Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3646464)   #876
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is designing the new parts for the Erebus Commodore?
Erebus probably wants the replacement engineer to be based close by?
Old 2 Jun 2016, 01:52 (Ref:3646466)   #877
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dare say they're designs from early last year.

There was talk that back in the MB days, upper management insisted on having a large parts cache on hand at all times, which left them with a backlog of parts to get through over the course of three seasons, before new revisions could be produced. Fine if you're running 3 cars with adequate budgets, but not when it's just 2, on a shoestring...
Old 2 Jun 2016, 02:03 (Ref:3646467)   #878
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I dare say they're designs from early last year.

There was talk that back in the MB days, upper management insisted on having a large parts cache on hand at all times, which left them with a backlog of parts to get through over the course of three seasons, before new revisions could be produced. Fine if you're running 3 cars with adequate budgets, but not when it's just 2, on a shoestring...
There was mention that Erebus applied the roll bar control system from the Benzes onto the #9.. since they are all the same under the skin, maybe the #9 is a Benz with a new body & engine attached?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Jun 2016, 02:05 (Ref:3646468)   #879
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the outside looking in, and after the great result at Winton, it's one step forward, two steps back with this mob...
Old 2 Jun 2016, 02:27 (Ref:3646469)   #880
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Off contract, or did someone throw toys out of the pram?

Quote from the linked Article:

Quote:
“There’s no hard feelings with Campbell, it’s just a decision we had to make as we build for next year and the year after,” Ryan told supercars.com.
Old 2 Jun 2016, 10:39 (Ref:3646533)   #881
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Off contract, or did someone throw toys out of the pram?
Can't see this being anything but negative for Erebus.

Could this be lack of budget related?

Maybe he's off to DJR to run the third car...

Last edited by TWRv12; 2 Jun 2016 at 10:45.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3646798)   #882
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Praising the Gold Coast-based Little’s contribution to the team, Reynolds says that focussing Erebus’ efforts in Melbourne should bring longer term benefits.

“I really enjoyed working with Campbell, he’s a very smart guy,” Reynolds told Speedcafe.com.

“I like working with him, but as far as the team’s future goes I think they need someone that works at the factory five days a week.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/06/02/...hanges-erebus/
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3646800)   #883
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In motorsport they should be working at least 6 days a week, if not 7. Sounds like that might be part of the problem.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3646887)   #884
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought that the major part of the problem was that Erebus is now Melbourne based and Campbell Little is Queensland based. Presumably his choice not to move to Melbourne.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3655891)   #885
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The New Headquarters
Old 30 Jun 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3655895)   #886
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder if they measured the roller door to see if the truck can fit in...
Old 30 Jun 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3655896)   #887
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
:lol:

What is it with teams that are scratching for coin, leasing factories with the flash razzle-dazzle shop-fronts?
Old 30 Jun 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3655903)   #888
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And there was no suggestion that the current 'Russell Plan' of bringing car, driver & backing would be different next year either...
Old 1 Jul 2016, 03:58 (Ref:3656052)   #889
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
:lol:

What is it with teams that are scratching for coin, leasing factories with the flash razzle-dazzle shop-fronts?
You ever been Dandenong?? Every second factory looks like that down that part of the world....

Either rents was cheap, or Betty got a good price for the place...
Old 19 Jul 2016, 09:01 (Ref:3659548)   #890
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Newsletter
Tuesday 19 July

AR Racing has advised Erebus of their intention to end their agreement with Erebus Motorsport at the midway point of the 2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.

Erebus Motorsport was committed to fulfilling the agreement for the season but has been left with no option but to find a solution for its #4 REC (Racing Entitlement Contract) based on AR Racing's recent decision.

Barry Ryan, General Manager of Motorsport, expressed his disappointment at AR Racing’s decision, noting that the actions now being taken by Erebus are necessary to protect Erebus from further risk and cost to its own racing budget and program.

