Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jul 2008, 21:45 (Ref:2254852)   #1
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Prayers for a full and speedy recovery for Keith Jones (de Ferran pit crew)

...a full and speedy recovery for Keith Jones.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...TES01/80720012

jimclark
Old 20 Jul 2008, 22:54 (Ref:2254898)   #2
c6rfan34
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
c6rfan34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, prayers go out to him and his family. I was in the paddock two pits down from the De Farren pit when it happened. The fire was put out real quick. I saw him on the ground and then put into the ambulance. Couldnt tell the extent of his injuries as he was covered in the chemicals from the extinguisher.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2255059)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The report gives cause for optimism. Lets all hope for a full and speedy recovery for Keith.
Old 21 Jul 2008, 07:29 (Ref:2255070)   #4
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best of luck for Keith, lets see him on tract as soon as possible
Old 21 Jul 2008, 20:33 (Ref:2255494)   #5
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Best wishes to Keith for a speedy recovery from a very scary accident.

Ironically I was just watching a summary video of the 1985 Hockenheim 1000km race which saw major fires in the works Rothmans Porsche pits and in the Liqui-Moly Kremer 962 itself. The response of the safety workers was abysmal in both cases and the fires raged much longer than they should have. I think it's appropriate to point out just how far pitlane safety has come in 20 years, how excellent the level of response is now, and how crucial the mandatory nature of firesuits in pitlane are. This incident could have been a lot worse for Keith and for others, were we still stuck in 1985.

Last edited by cmk; 21 Jul 2008 at 20:36.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2255933)   #6
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From IMSA:

Those wishing to send cards or letters to Keith Jones, the fueler injured in the fire Saturday at Mid-Ohio, may send them to the following address:

Keith Jones
c/o de Ferran Motorsports
485 Southpoint Circle
Suite 900
Brownsburg, IN 46112

Wishing for a speedy recovery...
Old 30 Jul 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2260298)   #7
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I saw the accident happen and allthough ofcourse I too wish Keith all the best in recovering,I do think things are at least slightly exaggaterated here.
After all,the man was in complete fireretardant clothing,wearing a mask as well.
Allthough I think it's a good thing that standardprocedure is to take someone with possible fire injuries to the I.C.,I simply don't believe the man is in danger of his life. The fire around him was exstinguished in matter of a few loose seconds....
If anything,I reccon he'd be in more danger of toxic fumes from the amount of fuel,then the fire.

However,I do wish the dear man a speedy recovery,cause boy were they doing a good job up untill then!
Old 30 Jul 2008, 14:33 (Ref:2260347)   #8
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Anyone think that the chemical fire extinglisher could've done some harm-part of what screwed Niki Lauda up at the Nurbergring in '76 was noxious fumes from his burning Ferrari and the chemicals from the fire extinglishers.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2260431)   #9
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What kind of extinguishers do they use? I don't think they usually contain anything seriously harmful, at least today. Maybe in 76 they did.
Old 30 Jul 2008, 18:42 (Ref:2260462)   #10
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=GTfour]I saw the accident happen and allthough ofcourse I too wish Keith all the best in recovering,I do think things are at least slightly exaggaterated here.
QUOTE]

"Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the details for those of you who want to wire some money.
The routing number for the bank is 074000065 and the account number for the fund is 5386116985

If you have any questions, you can call Diane at the bank. Her number is 317 852 2427.
Latest on Keith is that they hope to remove his breathing tube in the morning, but he has a long way to go......Burns are nasty......... "

Above excerpted from a post on the series' board, Monday, July 28, more than a week after the incident. I suppose you know better then the medical staff....

Last edited by jimclark; 30 Jul 2008 at 18:45.

jimclark
Old 14 Aug 2008, 03:49 (Ref:2268817)   #11
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonesie heads home to finish his recovery. link

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 14 Aug 2008 at 03:59.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2269888)   #12
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
I saw the accident happen and allthough ofcourse I too wish Keith all the best in recovering,I do think things are at least slightly exaggaterated here.
After all,the man was in complete fireretardant clothing,wearing a mask as well.
Allthough I think it's a good thing that standardprocedure is to take someone with possible fire injuries to the I.C.,I simply don't believe the man is in danger of his life. The fire around him was exstinguished in matter of a few loose seconds....
If anything,I reccon he'd be in more danger of toxic fumes from the amount of fuel,then the fire.

However,I do wish the dear man a speedy recovery,cause boy were they doing a good job up untill then!
There's more to the story than you post and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you've never really dealt with fire injuries have you??? Granted now, his life is not in danger, but that wasn't the case at first. The fire was/is the greater danger than the fumes. One can only hope that his lungs weren't too badly damaged. The fire lasted 14 seconds and Keith ended up laying face down in the fire.

IMSA and the ALMS have issued new requirements for the equipment that fuelers, vent men and extinguisher men have to wear as a result of this accident. There's a reason for that.

Get well soon Keith.