Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2015, 16:52 (Ref:3547491)   #326
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Studio feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMblwD-rSQg

which has better audio quality and an onscreen timer for syncing
Old 11 Jun 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3547494)   #327
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
They mentioned that last night while John did a superb impression of a Mackem speaking clock, which cheered me up no end!

It's the little things like this that are much appreciated.
Old 11 Jun 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3547600)   #328
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
The pit walk this morning was fantastic; such a good show and really captured the atmosphere perfectly.

I've not been able to listen to that specific show (either home or trackside) in past years but will make a point of doing so even if I'm at the circuit in future ones; cheers Sam and Graham.
Old 12 Jun 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3547909)   #329
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Sam read off the tweet about the WR Garage 56 entry for 2017 from my phone.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 03:03 (Ref:3548253)   #330
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Studio feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMblwD-rSQg

which has better audio quality and an onscreen timer for syncing
How do you go about synching RLM with the Official WEC feed? I don't know how to pause either of them.

Thanks!
Old 13 Jun 2015, 04:21 (Ref:3548261)   #331
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
How do you go about synching RLM with the Official WEC feed? I don't know how to pause either of them.

Thanks!
Simply with the pause button of the Flash player.

That above link now points to the archived feed, if there is one for the race at all it will appear here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOC...bXxGtO0aiMGVbQ
Old 13 Jun 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3548347)   #332
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Is the RLM team sticking to RLM or is the intention for them to call the race through the WEC app as they did for Silverstone and Spa?
Old 13 Jun 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3548407)   #333
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WEC app has their own 4 person commentary team.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 13:34 (Ref:3548421)   #334
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Radio Le Mans 2013/2014/2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
WEC app has their own 4 person commentary team.

Yeah they just thought one of the Audis in the pits was the Hulkenberg Porsche. Yeah righto Stevie Wonder wouldn't make that mistake. I find the WEC commentary isn't that bad but I miss RLM.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3548491)   #335
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't be so bad if rlm wasn't completely devoid of natural sounds.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3548561)   #336
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, the rlm team is so much better than wec stream team.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3548609)   #337
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Who's on which at the moment (I'm on ES ATM)?

I'm always inclined to use whichever Paul Trusswell or Sam Collins are on though.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 16:29 (Ref:3548772)   #338
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Who's on which at the moment (I'm on ES ATM)?

I'm always inclined to use whichever Paul Trusswell or Sam Collins are on though.
I just can't stand Trusswell. There is something about the way he speaks that irritates me enormously. But maybe that's just me

e. and still I listen to RLM. Got tired of the WEC stream commentators who seemed a bit confused.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 16:31 (Ref:3548776)   #339
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Ha, for me he is the best situational analyst in motorsport commentary, he adds so much to races for me.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3549174)   #340
deggis
Veteran

Finland
All of the RLM feeds (rlm.com, studio feed & nissan feed) seem to have the same occasional signal interference so it must be something at the track. I hope they're aware of it.
Old 13 Jun 2015, 21:45 (Ref:3549242)   #341
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, Trussers is the #1 reason to listen to RLM for me, but generally speaking the quality of commentary outstrips the other options by some margin. I'm watching streaming Eurosport but listening to RLM commentary. The booth crew this year has been very good, with Sam Collins, Johnny Mowlem and Shea Adam all adding to the usual year-on-year crew. They need to fix that godforsaken Dalek interference issue in the pitlane though!
Old 14 Jun 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3549414)   #342
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Wouldn't be so bad if rlm wasn't completely devoid of natural sounds.
Often it is (I agree, takes too much away from the atmosphere) but not now , it's clearly matching the tv sounds. part problem might be the low audio quality of the regular stream on radiolemans.com, so listen to either of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrkR0FML8ZA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOC...bXxGtO0aiMGVbQ
Old 14 Jun 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3550393)   #343
Martin90
Racer

Netherlands
Martin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMartin90 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once again thoroughly enjoyed coverage this year! Quality stuff, as always. Cheers RLM team, keep it up!
Old 14 Jun 2015, 22:06 (Ref:3550501)   #344
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to the official count of how many times F1 was mentioned.

Good stuff this year. The race was good. Lots of different commentators all adding value. That's the bit that is really enjoyable. The staged stuff and the start and finish I can leave. Maybe it's just tired, maybe it's me, but each year I spend more time sound off.

Now I feel bad it's a slight downer there. Which is not my thoughts on the coverage as it was top.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 07:56 (Ref:3550633)   #345
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well would just like to add my congratulations to the RLM team, listened to even more than usual this year, so thanks to the entire team you all did an amazing job
Old 15 Jun 2015, 09:33 (Ref:3550651)   #346
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I thought Radio Le Mans where spot on this year and they did a fantastic job. They didn't seem to have as many guest's popping into the studio during the race as they have had in the passed.

On air there didn't seem to be as much interaction with the online listeners as there has been in the pasted, however the social media interaction was really interactive. I am not sure who was running the RSL_Studio Twitter feed but that was really funny at times.

I had studio vision on during the race and it was interesting to see the interaction between the team. Every time someone want to make a point the had went in the air like the where back at school....

For me there coverage was A+.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3550674)   #347
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've felt at times that RLM has missed a Titchmarsh-type character anchoring it all together but increasingly I feel like Johnny Palmer is taking on that role. He seemed to be on air more than anyone else and while others bring all sorts of other elements and talents to the table, he's probably the best in terms of pure commentary. One thing I've noticed as well is that he's not afraid to stop an interview with a guest if something is happening on track...

I didn't look at a timing screen once in the whole race but the team were excellent at running through the positions at regular intervals so I really didn't need to. I too noticed the fewer studio guests this year and it seemed to be replaced with more regular checks on the running order outside of the Audi Update and more time for Truswell to explain the patterns of the race.
Old 15 Jun 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3550707)   #348
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I'm looking forward to the official count of how many times F1 was mentioned.
Listening to a crackly Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning, the main point of discussion on the Sport section was Nico Hulkenberg's Le Mans win. They mentioned that this was an unusual achievement for a first-timer and how it used to be far more common to see contemporary F1 drivers cross disciplines in the days of Stirling Moss. Then they moved on to F1's current problems and the attempts to make the cars more exciting to watch, but not before comparing it to Le Mans and how sportscar racing seems to pretty much have its house in order at the minute.

I wonder how many letters of complaint the BBC will receive about comparisons being made between F1 and Le Mans. I counted around 5 in a 4 minute slot
Old 15 Jun 2015, 13:35 (Ref:3550746)   #349
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the whole RLM crew did a great job this year. I liked how they cycled people in and out on a regular basis and didn't just pair up a couple of people. I'm super impressed Paul stayed up throughout and kept us informed. He really helps me follow the race. Sam is great in the booth as well, and the new pit reporter Owen did really well. I'd give them top marks overall
Old 15 Jun 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3550835)   #350
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I didn't look at a timing screen once in the whole race but the team were excellent at running through the positions at regular intervals so I really didn't need to. I too noticed the fewer studio guests this year and it seemed to be replaced with more regular checks on the running order outside of the Audi Update and more time for Truswell to explain the patterns of the race.
On the other hand for people like me who exclusively follows the race through internet and streaming with live timing available all the time, that standings update is just a time to mute RLM and listen to the commentary on the tv feed instead. Also felt like not even a meteorite strike would have interrupted the Audi Update.