Erebus will contractually take control of the AR Racing chassis using its own engine lease deal with WR and is looking forward to announcing a new driver to work with the team, the #4 sponsor group and to support David Reynolds through the team’s rapid development phase.
Old 19 Jul 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3659560)   #891
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A Hungry Jack's Commodore
Old 20 Jul 2016, 03:07 (Ref:3659708)   #892
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez, be interesting if they bend that AR Racing owned chassis.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 05:11 (Ref:3659716)   #893
Umai Naa
Veteran

Some chatter about, that the Russells may re-acquire the car before the season is over.

My popcorn is on standby
Old 20 Jul 2016, 05:35 (Ref:3659718)   #894
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Ryan didn't take too kindly to James Phelps last night...
Old 20 Jul 2016, 06:00 (Ref:3659719)   #895
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
And I think rightly so. For a so-called servant of the sport that article was pretty sensationalist and clearly wrong.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 07:03 (Ref:3659722)   #896
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Here

A perfect opportunity not once but twice to share what actually happened, and Mr Ryan chose not to do so.

If the team management chooses not to share what is going on, all that is left is what others see, hear & feel...

Opportunity lost?
Old 20 Jul 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3659728)   #897
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A perfect opportunity not once but twice to share what actually happened, and Mr Ryan chose not to do so.
If you had an acrimonious split with someone, say in a relationship, is it appropriate to air the dirty laundry publicly?

I think as a team representative he did the right thing. Really nobody here owes us the facts - Barry was respectful and firm and left a lot of things unsaid, which I think good management should do at times.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 09:50 (Ref:3659735)   #898
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
[url=http://www.supercars.com/videos/castrol-edge-townsville-400-videos/coopers-mild-race-radio-kelly-slade-and-percat-townsville/?cat=default]

Opportunity lost?
Sorry GTR, have to disagree with you strongly on this - I reckon that Barry Ryan was very restrained with Phelps - although the underlying context to his comments directed at Phelps was along the lines of "you idiot" or something much stronger.

Airing dirty laundry is never smart and I actually think that Mr Ryan explained the situation really clearly. Whatever truth there may or may not be in the various gossipy rumours that have circulated about the sponsor relationship and car 4, talking openly on details of an alleged argument from one perspective is only going to embarrass the team, the sponsor and the sport, most likely end in a needless slanging match and possible legal consequences. Not smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
If you had an acrimonious split with someone, say in a relationship, is it appropriate to air the dirty laundry publicly?

I think as a team representative he did the right thing. Really nobody here owes us the facts - Barry was respectful and firm and left a lot of things unsaid, which I think good management should do at times.
Agree totally Mixer - that's where I'm coming from.
Old 20 Jul 2016, 23:16 (Ref:3659843)   #899
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Sorry GTR, have to disagree with you strongly on this - I reckon that Barry Ryan was very restrained with Phelps - although the underlying context to his comments directed at Phelps was along the lines of "you idiot" or something much stronger.

Airing dirty laundry is never smart and I actually think that Mr Ryan explained the situation really clearly. Whatever truth there may or may not be in the various gossipy rumours that have circulated about the sponsor relationship and car 4, talking openly on details of an alleged argument from one perspective is only going to embarrass the team, the sponsor and the sport, most likely end in a needless slanging match and possible legal consequences. Not smart.

Agree totally Mixer - that's where I'm coming from.
Agree with you and Mixer on this, however it would be awesome for someone to be able to put Phelps back in his box just once live on air!
Old 21 Jul 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3659848)   #900
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

When the tough questions were asked, we got a response that told us that Betty was considering quitting last year, that Erebus were looking to only run one car... a distraction...

There is a story there.. it isn't dirty laundry if the simple facts are laid out.

Erebus has proven (so far) to be nigh on terrible at communicating what is going on with them...

Here was an opportunity to clear the air and/or share what they wanted to share with the industry players, and the chance was not taken up

Getting poopy with Mr Phelps doesn't actually clear up anything. Telling him he is wrong doesn't actually add to the conversation without a counter response. Which didn't happen.

To me, Mr Ryan just looked aggro..

There is a lot more to this story, it sits somewhere in the middle of the 3 parties connected, Erebus, AR Racing & Mr Phelps...

The interview did nothing to forward that investigation..