Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Sep 2004, 06:56 (Ref:1106424)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grid for the Chinese Grand Prix

Michael Schumacher spins off in qualifying and starts last; Sato docked ten places for an engine change in qualifying.

Well done Massa!

Barrichello
Raikkonen
Button
Massa
R Schumacher
Alonso
Fisichella
Panis
Coulthard
Montoya
Webber
Villeneuve
Zonta
Heidfeld
Klien
Glock
Baumgartner
Bruni
Sato
M Schumacher
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1106427)   #2
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is probably seen as unsporting, but... Yes!!!!! Haha! Did you see the faces of the Ferrari crew members? Well, I for one don't feel sorry for them. It's about time they also had some bad luck!

What happened to Montoya? His lap didn't look at all good. Sir Frank Williams did not look too pleased! Well done to Ralf on his comeback, that qualifying lap looked solid.

Well done by Jacques in his comeback too, 4 tenths off Alonso was a good performance. The "well done, mate" heard on his pit to car radio shows the team is well pleased with him.

Well done to Massa too, though I suspect Fisichella is heavier than him.

Should be a great race tomorrow, with TGF starting from 19th I think (or the pits). RTL had Bruni at the back.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:20 (Ref:1106428)   #3
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting ! Ferrari bookends Watching TGF race through the pack should be fun . I have high hopes for this race..
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:41 (Ref:1106434)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me too... but who is game to be on anything but a Ferrari 1-2?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:47 (Ref:1106437)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fast95pony
Interesting ! Ferrari bookends Watching TGF race through the pack should be fun . I have high hopes for this race..
Mmmmm interesting,think how much TV time TGF will get whilst he carves his way through the pack with half of China watching. Cynical? Me? nah.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1106438)   #6
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's definately an interesting grid & will be an interesting race tomorrow & even if at the end of the day it happen's to be a Ferrari 1-2 it'll be great viewing watching Schumacher come though the field.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1106440)   #7
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montezemolo seemed to be quite amused by the situation. Or he didn't know wether to laugh or cry.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:24 (Ref:1106444)   #8
frederick
Rookie

frederick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
It's definately an interesting grid & will be an interesting race tomorrow & even if at the end of the day it happen's to be a Ferrari 1-2 it'll be great viewing watching Schumacher come though the field.
With Sato tucked-up under his rear wing,
hopefully he'll learn from michael, and then jump him on the last lap
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1106446)   #9
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Michael really mess up? Or was this one of his mock spins like at Silverstone prequally? Maybe he enjoyed Monza so much he wants to charge from the back again!

If it wasn't for Sato's bad luck, Flavios JV gamble would look like a waste of time.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1106453)   #10
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF should be ahead of Bruni unless they don't change his engine. He was faster in pre-qual and that decides the starting positions in case of two or more drivers record same time (or not time at all, as seen now)

So:
18. M Schumacher
19. Sato
20. Bruni
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:44 (Ref:1106456)   #11
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats something that doesn't happen very often. The question is how much difference it'll make to the end result tomorrow.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1106460)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
haha.. i for one look to a good race tomorrow.

With the championship already tied and safe, the spin and start from the back of the grid doesn't really put much pressure nor stress on Ferrari and fans. So i do anticipate the comeback of Michael tomorrow...though i can't say i really appreciate spins..

And with Rubens on the front row, i guess i can't complain. Hopefully, it's win number 2 for Rubens.

I think it'd still be 2 Ferraris on the podium. Rubens pace was encouraging, and so is Michael's. And with Bridgestone having a slight edge with durability, i think Michael would stop one less, run long from the pitlane start. Rubens would play the leading role tomorrow.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1106463)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kempi
Montezemolo seemed to be quite amused by the situation. Or he didn't know wether to laugh or cry.

And such an easy choice, too!

Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:12 (Ref:1106471)   #14
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV off the pace in qualies but that has to be expected with the lack of practice.

Really good to see Ralf up there!

Panis above Coulthard!?

So, what strategy change will Ferrari employ. A one- stopper just for fun - if that is possible.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1106474)   #15
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Redlake27
Did Michael really mess up? Or was this one of his mock spins like at Silverstone prequally? Maybe he enjoyed Monza so much he wants to charge from the back again!
From what I read, he ended up in the gravel. You don't do that on purpose. A rare but typical Schumacher mistake actually - tiny loss of concentration now the pressure's off. Or he gave it the berries a little more than he had before in the knowledge that nothing's really lost if he gets it wrong...

Great grid, though. I'm looking forward to the race now!

JV won't be too pleased with his position I'm sure, but he's only half a second or so down on Alonso, and he'd already said it was the one fast qually lap he still needed to work on. I think we'll see him improve on that position during the race.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1106475)   #16
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just heard a rumour that Schuy is at the back cos' during his flying lap, Brawn was choosing his lunch from the chinese menu and accidently requested a number 19 over the radio.

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 25 Sep 2004 at 09:20.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1106478)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Taxi for JARCE!

Old 25 Sep 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1106482)   #18
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Make it a limousine - I like to leave in style.

Incidently a number 19 on our take away is Rendang Beef - hot and spicy - let's hope tomorrow is!

Apparantly Michael was later asked his thoughts on the matter to which he replied 'Brawn? Crackers!'

Sorry, I'll get my jacket and leave now!

Last edited by Hugh Jarce; 25 Sep 2004 at 09:43.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1106495)   #19
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Humour aside, even with Michael at the back I've watched enough races to know that he can never be discounted. The excitement will be watching him coming through the pack. Two Ferraris on the podium is still more probable than not.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Jacques was a little heavier than Fernando. You can quote me after the race.

As for the rather hilarious speculation that TGF may have spun on purpose: No. Definitely not, not at that speed. He could have damaged something on the car, and if he'd been really unlucky he could have injured himself. And you don't risk doing that on purpose.

Last edited by R; 25 Sep 2004 at 10:14.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1106496)   #20
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
You only had to watch the last race to see what MS does from the back of the pack.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1106501)   #21
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

I agree - he's gotta be up for a podium, which just goes to show you how far ahead they are!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1106511)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ahh.. surprising spin by MS... but dont count a Ferrari 1-2 yet... He can be very quick and bet on Ross Brawn dreaming up some far out fuel strategy!!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1106512)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it'll still be a Ferrari 1-2! Should be fun though.

Lots of different cars at the front, again should be fun.

As for Michael spinning on purpose? Please, come on. Occam's Razor.
Old 25 Sep 2004, 10:45 (Ref:1106514)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JV- really never expected him to do what he did in Australia 96.... 4 tenths slower than FA.. id say thats fair enough...

Massa- probably a bit low on fuel but still p4 amazing

well done RS as well... 12 weeks out and comes back to out quly JPM and a top 5 start!
Old 25 Sep 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1106536)   #25
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i can hardly wait for tomorrows race ..
Ferrari starting first and last .. it's gonna be fun ..
Sauber were on pace all weekend . so i expect them to be close on pace with the Renault and BAR

Ciao Marco