, 23:12 (Ref:6712)   #8
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foggy is supposed to have broken the bone in his arm that joins the collar bone to the spine. It has been pinned, etc and is expected to take about 2 months to heal. That doesn't mean it will be 2 months until he races again. I feel he may not race again this year and could even retire. Ducati seem to be way off the pace this year compared to the opposition and I think Corser on a Ducati would have been a bad thing. I'm glad he made the move. More power to him. He made the right move with a push from Ducati. Revenge tastes so sweet!
Old 25 Apr 2000, 23:50 (Ref:6713)   #9
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't agree with you more on Troy.His best move in years.Go Aprilla!!!!
Old 27 Apr 2000, 01:43 (Ref:6714)   #10
IAM
Rookie

IAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get Fox as well about a dozen of them on the Satellite, however, with so many Fox stations and replays I never know if what I'm watching is live

But, Allen you seem to have the best of it...you get the SIDECAR racing and that's what I really miss. It's a shame (for me)(probably a relief for you) that your TV system is PAL/SECAM and mine is NTSC.

Ian
Old 27 Apr 2000, 12:27 (Ref:6715)   #11
elephino
Veteran

I think Corser is really enjoying beating Ducati on the track after the way he was treated at the end of last year.
Old 27 Apr 2000, 23:40 (Ref:6716)   #12
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure he's enjoying it!

More standup wheely's for Troy!!!!!!