Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jul 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2247086)   #126
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
This was the JWA car at Barcelona. Back then several people already noticed it looked like the Gigawave livery.

At Le Mans this car was in the Aston Martin Racing/Prodrive hospitality and look what car is now parked next to it at Spa...right, the Gigawave Aston Martin DBR9.

JWA confirmed it would not do Spa with the Porsche as they announced last year...but also said "Please be patient for news about the Aston Martin Vantage - you should expect the unexpected."
The Aston is not in Gigawave colours.

And I looked at the entry list this morning and over night this has appeared:

Class: GT2
Car #: ???
Flag: United Kingdom
Team: To be announced
Car: Aston Martin Vantage GT2
Tyres: Dunlop

Driver 1: TBA
Driver 2: TBA
Driver 3: TBA

Now to me that means James is bring the Aston to Spa, clues are: Flag shows as the Union Jack, Tyres are Dunlops and the Aston at Spa at the moment is decaled up as #93 which is what the car runs under in LMS.

It remains to be seen though if the Aston that races is going to me the AMR/Prodrive chassis that is currently at Spa or James chassis, which I don't think has been delivered yet.

Tom.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2247088)   #127
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enge will drive on the testday with the car

It isn't confirmed for the race indeed, but lets hope it will, with some other AMR drivers.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2247098)   #128
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88
Enge will drive on the testday with the car

It isn't confirmed for the race indeed, but lets hope it will, with some other AMR drivers.
Well I think they might want to get some of the 'regular' JWA Aston drivers into the Aston to give them more experience.

e.g. Alan van der Merwe

If they race it, that is.

Tom.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2247255)   #129
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit dissapointing to see only 12 GT1 cars, was hoping for atleast 15 for this one. Should be a great race non the less.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2247263)   #130
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
The Aston is not in Gigawave colours.
Looks more like the Gulf blue to me
Old 8 Jul 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2247266)   #131
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Sportscarguy08 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Who exactly is DKR please ?
All the info you need to know about the European Vette teams are found on this page Here

Hope this helps

And 15 cars were planned but after LAA pulled out its now 13. DKR might or might not run their C6R. They are on the entry list. I am awaiting confirmation now from the team....I will let you know as soon as I hear from them. Also the 8th driver for Phoenix is still undecided. Theres 2 candiates and the one at the test session is only testing....not official as of now.

I think the factory drivers might have had a shot at another seat, but they are factory run as opposed to the FIA drivers with their own sponsors, so its not as easy as signing up for a slot....they need to pay or have someone pay for the drive. Its about 20,000 or something like that to drive at Spa....not cheap.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2247277)   #132
c6rfan34
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
c6rfan34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't look like jet alliance made an appearance at the test day, but it looks like right now the corvettes have a leg up on everyone else. I found timing but it doesn't say which driver actually turned the times. Anyone know where i might find this?

Last edited by c6rfan34; 8 Jul 2008 at 16:37.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 17:06 (Ref:2247297)   #133
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Looks more like the Gulf blue to me
I think it is just a grey/blue colour and isn't meant to be anything, e.g. Gulf.

And they have been having a few problems today and the engine has been out of the car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_F...age_Moteur.jpg

Tom.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2247347)   #134
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the 550 ever plan to run at Spa? It's not on the list.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2247423)   #135
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscarguy08
All the info you need to know about the European Vette teams are found on this page
Cheers for that . ..... But it says " Corvette ZO6R is Built by: Callaway Competition , years built: 2006-present ,class/spec: GT3 ..

The SRT Corvette GT1 chassis is entered under the ZO6 mark , the others are C6R . The ZO6R is a GT3 car , so whats the differance between the SRT and Pheonix and Dk chassis ? Im a bit confused !!!
Old 8 Jul 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2247429)   #136
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No difference. The error is on the part of the writer. The DKR, SRT and Phoenix cars are all Pratt and Miller C6.Rs.
Old 8 Jul 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2247548)   #137
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

"In what could be a shock announcement for some it was also confirmed that all the cars that will be taking part in the 24 Hours will be placed in the new (F1) pit lane and that the start will no longer take place on the run down to Eau Rouge."

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!

"Aston Martin Racing took its Aston Martin Vantage GT2 to Spa for development testing, but only took part in the wet morning session. The car did 24 laps before coming into the pit and ended the first session in seventeenth place overall, ninth in GT2. It did not take part in the afternoon session and will not race in the Spa 24 Hours."

Tom.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2247625)   #138
Sportscarguy08
Racer

I second your BOOOOO. I will be there with the defending champs, and was my personal favorite part of the track. I will not enjoy being in the new pit garages. Lets hope they change. We should sign a petition

Anyone else think they need to keep the teams in the old garage?

Also i hear the new ones hold 45 cars. 55 entries are on the list, so they have to have atleast a few there....lets hope
Old 9 Jul 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2247630)   #139
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most recent update has Uwe Alzen as 8th Phoenix Driver.

