Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jul 2017, 09:51 (Ref:3753027)   #2351
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I believe one careful owner
What's her name then.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 10:19 (Ref:3753032)   #2352
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Mrs Smith
Old 20 Jul 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3753038)   #2353
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Many happies, young David!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3753124)   #2354
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, even if you dont take care of your dandelions one day or another…
Hence the french expression: manger les ****enlits par la racine And dont even expect the one who know to tell you how it tastes !
Old 20 Jul 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3753126)   #2355
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, even if you dont take care of your dandelions one day or another…
Hence the french expression: manger les ****enlits par la racine And dont even expect the one who know to tell you how it tastes !

I have been told it is possible to make stinging nettle soup, but I am not trying that one either!!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3753127)   #2356
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I have been told it is possible to make stinging nettle soup, but I am not trying that one either!!

By the way Gerard, have you seen in the news the curious yellow stuff that has been washing up on the beaches along le Cote d'Opale?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3753138)   #2357
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
C'on John, please stop teasing me. My first answer could be something like "tourists coming from far east" but I know I've better stand quite and say paraffin… Too many surfers may be!!!
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3753139)   #2358
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I can't imagine Bauble's reaction if you mention any pollution on french beaches. Lets wait a bit it won't be long… Robert, la question de Jean est la suivante: what is this yellow stuff found along the French shore?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 17:56 (Ref:3753145)   #2359
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can't imagine Bauble's reaction if you mention any pollution on french beaches. Lets wait a bit it won't be long… Robert, la question de Jean est la suivante: what is this yellow stuff found along the French shore?
In England we call it sand
Old 20 Jul 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3753147)   #2360
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Out of interest, what do they call it in the rest of the United Kingdom?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3753148)   #2361
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, you're in great shape! By the way, why did you invent a name for a thing you have so few ?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3753163)   #2362
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:

I should have put money on it because I just knew you would say that.

...and no, it isn't sand. Presumed to be something dumped by a passing ship.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3753165)   #2363
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
C'on John, please stop teasing me. My first answer could be something like "tourists coming from far east" but I know I've better stand quite and say paraffin… Too many surfers may be!!!

It may only be a coincidence that the Chinese Navy has recently passed through.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3753168)   #2364
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So, no more credit card surcharges from Jan 2018! Great news for when booking flights and ferries.....

But- How long before the companies and organisations charging at the moment find another way of getting the extra dosh out of us?
My first thought was they'll increase prices, simples innit.
Old 20 Jul 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3753173)   #2365
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Out of interest, what do they call it in the rest of the United Kingdom?
Who cares? Is Yorkshire in England or Bangladesh?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3753190)   #2366
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Delicious, but you must only use the youngest, smallest leaves. Paradoxically the ones that sting like f**k.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 00:40 (Ref:3753214)   #2367
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Happy birthday David.
Thanks guys; spent the day putting engine and box in the Midget ready for Copenhagen Historic in a couple of weeks time :-)

Followed by a surprise visit to
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/events/te...egends-series/

'we are all aging pretty well'
Old 21 Jul 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3753239)   #2368
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Delicious, but you must only use the youngest, smallest leaves. Paradoxically the ones that sting like f**k.

Thank you, Colin, I'll take your word for it!

I do have ample stocks if you would like a shipment...
Old 21 Jul 2017, 05:20 (Ref:3753243)   #2369
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thank you, Colin, I'll take your word for it!

I do have ample stocks if you would like a shipment...
There's money to be made- One of the best English cheeses is Cornish Yarg, even though the green outer covering is actually nettle leaves...
Old 21 Jul 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3753245)   #2370
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just woke up and having a cuppa at my favourite place. Great to be alive . Shame it's bank holiday the only thin missing is bike ride to get the cwossonts from Stavelot
Old 21 Jul 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3753297)   #2371
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I see that the major traffic disruption on the A2 yesterday was caused by a 'Lorry Fire'. What didn't get mentioned until today was that its cargo was Lion Bars, and that most of the problem was molten chocolate, with resultant difficulty clearing it off the road....

Mmm, molten Lion Bars.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3753335)   #2372
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I see that the major traffic disruption on the A2 yesterday was caused by a 'Lorry Fire'. What didn't get mentioned until today was that its cargo was Lion Bars, and that most of the problem was molten chocolate, with resultant difficulty clearing it off the road....

Mmm, molten Lion Bars.
And I thought Hot Chocolate was a pop group.
Old 21 Jul 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3753336)   #2373
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Wasn't one of their songs called "It started with a crash"?
Old 21 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3753352)   #2374
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Bit modern for you, surely?
Old 21 Jul 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3753356)   #2375
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Bit modern for you, surely?

Are they not the beat combo that once sponsored Tony Chambers (?) in Formula Ford?
Closed Thread