Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 19 Sep 2000, 18:57 (Ref:38042)   #1
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Repsol Honda team wants Valentino to join their team.But Nastro Azzuro isn't to happy with that,they want him to continue riding for them.

So where will this lead to?

In my opinion Rossi should stay with Nastro,because i think that Repsol wants to control Vale,so Criville can get WC again next year or does anybody think that Valentino will be first rider at Repsol?

Old 19 Sep 2000, 23:57 (Ref:38089)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if rossi went to repsol, he wouldnt play no.2 to criville, there would be no team orders....there were never team orders at repsol when doohan was there. personally i would like him to stay at nastro.
Old 20 Sep 2000, 10:17 (Ref:38131)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd prefer Rossi to stay with Nastro for at least another year as I don't think the Repsol team will have recovered from Doohan leaving next year. They really have missed the input from Doohan.
Old 20 Sep 2000, 11:08 (Ref:38137)   #4
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elephino i don't think that will be a problem because Vale did some developing on his own so Repsol could only profit from that.(and Criville!)
Old 28 Sep 2000, 23:26 (Ref:39889)   #5
Valentinik
Rookie

Valentinik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole Repsol/Nastro arguement is really only about sponsorship and what colour his leathers will be. His pit crew will be the same (Doohans old team) and he will still be riding the same bike as Alex. Vale is already considered Honda's number one rider as he is the man doing the test riding to develop the new bike, something Honda always trusted Mick to do. Also at the Suzuka Eight Hour race Alex rode in the scooter support race. I think you get the picture.
Old 29 Sep 2000, 10:14 (Ref:39944)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They go their own way and are virtually a separate team while still under the HRC banner.