Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 25 Feb 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2137614)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Which ex-CCWS team wins first?

So, make your prediction/discuss, who will be the first team/driver to win in the combined IRL and at which race. (Not including Long Beach of course).
Old 25 Feb 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2137619)   #2
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newman Hass wins Homestead 2009
Old 25 Feb 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2137651)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think NHL are the only one who can really hope to win this year, unless someone else adds some IRL-experienced people quickly. NHL have the experienced and talented people in their squad, although I think any win would be on a road course as neither driver has done much on ovals.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2137695)   #4
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I think NHL are the only one who can really hope to win this year, unless someone else adds some IRL-experienced people quickly. NHL have the experienced and talented people in their squad, although I think any win would be on a road course as neither driver has done much on ovals.
I agree, and Justin will be the one (I hope)
Old 25 Feb 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2137751)   #5
Tony Clifton
Racer

Tony Clifton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newman Haas and probably on a non oval.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 23:09 (Ref:2137972)   #6
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In all seriousness I think Newman/Haas could become a very serious factor right quick this year.

Chris
Old 25 Feb 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2137982)   #7
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously Newman Haas. But I think Forthsye with paul tracy could win also he has way more oval experience than any of the other CCWS drivers.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:15 (Ref:2138017)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NHL probably but I agree that PT on an oval could be a serious contender.
Who knows maybe he will pass Helio on the last lap to take the Indy 500.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 26 Feb 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2138019)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Obviously, Newman-Haas-Lanigan.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 01:07 (Ref:2138041)   #10
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment newman\haas\langian havent won all those championships these past years for nothing,so i think they will be winning pretty early in the series and maybe fighting for the championship as well.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2138240)   #11
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
N/H/L probably, with Justin Wilson.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 15:51 (Ref:2138472)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
NHL most likely. Either driver is capable.

However, it is possible they won't win any at all this year.
Old 26 Feb 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2138538)   #13
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course Knowlesy, we have very little too base our predictions on. I'd like to see PT finally win a 500 to solidify himself as one of the best Indy Car drivers in history (it's great to refer to him as an Indy Car driver again!). It will be a very exciting year building to 2009. I reckon 2009 will be like watching the new child walk for the first time.

Chris
Old 26 Feb 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2138542)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PT has won a 500. Unofficially of course, but it counts for me!
Old 26 Feb 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2138554)   #15
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newman/Haas/Lanigan with Justin Wilson on a road or street course, I'd put my money on Long Beach.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 27 Feb 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2138977)   #16
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newman Haas, at Long Beach
Old 13 Mar 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2150559)   #17
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing that newman\haas\langian were the number 1 team in cart it only natual that they will be the first ccws to win a race in the irl.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2150820)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Shouldn't we rename this thread "which ex-CCWS team will actually race in Indycar first?"
Old 13 Mar 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2150878)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite confident that one of them will triumph at Long Beach
Old 14 Mar 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2151735)   #20
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
I'm quite confident that one of them will triumph at Long Beach
It doesn't look like many teams will turn up for that.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2151772)   #21
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
one would be enough
Old 14 Mar 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2151785)   #22
wills
Racer

wills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the Toyota GP Long Beach blog:here
Quote:
Champ Car drivers competing at Long Beach, like their IRL counterparts racing the same weekend at Motegi, Japan, will earn points toward the 2008 IndyCar Series championship. Several Champ Car teams are expected to join the unified series and compete for the championship.
So for teams like NHL wouldn't this mean easy points if they entered this race instead of going all the way to Japan? I'm just so confused with this one off Champ Car race.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2151942)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's what's happening wills - Long Beach will be ran as a send-off for ChampCar, but awarding IRL points. Considering that the ChampCar teams are having to adjust to a completely new car and (for many of them) new form of racing at the last minute, they are still at a big disadvantage regarding the overall championship - only NHL can really hope to be among the top 10 in the other early rounds.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 21:14 (Ref:2151950)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
KV Racing, with Aussie Vineyards backing for Mr Servia and Mr Power... should produce a win.. maybe
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Mar 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2152014)   #25
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not at awe of your confidence...