Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 17 Apr 2003, 17:14 (Ref:572273)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Slide Film

Just got my first ever set of slides back and have to say I'm very impressed...either I got lucky, got good or the light was just right or the Moon was in Leo or something
I'll be sticking with this from now on (till the first disaster I imagine )
Only problem is short of buying my own scanner there doesnt appear to be an easy way of getting the slides digitized..unless anybody know any (cheap) way?
Old 17 Apr 2003, 18:31 (Ref:572336)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have had them done by the developer. I don't have access to a slide scanner.

Print film looks good, until you shoot some slide film then it's poor by comparison at best.

What did you shoot? I know Fuji Provia 100F is awesome.
Never forget #99
Old 17 Apr 2003, 19:01 (Ref:572384)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just Boots ISO 200 Colour Slide..didnt want to blow money if it wasnt going to be any good..it's probably more cost effective too with the processing being thrown in...Boots is also doing a 2 for 3 deal at the moment so I'll stick with that till I'm confident it wasnt just dumb luck then upgrade my film...Snetterton this weekend in what's looking like rather inclement conditions will be a good test
Old 18 Apr 2003, 11:14 (Ref:573039)   #4
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
paul. load up with fuji velvia. its what the pros(or semi-pros in my case!)shoot.

digital is convenient. you can get away with lots on neg.

but velvia is sex!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 08:20 (Ref:576210)   #5
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with slide film what you see is what you get. it just goes through a chemical process and thats it, no operator has to print it and put their interpretation into a print.
Try underexposing by 1/3rd to 1 stop and see how much it lifts the contrast in the slides
Old 22 Apr 2003, 10:24 (Ref:576301)   #6
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
agreed tanalised. with trannie, when you look thru the viewfinder you know if you're exposing it right - then thats what its going to look like. although in the case of velvia it just throws any shadows into total darkness...i never took a photography course in my life, just picked up what i was told...and one of those things was with velvia expose for the highlights and let the shadows take care of themselves!

btw...the original of the picture above looks almost exactly on the screen what it looks like on the original. and for the life of me i don't recall the sky looking anything like that colour!

velvia...love it!!
Old 22 Apr 2003, 10:27 (Ref:576305)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I just got a slide scanner but unfortunately I havent mastered the seetings to bring through the full colour and warmth of the original slides
Old 22 Apr 2003, 12:16 (Ref:576379)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
paul. load up with fuji velvia. its what the pros(or semi-pros in my case!)shoot.

digital is convenient. you can get away with lots on neg.

but velvia is sex!

Looks familiar........
Old 22 Apr 2003, 16:21 (Ref:576648)   #9
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd mentioned this in another thread, but have any of you tried cross-processing?

i.e slide film processed in C41 (print) chemistry.

With Velvia, colours and contrast are really extreme, but with Kodak EliteChrome the prints came out in pin-sharp saturated colour.

Effects are unpredictable, so it's good fun experimenting
Old 22 Apr 2003, 18:32 (Ref:576794)   #10
kdr
Veteran

i've never tried it. our darkroom were never that keen on people sticking the wrong film thru the wrong process...i think it can contaminate the chemicals.

or something.

i think photoshop can do similar things without the hassle.

ayse...you ought to try a roll of velvia at around 8-10pm on the roof of the welcome building, as wide an angle lens as you can find. see i'm taking it for granted the weathers going to be like last year!
Old 18 May 2003, 21:30 (Ref:602925)   #11
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would probably need to push Velvia to 100asa for motorsport. 50 is too slow sometimes for wild flowers let alone a large metal hurtling thing.

Velvia is coming out in a 100asa version in about July which means you don't need to pay extra for processing pushed Velvia.
Old 18 May 2003, 21:59 (Ref:602945)   #12
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
well, I shot my first roll of Velvia today and it p****d it down with rain at Silverstone that should bring the greys out