Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1243956)   #1
GTjunkie
Rookie

GTjunkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminder: GT LIVE / JGTC on Speed Channel (This Sunday)

Just a reminder that "INSIDE GT LIVE" will premiere on Speed Channel this Sunday evening. This is NOT the full All-Star 200 mile race coverage. That will air in the second quarter of '05 as a 2 hour special.

This one-hour HIGHLIGHT show goes behind-the-scenes of GT LIVE, the ultimate tuner/import/sport compact related event of 2004, which took place last December at California Speedway.

Content includes the JGTC All Star 200 mile race (most of the show, about 22 minutes), the U.S. vs. Japan D1 Grand Prix shootout, the Falken Tire XDL (Xtreme Drifting League) segment, the Yokohama Tires GT Time Attack, go karts, RC cars, GT Ride and Drive, the garage walk, driver interviews, race queens and more!

If you missed GT LIVE, you will not want to miss this show. If you witnessed GT LIVE, you'll want to see this show to re-live the experience.

Check it out on Speed Channel this Sunday (March 6th) at 5:00PM PST/8:00PM EST. Check your local listings for confirmation, especially if you have Dish Network.

There are also four re-airs scheduled as follows:

March 6 (Sun) 11:00 PM PST
March 7 (Mon) 6:00 AM PST
March 7 (Mon) 3:00 PM PST
March 11 (Fri) 11:00 PM PST

Thanks for reading!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 03:03 (Ref:1246301)   #2
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yep i saw it yesturday, it was decent coverage but they could have covered more on the drifting and they postion listings for the gt race were always covering the screen so u couldn't see the cars, it could have been a lot better and it should have been like a 2 hour special
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1246837)   #3
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was there and it was one of the worst coverage I ever seen. There was no way to follow the race with it mixed with drifting and a reporter running around asking stupid questions to people.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1247222)   #4
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah somebody take out that Steve M guy. He was painful to watch. And why did they get people who knew little to nothing about the series to talk about it. There are people in th scene who can be on tv. the coverage did suck.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1247298)   #5
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually ur right the coverage blew. and the commentator during the race had just so much energy don't ya think lol god he sucked he was monotone the whole time. now alan decadinet (sp?) is pretty good. he covers sebring and lemans i remember when he did and exclusive technical overview of the prodrive 550 back in 2002 at sebring and then did a comparison between the prodrive 550 and rafenelli 550 at petit in 2002
Old 9 Mar 2005, 02:33 (Ref:1247311)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
As I watched the show I kept thinking somehow I had turned on the Video Hits or MTV version of it, instead of the SPEED TV version. I was sort of lost in the coverage. I might actually watch a show on drifting to find out more about it, but I really wanted to see more of the JGTC cars and race. Those cars are great fun to watch. I am a looney Mazda fan so that RX7 had me all jazzed up. I can't help but think that if an American promotor had decided to adopt this format, and add in some other competive makes, that they could have a hit on their hands.....those cars are fast and exciting to watch.

robert
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1248222)   #7
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well they will be back in December at California Speedway so make plans already.