Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 16 May 2003, 19:33 (Ref:601300)   #1
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Digital Cameras

I am in the new market for a new digital camera. My only experience has been with a Nikon CoolPix 4300. My budget is 300-400 USA dollars. I would like to have some extra to buy another memory card. It will be used mostly for motorsport photography. After I get a pretty big memory card (64mb preferred, 32 would be okay), I might want to get a better lense. So, what do you guys think? I have heard Nikon and Canon have good digital cameras but don't really know much besides what I have already used. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am not quite sure which CoolPix camera I have. It has now been at work on loan to the company for a couple months and I haven't seen it lately. I think it's a 4300. I know it was one of the earlier ones and it was the tall shape, not the long shape.

Last edited by RM40; 16 May 2003 at 19:38.
Old 16 May 2003, 20:38 (Ref:601337)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say have a look at Olympus. They have some new models out with long zooms and SLR functions.

If you plan on action photography, then you need a camera with minimal shutter lag. Many point & shoots can take up to a second and a half to expose the CCD after you press the button. Tnats far too long for action pics. Be sure and try them out in the store before you plop down your money.
Never forget #99
Old 18 May 2003, 10:54 (Ref:602456)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been borrowing a very dodgy and basic Kodak DC3400 of late to supplement my SLR, and with a little practice, it can come up with some quite neat photos.
Attached Thumbnails
john-eldrigde.jpg  
Old 18 May 2003, 11:05 (Ref:602460)   #4
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use an Olyumpus C-730 Ultra Zoom.

Its tiny but it will take pictures just as good as masive cameras.