DK
Old 9 Jul 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2247706)   #140
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
I second your BOOOOO. I will be there with the defending champs, and was my personal favorite part of the track. I will not enjoy being in the new pit garages. Lets hope they change. We should sign a petition

Also i hear the new ones hold 45 cars. 55 entries are on the list, so they have to have atleast a few there....lets hope
It sounds like it is going to be really cramped on race day.

And I don't get why the aren't using the whole pits lane, because it made it fun when it took a long time just to get to and from your pit box.

Tom.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2247828)   #141
gino
Racer

Germany
Berlin-Brandenburg
gino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
High res test day pics:

http://www.total24hours.com/htm/pict...r=0&GAL_ID=247
Old 9 Jul 2008, 11:34 (Ref:2247878)   #142
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read on this site:
http://www.racingworld.be/nieuws/552...ert-in-G3.html

That Bert Longin of PK motorsport wanted to test on the DKR C6R, could they might be leaving their Saleen behind? And will we have a even smaller GT1 field...
Old 9 Jul 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2247997)   #143
insanity_mc
Rookie

Belgium
near Zolder
insanity_mc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Test Day FIA GT @ Spa 08.07.08

We visited the Test Day yesterday; the skies really opened up in the morning hours, but in the afternoon the track drie out a bit.

Enjoy our gallery @ Motorsports-online.net

A few teasers for the fans:

Kind regards,

Insanity
Old 9 Jul 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2248046)   #144
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The FIA no longer allows the use of the old pit lane. The new pit lane is up to modern standards with screens between pit lane and track, the old one does not have that. And putting screens there would cost too much for a pit lane that is hardly used.

Next to that the pitboxes in the old pitlane are really small.

With all the teams on the new pitlane there is no need to use that old start/finish lines as the teams can not cheer their drivers coming across the line.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2248055)   #145
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I too second sportsguys's BOOOOO !
The new pitarea and new maingrandstand are buttugly,completely clinical and very boring for the spectator(apart from the pit action).

"The FIA no longer allows the use of the old pit lane."

The FIA also took care of wiping out the entire busstopchicane,aswell as fencing off the entire Blanchimont to the former busstopchicane footpath and in doing so,took away a few of the best vantage points to view the race from! The FIA no longer allows......is a line I've heard waaaay too many times in the late history of sportscar racing.

The FIA is responsible for the chicanes at Les hunaudiered at Le Mans,the FIA is responsible for flattening the hump at Les hunaudieres,the FIA is responsible for inflicting all kinds of nagging rules and changes concerning sportscars. Imo,the FIA are simply afraid of sportscars becoming too popular over their golden egg goose(F1) again!
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2248056)   #146
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice comments on a missing 550...
:|

It better race.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2248077)   #147
Sportscarguy08
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour
I too second sportsguys's BOOOOO !
The new pitarea and new maingrandstand are buttugly,completely clinical and very boring for the spectator(apart from the pit action).

"The FIA no longer allows the use of the old pit lane."

The FIA also took care of wiping out the entire busstopchicane,aswell as fencing off the entire Blanchimont to the former busstopchicane footpath and in doing so,took away a few of the best vantage points to view the race from! The FIA no longer allows......is a line I've heard waaaay too many times in the late history of sportscar racing.

The FIA is responsible for the chicanes at Les hunaudiered at Le Mans,the FIA is responsible for flattening the hump at Les hunaudieres,the FIA is responsible for inflicting all kinds of nagging rules and changes concerning sportscars. Imo,the FIA are simply afraid of sportscars becoming too popular over their golden egg goose(F1) again!

Nice to hear I am not alone. I just think its apart of the history there....who wants to see the finish on the new side? I was there in 2006 with a team, and LOOOVED the old vintage feeling of Spa. Especially the finish along the longer straight with the thousands of people. With the new area, only a few people who can see in the smaller stands.....i will be sure to visit that area during the race. How about the media centre? thats along the old straights as well.....
Old 9 Jul 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2248081)   #148
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nice to hear I am not alone. I just think its apart of the history there....who wants to see the finish on the new side? I was there in 2006 with a team, and LOOOVED the old vintage feeling of Spa. Especially the finish along the longer straight with the thousands of people. With the new area, only a few people who can see in the smaller stands.....i will be sure to visit that area during the race. How about the media centre? thats along the old straights as well.....
Media center is now in the new boat !
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2248090)   #149
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The media centre was already over the new pit area last year...bigger, but a blind wall on the side of the track. So you won't see anything from in there.

And as for the Ferrari 550 Maranello comments...the Argentine guys only planned 9 out of 10 events.
Old 9 Jul 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2248118)   #150
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346
I think it is just a grey/blue colour and isn't meant to be anything, e.g. Gulf.

And they have been having a few problems today and the engine has been out of the car.

http://www.endurance-info.com/2008_F...age_Moteur.jpg

Tom.
The car stoped at the end off the am test just near us... It was a gearbox/clutch noise. Thomas Enge was driving.